News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-13, 06:00 PM
SR Team Goof

Marcus Camby clears waivers, reportedly deciding between Heat, Bulls, and Rockets

Marcus Camby cleared waivers as expected on Sunday, and is now an unrestricted free agent.

While the Rockets were reported to be the “leading contender” for Camby’s services, there are two other teams believed to still be in the running, as well.

From Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida:
With Marcus Camby having cleared waivers sources said his 3 finalists are the Heat, Rockets and Bulls. He will decide in the next few days
Camby accepted a buyout from the Raptors after being traded there in the deal that sent Andrea Bargnani to the Knicks, and did so specifically to have an opportunity to play for a contender.

All three of these teams fit the bill, obviously, and Camby can be an elite presence on the boards, even at this advanced stage of his career.

Quality bigs are in short supply in the NBA, and Camby’s presence on a postseason roster, if he’s healthy and able to contribute, could turn out to be an important one in helping an elite team advance through the playoffs.

Link to story: Marcus Camby clears waivers, reportedly deciding between Heat, Bulls, and Rockets | ProBasketballTalk
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-21-13, 06:09 PM
SR Team Goof

If Camby decides to accept the Heat’s offer, Miami would (logically) have no further interest in Oden (IMO), which would narrow the field of those teams still vying for Oden’s services. And we all know that the Spurs have the team and player (Duncan) who can school Oden the best in the center, low post position. Further, Oden’s agent previously stated they were looking for a team who would be best suited for Oden and what team is better managing minutes, playing time and also has a class D-league team where Oden could slowly regain his basketball skills than the Spurs. I’d sure like to leap to the end of this story to see how it ends; the suspense is killing me.
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-21-13, 06:56 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Camby can be an elite presence on the boards, even at this advanced stage of his career.
Oh please, maybe for two or three minutes a game. As of 7-21-2013, he's not even listed on nba.com under 'players' any longer. He needs to just retire.