SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Oden to decide between Spurs, Mavs, Kings and others next week (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/120241-oden-decide-between-spurs-mavs-kings-others-next-week.html)

SilverSpur 07-24-13 03:17 AM

Oden to decide between Spurs, Mavs, Kings and others next week

Marc J. Spears: Free agent center Greg Oden to make decision next week picking from Sacramento, Miami, ATL, NO, San Antonio & Dallas, source told Y! Sports. Twitter @SpearsNBAYahoo

ALSPURS 07-24-13 08:24 AM

Can someone tell me has there ever been a player in Free Agrncy that we where linked to for a while(like Oden) that has ended up picking us when other teams where in the race to sign him as well???

Off the top of my head I really can't remember anyone that we wanted to SIGN and we GOT???

spurduncan21 07-24-13 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALSPURS (Post 1303786)
Can someone tell me has there ever been a player in Free Agrncy that we where linked to for a while(like Oden) that has ended up picking us when other teams where in the race to sign him as well???

Off the top of my head I really can't remember anyone that we wanted to SIGN and we GOT???

Honestly am not too sure but there is always a first haha

exit7 07-24-13 10:08 AM

I have to think he's going to Miami, as much as I would like to see him work under duncan, he doesn't seem like the guy who would make that decision. Honestly, why wouldn't you go to the two time defending champs?

NewSpur 07-24-13 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALSPURS (Post 1303786)

Derek Anderson comes to mind.

And Michael Finley after he was amnestied by Dallas.

MRJONESIII 07-24-13 12:00 PM

What is he.... Lebron, Dwight? Just pick a freaking team already! It's not that damn hard to choose. Either you want to play with Lebron and the champs, learn from the greatest power forward and the most consistent team in the last 16 years, a rebuilding team or a loud mouth owner!

doom32x4 07-24-13 12:12 PM

Here's an interesting article on Oden from last year.
http:// http://www.grantland.com/sto...plagued-career

MichaelWi101 07-24-13 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRJONESIII (Post 1303793)
What is he.... Lebron, Dwight? Just pick a freaking team already! It's not that damn hard to choose. Either you want to play with Lebron and the champs, learn from the greatest power forward and the most consistent team in the last 16 years, a rebuilding team or a loud mouth owner!

Amen to that!!! :rockon:rockon we're talking about a guy who hasn't played in almost 4 years and acting as if he's going to be some kind of star when he finally does hit the floor.

Spurd_On 07-24-13 12:34 PM

He seems to have narrowed his decision down to only signing with 20% of the teams in the NBA:) That's probably twice as many as Dwight Howard narrowed his to.

Guapo 07-24-13 02:00 PM

I think Oden is going to need a team that will give him lots of patience and a great training staff. Both of those things can be San Antonio-- but something tells me Mark Cuban is in his ear and putting out the big show red carpet for him.

Dallas is my guess as to where he ends up.

Then again.. He could wind up with a ring in SA or MIAMI. Even if he does ZERO.

tabspur 07-24-13 02:12 PM

Whether or not Oden wants to come to the Spurs won't matter. They aren't going to take a flyer on his health. Their analysis at the pre draft combine before he even got drafted was they wouldn't touch him. It's not just his knees. It's a bad wrist, chronic back, and hip issues too. Give Oden credit for turning pro when he did. He was a walking time bomb with regards to his health. Another year and he would have plummeted down the board. I admire that he wants to compete, unlike a Bynum, but you won't see him in a Spurs uniform.

xmas97 07-25-13 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabspur (Post 1303803)
Whether or not Oden wants to come to the Spurs won't matter. They aren't going to take a flyer on his health. Their analysis at the pre draft combine before he even got drafted was they wouldn't touch him. It's not just his knees. It's a bad wrist, chronic back, and hip issues too. Give Oden credit for turning pro when he did. He was a walking time bomb with regards to his health. Another year and he would have plummeted down the board. I admire that he wants to compete, unlike a Bynum, but you won't see him in a Spurs uniform.

I agree with you about his desire, but how do you know that they won't touch him due to the pre draft combine? I never heard or read anything of the sort.
Also if that is the case then why are the Spurs represented now. It was reported that he was here in San Antonio twice talkng to the FO.