SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Bye, bye... Gary. (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/120254-bye-bye-gary.html)

MRJONESIII 07-27-13 04:28 PM

Bye, bye... Gary.

So what's next for the Spurs?

spurduncan21 07-27-13 06:01 PM

Greg Oden and mo Williams.... And maybe a trade for Ariza

MRJONESIII 07-27-13 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spurduncan21 (Post 1303884)
Greg Oden and mo Williams.... And maybe a trade for Ariza

Mo will go to Miami to his man crush. Lebron is his buddy. I'm hoping for the other 2.

spurduncan21 07-27-13 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRJONESIII (Post 1303886)
Mo will go to Miami to his man crush. Lebron is his buddy. I'm hoping for the other 2.

Any of the 3 would be suffice. I think Mo Williams is the least necessary of the 3 options

drcantgetright 07-27-13 07:15 PM

I would take Mo > Ariza > Oden but more because I am not sold on Odens health.

grizzly_bexar 07-27-13 08:21 PM

Looks like Gary signed with Milwaukee for basically the same deal that we gave to Belinelli. Makes you wonder what the negotiations were early on about any extension and if we would have kept Gary if you'd been willing to sign a deal at that price early on.

clovisnmspurfan 07-27-13 10:46 PM

Glad to see Neal making some $$. I wish him well. Also I believe Marco is a more rounded player which results in an upgrade for us.

Spurd_On 07-27-13 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar (Post 1303891)
Looks like Gary signed with Milwaukee for basically the same deal that we gave to Belinelli. Makes you wonder what the negotiations were early on about any extension and if we would have kept Gary if you'd been willing to sign a deal at that price early on.

I'm not so sure. I think back to the Golden State series and the guard tandems that gave the Spurs fits. DeColo was too raw, Ginobili was too slow, Neal was too one dimensional and Danny Green did not have an inside offensive game. The Spurs may have targeted Belinelli with the intentions of keeping Manu, giving DeColo another year to see if he could develop and see if Green could develop some inside moves in the off season. I think Belinelli is insurance in case the above is a problem in the coming season. Neal was the odd man out.

alh1020 07-28-13 01:41 AM

After reading some of the articles today, of the three players mentioned above (Ariza, Mo Williams, Oden), I believe the only one we might have a chance to get would be Ariza through a S&T of Blair and maybe one other Spur to Washington; with Odenís agent hinting that going to an NBA team on a rebuilding mission, would provide a lower profile and might be less stressful, demanding and more beneficial to Oden to go to either Atlanta or New Orleans vs Miami or San Antonio. And Williams, he ainít taking any minimum salary deals, heís going to go to the team that will give him a payday, which the Spurs cannot presently give him. Lastly, goodbye Gary, thanks for all the memories and for wearing the silver and black proudly.

WILLTHETHRILL 07-28-13 01:35 PM

Neal at the reported money he is getting is way too much. He did a good job and really was underpaid overall in SA. I didn't like Pop playing him at point guard though.

choppsboy 07-28-13 02:24 PM

Why are any of you interested in Ariza?

He sucks and is paid way too much.

WILLTHETHRILL 07-29-13 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choppsboy (Post 1303907)
Why are any of you interested in Ariza?

He sucks and is paid way too much.

Oh now you are concerned about salary? lol. The player has 3 point range and defends well with a long frame. He gets steals and actually has improved his perimeter game to include his free throw %. On a one year salary and he is still only 28 years old..........not a bad move. When Kawhi goes out they can keep the pressure going on both ends.

MRJONESIII 07-29-13 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL (Post 1303914)
Oh now you are concerned about salary? lol. The player has 3 point range and defends well with a long frame. He gets steals and actually has improved his perimeter game to include his free throw %. On a one year salary and he is still only 28 years old..........not a bad move. When Kawhi goes out they can keep the pressure going on both ends.

Exactly. Some people don't watch players they presume that such. Ariza is a guy who plays good with great players and his potential was very close to its highest in LA. He seemed to feed of Kobe like Pippen feed off Jordan. Ariza has that kind of game, just not quite in Pippens' level. But with our cast, he'd be a real nice defensive book end with Leonard.

exit7 07-29-13 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRJONESIII (Post 1303915)
Exactly. Some people don't watch players they presume that such. Ariza is a guy who plays good with great players and his potential was very close to its highest in LA. He seemed to feed of Kobe like Pippen feed off Jordan. Ariza has that kind of game, just not quite in Pippens' level. But with our cast, he'd be a real nice defensive book end with Leonard.

Well, I almost lost my marbles when I saw you compare him to Pippen, but you backed off at the end lol. Although I do see how you could make that argument, I like Ariza, but I don't think he is a necessity. In my opinion, we needed another player who could create his own shot, Marco gives us that to a certain extent, and hopefully Kawhi develops a little more.

At the end of the day, I don't see the spurs adding any new player during the offseason thats going to make much of a difference now. The Belinelli signing was their big splurge. Maybe they make a move closer to the trade deadline if there is an injury, but I don't buy the rumors about Oden, Mo or Ariza.

MRJONESIII 07-29-13 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exit7 (Post 1303916)
Well, I almost lost my marbles when I saw you compare him to Pippen, but you backed off at the end lol. Although I do see how you could make that argument, I like Ariza, but I don't think he is a necessity. In my opinion, we needed another player who could create his own shot, Marco gives us that to a certain extent, and hopefully Kawhi develops a little more.

At the end of the day, I don't see the spurs adding any new player during the offseason thats going to make much of a difference now. The Belinelli signing was their big splurge. Maybe they make a move closer to the trade deadline if there is an injury, but I don't buy the rumors about Oden, Mo or Ariza.

I agree, but a solid long, defensive back up for Leonard isn't a necessity... Along with a back up pg? I know we have Green, but Oden is not coming, maybe we get Mo when Miami gets Greg. But long athletic, defensive minded bodies are never something I'd like to be short on. With all the big small forwards and small ball,he'd be nice. That's why they were going after AK47. Also seems like bigs are never our strong suit... Pg and wing players.

exit7 07-29-13 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRJONESIII (Post 1303917)
I agree, but a solid long, defensive back up for Leonard isn't a necessity... Along with a back up pg? I know we have Green, but Oden is not coming, maybe we get Mo when Miami gets Greg. But long athletic, defensive minded bodies are never something I'd like to be short on. With all the big small forwards and small ball,he'd be nice. That's why they were going after AK47. Also seems like bigs are never our strong suit... Pg and wing players.

It might be a pipe dream, but I liked Deshaun Thomas in college. And he is bigger than Kawhi. If the spurs can get Green and Diaw to look like all-world defenders on Lebron last year, I'd like to see what they could do with Thomas' frame.

spurduncan21 07-29-13 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRJONESIII (Post 1303917)

I'd be happy with Mo and Ariza :)

HeloteSpurs 08-02-13 12:59 AM

Thank you Gary for all those incredible games. We were glad to give you an opportunity and we were even more happier with the result you gave us, you came in, worked hard, made a name for yourself and now we get to see you go off and continue your career. San Antonio will always remember you and continue to cheer for you, I wish you the best of luck and hope one day we get to see you back in a Spurs jersey. Enjoy Milwaukee!