News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-13, 12:12 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Let no Spurs fan mention 'Amnesty' again

As a public service, I just want to let the community know that no Spur will ever be amnestied under the CBA agreement. Tony Parker is the last eligible Spur and there is almost no scenario where the Spurs would use it on him. In the event of a Kobe like situation, the Spurs would want to keep him and try to rehab. If something worse happened, there are insurance/injury exception options the team would use.

Henceforth, let the word Amnesty never cross your keyboard again.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-18-13, 02:49 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdon View Post
As a public service, I just want to let the community know that no Spur will ever be amnestied under the CBA agreement. Tony Parker is the last eligible Spur and there is almost no scenario where the Spurs would use it on him. In the event of a Kobe like situation, the Spurs would want to keep him and try to rehab. If something worse happened, there are insurance/injury exception options the team would use.

Henceforth, let the word Amnesty never cross your keyboard again.
Unless they amnestied Bonner and didn't tell anybody, he's still eligible for amnesty due to the fact that his deal was signed during the last CBA. I think CoJo is eligible too, but he's not going anywhere.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-18-13, 03:03 PM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

Amnesty Bonner!!!
Old 07-18-13, 04:44 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom32x4 View Post
Unless they amnestied Bonner and didn't tell anybody, he's still eligible for amnesty due to the fact that his deal was signed during the last CBA. I think CoJo is eligible too, but he's not going anywhere.
CoJo, no. Signed during the current CBA.

Bonner is in the last year of his contract. He can't get any amnesty love next year, because there is no contract to amnesty.
All teams had to submit contracts for amnesty by yesterday. Bonner wasn't one of them.

As B1gdon pointed out, the ONLY contract still eligible for the amnesty provision is Parker's.
Old 07-18-13, 04:47 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Yeah amnesty is dead for the spurs. I was hoping for Kobe to amnestied and play for the spurs lol

- Confucius
Old 07-18-13, 06:30 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

I didn't see the headline about the deadline passing. Yeah....Parker isn't going anywhere, top 3 pg for under $15m a year? Deals like that are why Ginobili got his deal to end his career.
Old 07-18-13, 07:20 PM
Herman Cain of the board

I pretty much said no spur would be amnestied to include the previous amnesty period of 05'. The Spurs won't do it ever. I think most know that but I really thought they would have done the 1 million dollar buyout on Bonner's deal but hey I was wrong. I admit it. I knew he was safe after that. Could still be traded though lol.

Last edited by WILLTHETHRILL; 07-19-13 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-19-13, 02:47 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
I pretty said no spur would be amnestied to include the previous amnesty period of 05'. The Spurs won't do it ever. I think most know that but I really thought they would have done the 1 million dollar buyout on Bonner's deal but hey I was wrong. I admit it. I knew he was safe after that. Could still be traded though lol.
Sounds like wishful thinking.
Old 07-20-13, 02:55 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Well, those of us who still are disgusted with this piece of disappointment Bonner, who keeps getting extremely lucky being on this team forever, can only wish and dream that this Big Boy Bonner Red Mumba would finally be traded during this off season or trade deadline.....
Old 07-20-13, 01:07 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I just think its front office suicide to not use a stipend that is only beneficial (I mean I guess player backlash is one negative side effect but so what!?). I love how the Spurs make moves and hate them at the same time.
Old 07-20-13, 08:32 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Rest assured that if Pop thought Bonner was not contributing he would get rid of him in a heart beat. Besides who would we have left to vent all our pent up hostilities?
Old 07-20-13, 11:33 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post

Well, those of us who still are disgusted with this piece of disappointment Bonner, who keeps getting extremely lucky being on this team forever, can only wish and dream that this Big Boy Bonner Red Mumba would finally be traded during this off season or trade deadline.....
He is never going to leave this damn team, period. He is here until he retires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan View Post
Rest assured that if Pop thought Bonner was not contributing he would get rid of him in a heart beat. Besides who would we have left to vent all our pent up hostilities?
Pop has lost his mind years ago so he will never think his MAIN MAN BONNER is not contributing. He played alot better of a role last year though, alot less mins and only played in a series that fit his game.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.