News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-13, 05:52 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Miller has 4 Possible suiters including Spurs

What would you guys think of Mike Miller?

Report: Spurs a possible suitor for Mike Miller
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-18-13, 06:02 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Eh not too crazy but pop would certainly get the most out of him

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-18-13, 06:13 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Might be just a BIT funny if Spurs sign Miller, Neal signs qualifying offer, Spurs cut Neal.

In a "I'm glad that's not my millions of dollars" kind of way.
Old 07-18-13, 06:14 PM
Herman Cain of the board

I know in the past through an insider that indicated he was a target.
Old 07-18-13, 06:37 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Don't they already have too many SGs/smaller wings? Green, Ginobili, Bellinelli, DeColo (sort of)...gotta be either a SF or a C/PF for that last spot, no?
Old 07-18-13, 06:42 PM
SR Team Goof

We're interested in Oden; we're interested in Miller; we're interested in Mo Williams; should we sign Neal; what do we do with Deshaun Thomas. We only got one roster spot left and so many players to choose from ---- will it be a 'first come; first sign' proposition? I know we're only 18 days into free agency but the suspense is killing me.
Old 07-18-13, 06:54 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I wouldn't mind Miller, I guess, but we wouldn't be able to cover for him defensively like Lebron and the Heat can.

Realistically, I can't see much of a role for him here. Green and Kawhi are good shooters on the wing already. I don't see who we sit to have him play.

I'd rather have Mo Williams, and I'm not really a huge fan of his.
Old 07-18-13, 07:41 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Definitely would take Mo over Miller....but I would be happy to have miller and give him Bonner's minutes
Old 07-19-13, 03:35 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

A person with knowledge of the situation said Thunder general manager Sam Presti was scheduled to fly to Miami to meet with Mike Miller this week. Oklahoman

Read more at HoopsHype - NBA Rumors
Old 07-19-13, 03:36 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

If OKC signed Miller to a one-year contract, the league would reimburse the Thunder approximately $515,000. On a minimum contract, only $884,293 of Miller's deal would then be included in the Thunder's team salary. That's the same amount guard DeAndre Liggins is owed and could suggest that Liggins, who is not guaranteed his salary if he doesn't make the regular season roster, would be replaced by the veteran Miller. Center Daniel Orton, who also is on a non-guaranteed contract, could be released as well. Orton is set to earn roughly $916,000 next season.

Read more at HoopsHype - NBA Rumors
Old 07-19-13, 08:54 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Miller can't help here. We've already got one Bonner and one Neal (per se). No need to add the same player in Miller. The prospoect of Mo Williams is much more enticing.
Old 07-19-13, 10:35 AM
SR Team Goof

Based on past experience, the only plus I can see with having Miller would be that his 3 point shooting warms up when playoff time rolls around, verus Neal and Bonner being erratic, inconsistent and doing a slow fade. Plus he might come a little cheaper due to the amnesty.
Old 07-19-13, 11:51 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!! In a second. Waaaaaaaay better than Bonner and/or Neal. Can play the SF position, decent defender, good rebounder and championship pedegree. For cheap??? HELL YES!!! Nuff'said
Old 07-19-13, 01:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

If we are going to sign all these players we better get a longer bench.
Old 07-19-13, 03:29 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan View Post
If we are going to sign all these players we better get a longer bench.
And a new CBA...