News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 08-16-13, 11:08 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Is DeJuan Blair Delusional?

From Hoopshype
"DeJuan Blair asked about falling short in Finals last year and motivation: “Of course I want to get back. I don’t think we would have come up short if I had played. It was a lot of motivation though, very exciting two weeks of my life, definitely want to get back, I think we have the team to do it. We just need to work together and get there, they’ve got the experience and I think we have some soldiers that will get us there, we have to play hard.” MavsFanatic.com"

Get a grip DeJuan you were never a difference maker.
Old 08-16-13, 11:15 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Yea.

Next off-season he will be wondering why even the Mavericks don't re-sign him.

I can't wait to see him riding the bench when we play Dallas.

DeJuan - El Matador - Blair
Old 08-16-13, 11:16 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

HERE is a link to the article.

DEJUAN BLAIR TAKES SWIPE AT SPURS DURING PRESS CONFERENCE
Written by Jeff Garcia on Friday, 16 August 2013 19:11.

The Dallas Mavericks introduced former San Antonio Spurs forward DeJuan Blair recently and he had a subtle message for his former team.

When asked about a return trip to the NBA Finals, the newest Dallas Maverick said he does want to get back and in the process, took a jab at the Spurs. In a nutshell, he said San Antonio might have won their 5th NBA title had the coaching staff had him out on the court more versus Miami.

Via: NBA.com

"Of course I want to get back. I don't think we've (Spurs) would have came up short if I would've played but, hey, keep that out there."

If DeJuan wants to re-ignite the Spurs-Mavericks rivalry of old, this jab at the Spurs might do it.

As for playing versus the Heat in the Finals, would Blair had made the difference? Unlikely.

The Spurs were seconds away from winning title No. 5 in Game 6 without DeJuan and forced Miami to a deciding Game 7. Granted the Spurs came up short in the end but Blair's contributions and toughness may have helped but were not going to be the difference maker.

Then again, with the way Tiago Splitter was performing in the Finals, could Blair have been any better had he gotten more playing time?

However, this jab at the Spurs is just another in a long list of times he complained about the lack of playing time while in San Antonio.

The first time the Mavericks and Blair will visit the Spurs next season will be January 8. I am sure Spurs fans will be there to give DeJuan a "warm welcome" back.

Thoughts Spurs fans?
Old 08-17-13, 12:56 AM
The Master Baiter

Well, he might have grabbed a rebound at the end of game 6. He always had a way of getting to the ball. This sounds like more a stab at Splitter, who sucked in that series.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-17-13, 09:35 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Kawhi had the rebound and it was knocked out....Blair wouldnt have made a difference.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-17-13, 09:41 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Start this off by saying Manu is my third favorite spur ever... We would have won the title if Manu was benched in the final couple minutes of game 6. HE kept giving Miami second and third chances to get back in it with all those stupid turnovers. Still makes me sick to think about it.
Old 08-17-13, 12:01 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Poor DB!

It is so convenient and easy to blame coach for not playing you.
However it was obvious for Spurs Coaches that DB was not going to make any difference so they did not bother in Finals. It was what it was...In my opinion Tony Parker got injured and that took the wind out of this Spurs team as we had no back up to pick his PG leader role...

DB needs to move on and Spurs are without him thankfully from now on for a great reason! We don't need you here DB. We never won any titles with you here. You absolutely did not fit here! Get it!
Old 08-19-13, 07:34 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Well, he might have grabbed a rebound at the end of game 6. He always had a way of getting to the ball. This sounds like more a stab at Splitter, who sucked in that series.
Dejuan was always an enigma. You could put him out there for five minutes, and at the end of that five minutes, he would either have dominated and stuffed the stat sheet or just about lost the game for you with nothing to show for it.

He never was much of a defensive rebounder.

And his offensive rebounding has steadily declined over his career.

I just don't see how a guy who can't shoot, can't get in good defensive position, and would be the third shortest guy on the court should be playing center in the finals.

If you want to play, show me consistent production. You can't afford to play a guy in high stakes series like that who can't be counted on to at least play average.
Old 08-19-13, 08:10 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

On the other hand you want a player with confidence. He gave us some good times, remember he was a starter when we had a long winning streak. Diaw and Splitter are now just better than Blair. I wish him well.
Old 08-20-13, 03:58 AM
SpursReport Rookie

He also thinks he sounds like Drake when he sings. . .
Old 08-29-13, 11:41 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Dejuan was always an enigma. You could put him out there for five minutes, and at the end of that five minutes, he would either have dominated and stuffed the stat sheet or just about lost the game for you with nothing to show for it.

Yes...but what if he HAD come in and grabbed that rebound? We will never know, because he never got the chance to show us one way, or the other.

He never was much of a defensive rebounder.

I always thought he was an aggressive rebounder on both sides of the court. He did have 8 RB's in the Finals, in only 18 mins of play.

And his offensive rebounding has steadily declined over his career.

I'll give you that one.

I just don't see how a guy who can't shoot, can't get in good defensive position, and would be the third shortest guy on the court should be playing center in the finals.

He really wasn't a bad shooter. He shot 46% in the finals from the field. His FT shooting was horrendous at 33%.

If you want to play, show me consistent production. You can't afford to play a guy in high stakes series like that who can't be counted on to at least play average.

We will never know if would have produced, or not. To not get a chance to, in those last few minutes of game six, makes me wonder, "What if?". Who knows, we could have had another banner to hang from the rafters. It's all moot, now.

Lastly, I think he WILL have big games against us. I just hope the rest of their team doesn't get fired up by his energy.

"Manu is wacko. He has no fear." - Gregg Popovich