News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-13, 03:17 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Oden to decide between Spurs, Mavs, Kings and others next week

Marc J. Spears: Free agent center Greg Oden to make decision next week picking from Sacramento, Miami, ATL, NO, San Antonio & Dallas, source told Y! Sports. Twitter @SpearsNBAYahoo
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-24-13, 08:24 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Can someone tell me has there ever been a player in Free Agrncy that we where linked to for a while(like Oden) that has ended up picking us when other teams where in the race to sign him as well???

Off the top of my head I really can't remember anyone that we wanted to SIGN and we GOT???
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-24-13, 08:38 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSPURS View Post
Can someone tell me has there ever been a player in Free Agrncy that we where linked to for a while(like Oden) that has ended up picking us when other teams where in the race to sign him as well???

Off the top of my head I really can't remember anyone that we wanted to SIGN and we GOT???
Honestly am not too sure but there is always a first haha

- Confucius
Old 07-24-13, 10:08 AM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

I have to think he's going to Miami, as much as I would like to see him work under duncan, he doesn't seem like the guy who would make that decision. Honestly, why wouldn't you go to the two time defending champs?
Old 07-24-13, 10:35 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSPURS View Post

Derek Anderson comes to mind.

And Michael Finley after he was amnestied by Dallas.
Old 07-24-13, 12:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

What is he.... Lebron, Dwight? Just pick a freaking team already! It's not that damn hard to choose. Either you want to play with Lebron and the champs, learn from the greatest power forward and the most consistent team in the last 16 years, a rebuilding team or a loud mouth owner!
Old 07-24-13, 12:12 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

Here's an interesting article on Oden from last year.
http:// http://www.grantland.com/sto...plagued-career
Old 07-24-13, 12:32 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
What is he.... Lebron, Dwight? Just pick a freaking team already! It's not that damn hard to choose. Either you want to play with Lebron and the champs, learn from the greatest power forward and the most consistent team in the last 16 years, a rebuilding team or a loud mouth owner!
Amen to that!!! we're talking about a guy who hasn't played in almost 4 years and acting as if he's going to be some kind of star when he finally does hit the floor.
Old 07-24-13, 12:34 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

He seems to have narrowed his decision down to only signing with 20% of the teams in the NBA That's probably twice as many as Dwight Howard narrowed his to.
Old 07-24-13, 02:00 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I think Oden is going to need a team that will give him lots of patience and a great training staff. Both of those things can be San Antonio-- but something tells me Mark Cuban is in his ear and putting out the big show red carpet for him.

Dallas is my guess as to where he ends up.

Then again.. He could wind up with a ring in SA or MIAMI. Even if he does ZERO.
Old 07-24-13, 02:12 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Whether or not Oden wants to come to the Spurs won't matter. They aren't going to take a flyer on his health. Their analysis at the pre draft combine before he even got drafted was they wouldn't touch him. It's not just his knees. It's a bad wrist, chronic back, and hip issues too. Give Oden credit for turning pro when he did. He was a walking time bomb with regards to his health. Another year and he would have plummeted down the board. I admire that he wants to compete, unlike a Bynum, but you won't see him in a Spurs uniform.
Old 07-25-13, 09:43 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabspur View Post
Whether or not Oden wants to come to the Spurs won't matter. They aren't going to take a flyer on his health. Their analysis at the pre draft combine before he even got drafted was they wouldn't touch him. It's not just his knees. It's a bad wrist, chronic back, and hip issues too. Give Oden credit for turning pro when he did. He was a walking time bomb with regards to his health. Another year and he would have plummeted down the board. I admire that he wants to compete, unlike a Bynum, but you won't see him in a Spurs uniform.

I agree with you about his desire, but how do you know that they won't touch him due to the pre draft combine? I never heard or read anything of the sort.
Also if that is the case then why are the Spurs represented now. It was reported that he was here in San Antonio twice talkng to the FO.