News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-13, 11:46 AM
SR Team Goof

Tony Parker after EuroBasket: Im very tired now

In case you ever wondered why Gregg Popovich doesnt love it when his players spend the summer playing for their national teams, here is Tony Parkers quote from after leading France to the EuroBasket title:
It was very hard for me physically. I am very tired now. Its been a long season, so its hard for me to say if I will play (in the FIBA World Cup of basketball next summer).
Spurs training camp opens in a week.

While Popovich will certainly rest Parker through camp and at points during the season as well, its far less than ideal that the teams key offensive player is heading into camp already tired from a deep run into the playoffs (including seven games in the Finals) then a lengthy summer with the national team.

We had reported before that Parkers father said his son would sit out next summer, but Parker was more general after winning the EuroBasket MVP. Parker himself was more vague, speaking at his press conference, via Catch & Shoot (translated by Hoopshype).
To be honest, I do not know yet. In 2015 (Olympic qualifying) and 2016 (the Rio Olympics), Ill play for sure. But next year, it will depend on how I feel.
San Antonio came within seconds of another NBA title last June and they will have two more cracks at it, this season and next. After that expect Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili to retire and the Spurs to rebuild around Kawhi Leonard and others.

To make those serious challenges, the Spurs will need Parker playing like he did in the playoffs last year and these European championships. Parker is what makes the San Antonio offense work.

So I think we know how Popovich will suggest Parker spend next summer if he goes to France, it should be the beaches in the south only.

Link to article: Tony Parker after EuroBasket: ?I?m very tired now? | ProBasketballTalk
Old 09-23-13, 09:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Rest him for all of training camp and the pre-season
Old 09-24-13, 02:32 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
Rest him for all of training camp and the pre-season
Yep, he will be aiight then.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!