SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   TMac Retires (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/120457-tmac-retires.html)

esparzar1 08-26-13 01:29 PM

TMac Retires

Tracy McGrady retires from NBA; overseas next? - ESPN

Leaving open the door to play overseas, seven-time All-Star Tracy McGrady retired from the NBA on Monday.
"It's been 16 years playing the game I love. I've had a great run, but it's time for it to come to an end," McGrady said on ESPN's "First Take."
McGrady averaged 19.6 points, 5.6 rebounds and 4.4 assists per game in a career that started in 1997, when he was drafted out of high school.
McGrady signed with the San Antonio Spurs in April after working his way back from injuries but never got on the floor for a team that made a run to the Finals.
McGrady told "First Take" that he still thinks he can play and was disappointed not to get a chance to help San Antonio.
"When we were in the Finals and Manu [Ginobili] was struggling, I felt I could contribute, absolutely," McGrady said.
He acknowledged, however, that Spurs management told him that he was an insurance policy and likely wouldn't play.
Asked to clarify whether he is considering playing in China, McGrady said: "Officially retired from the NBA. Door's still open."

mckennaspur1 08-26-13 01:33 PM

Would have been nice to have his number on speed-dial.

His monster game with the Rockets against the Spurs (single-handedly erasing a double digit lead with less than a minute to go) is something I'll never forget.

JuanCaca 08-26-13 01:43 PM

u can kill me, but im with him on this one... if me, i align him 5 or 10 minutes against mike miller, doubt he turn the ball over more than manu that bizarre 6th game, or even game 7...

spursfan9 08-26-13 02:49 PM

not that he's humble, but if he had jst a tad of the humility he had in the end of his career during the beginning of his career... man! it coulda been nuts.
i think he defn relied highly on his pure talent, and didnt really give it his all in improving... i can only imagine how hard he might have worked if he knew what he knows now earlly in his career.

katyspursfan 08-26-13 04:29 PM

Meh.
He quits again. Not like we haven't seen that before.

MichaelWi101 08-26-13 06:58 PM

Shows how slow the NBA news is when a guy who hasn't played regularly in the league for a couple of years is front page news when he says he's going to retire.

alh1020 08-26-13 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 (Post 1304520)
Shows how slow the NBA news is when a guy who hasn't played regularly in the league for a couple of years is front page news when he says he's going to retire.

i.e., Allen Iverson as well.

<!-- END TEMPLATE: newpost_quote -->

MichaelWi101 08-26-13 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alh1020 (Post 1304525)
i.e., Allen Iverson as well.

You're right, I had forgotten about him...
<!-- END TEMPLATE: newpost_quote -->

WILLTHETHRILL 08-28-13 08:33 PM

he was done before he got to SA. good move for him.