News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-13, 11:05 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Mo williams considering signing less for spurs or heat

That would be a great addition if it happens then trade blair and bonner for ariza then sign oden. Now im dreaming lol
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-16-13, 11:35 AM
SpursReport Rookie

news link ?
Old 07-16-13, 11:45 AM
SR Team Goof

Here's where I found it:

Alex Kennedy: I'm hearing Mo Williams is considering taking less to join a contender such as the Spurs or Heat. Nothing imminent, but he's considering it. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-16-13, 12:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Mo has always killed us.... Clippers or Jazz! Would be a great #2 pg. And he's got attitude. Kawhi back up and we'll be ok. If the get the guys we hope to a couple guys have to exit....DeColo, Mills, Neal or Bonner via trade.
Old 07-16-13, 12:33 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Whenever I see someone considering a team like the Heat I always think they will go there for some reason.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 07-16-13, 12:48 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
Whenever I see someone considering a team like the Heat I always think they will go there for some reason.
Cause Miami is sexier and more successful than San Antonio right now. Jewelry don't lie. Beaches, theme parks, front of a nice book kind of thing. How much money do they have !
Old 07-16-13, 12:55 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Having a guy like that would make us so much more versatile. Though he is one of those guys who can shoot you into or out of a game. Kind of like Neil if you think about it for manu for that matter.
Old 07-16-13, 04:08 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Spurs need to make some roster space
Old 07-16-13, 04:20 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Now that miller is gone, watch him go to Heat. Spurs have too many players and guards at the moment
Old 07-16-13, 04:27 PM
Herman Cain of the board

TRADE BONNER AND SOME POINT GUARDS!
Old 07-16-13, 05:43 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I would get rid of a number of folks for Mo and/or Miller...
Old 07-16-13, 05:56 PM
SR Team Goof

I’ve always liked Mo Williams, even though he has been a thorn in our a$$ for years, regardless of which uniform he has worn. He’s the type veteran leadership I’d like to see come off the bench and spell TP. But if Mo is interested in the Spurs and our FO has a mutual interest in bringing him here, we gotta make room for him –-- we just have too many guards on the payroll (Parker, DeColo, Mills and Joseph) as it is. If we do bring Williams in, we gotta cut two guards loose via trade.
Old 07-17-13, 12:31 AM
SpursReport Team Member

The one thing I've hoped for, since TP went down during the season and exposed our biggest weakness.

Last edited by jackc852; 07-17-13 at 12:36 AM.
Old 07-17-13, 08:41 AM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I’ve always liked Mo Williams, even though he has been a thorn in our a$$ for years, regardless of which uniform he has worn. He’s the type veteran leadership I’d like to see come off the bench and spell TP. But if Mo is interested in the Spurs and our FO has a mutual interest in bringing him here, we gotta make room for him –-- we just have too many guards on the payroll (Parker, DeColo, Mills and Joseph) as it is. If we do bring Williams in, we gotta cut two guards loose via trade.
I could be wrong but I thought I had heard some time in this last season that Mills has a no trade clause in his contract. So we would probably have to get rid of de colo unless we could get mills to agree to a trade..
Old 07-17-13, 09:45 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesuspence281 View Post
I could be wrong but I thought I had heard some time in this last season that Mills has a no trade clause in his contract. So we would probably have to get rid of de colo unless we could get mills to agree to a trade..
He opted in.....so he can be traded now without his consent.
Old 07-17-13, 12:26 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I'm surprised that Mo Williams is saying he wants to join the Heat.

After all, he is one of the players that Lebron left behind in Cleveland. As I recall, Williams was disappointed that James left.
Old 07-17-13, 02:54 PM
Spartan Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
Cause Miami is sexier and more successful than San Antonio right now. Jewelry don't lie. Beaches, theme parks, front of a nice book kind of thing. How much money do they have !
We have theme parks! LOL

Old 07-20-13, 08:18 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

He'd be the backup point for sure. Come to SA Mo and you won't regret it

- Confucius
Old 07-21-13, 08:15 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Excellent offensive player, great shooter. A big upgrade over Gary Neal. A much better shooter than Danny Green. It would be nice to get him.