SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Mo williams considering signing less for spurs or heat (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/120203-mo-williams-considering-signing-less-spurs-heat.html)

airmanu20 07-16-13 11:05 AM

Mo williams considering signing less for spurs or heat

That would be a great addition if it happens then trade blair and bonner for ariza then sign oden. Now im dreaming lol

BabyGonzo 07-16-13 11:35 AM

news link ?

alh1020 07-16-13 11:45 AM

Here's where I found it:

Alex Kennedy: I'm hearing Mo Williams is considering taking less to join a contender such as the Spurs or Heat. Nothing imminent, but he's considering it. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA

MRJONESIII 07-16-13 12:26 PM

Mo has always killed us.... Clippers or Jazz! Would be a great #2 pg. And he's got attitude. Kawhi back up and we'll be ok. If the get the guys we hope to a couple guys have to exit....DeColo, Mills, Neal or Bonner via trade.

Rzarector7 07-16-13 12:33 PM

Whenever I see someone considering a team like the Heat I always think they will go there for some reason.

MRJONESIII 07-16-13 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rzarector7 (Post 1303423)
Whenever I see someone considering a team like the Heat I always think they will go there for some reason.

Cause Miami is sexier and more successful than San Antonio right now. Jewelry don't lie. Beaches, theme parks, front of a nice book kind of thing. How much money do they have !

grizzly_bexar 07-16-13 12:55 PM

Having a guy like that would make us so much more versatile. Though he is one of those guys who can shoot you into or out of a game. Kind of like Neil if you think about it for manu for that matter.

WILLTHETHRILL 07-16-13 04:08 PM

Spurs need to make some roster space

montgod 07-16-13 04:20 PM

Now that miller is gone, watch him go to Heat. Spurs have too many players and guards at the moment

WILLTHETHRILL 07-16-13 04:27 PM

TRADE BONNER AND SOME POINT GUARDS!

drcantgetright 07-16-13 05:43 PM

I would get rid of a number of folks for Mo and/or Miller...

alh1020 07-16-13 05:56 PM

I’ve always liked Mo Williams, even though he has been a thorn in our a$$ for years, regardless of which uniform he has worn. He’s the type veteran leadership I’d like to see come off the bench and spell TP. But if Mo is interested in the Spurs and our FO has a mutual interest in bringing him here, we gotta make room for him –-- we just have too many guards on the payroll (Parker, DeColo, Mills and Joseph) as it is. If we do bring Williams in, we gotta cut two guards loose via trade.

jackc852 07-17-13 12:31 AM

The one thing I've hoped for, since TP went down during the season and exposed our biggest weakness.

thesuspence281 07-17-13 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alh1020 (Post 1303446)
I’ve always liked Mo Williams, even though he has been a thorn in our a$$ for years, regardless of which uniform he has worn. He’s the type veteran leadership I’d like to see come off the bench and spell TP. But if Mo is interested in the Spurs and our FO has a mutual interest in bringing him here, we gotta make room for him –-- we just have too many guards on the payroll (Parker, DeColo, Mills and Joseph) as it is. If we do bring Williams in, we gotta cut two guards loose via trade.

I could be wrong but I thought I had heard some time in this last season that Mills has a no trade clause in his contract. So we would probably have to get rid of de colo unless we could get mills to agree to a trade..

WILLTHETHRILL 07-17-13 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesuspence281 (Post 1303465)
I could be wrong but I thought I had heard some time in this last season that Mills has a no trade clause in his contract. So we would probably have to get rid of de colo unless we could get mills to agree to a trade..

He opted in.....so he can be traded now without his consent.

tenthousandaces 07-17-13 12:26 PM

I'm surprised that Mo Williams is saying he wants to join the Heat.

After all, he is one of the players that Lebron left behind in Cleveland. As I recall, Williams was disappointed that James left.

Robofuzz 07-17-13 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRJONESIII (Post 1303424)
Cause Miami is sexier and more successful than San Antonio right now. Jewelry don't lie. Beaches, theme parks, front of a nice book kind of thing. How much money do they have !

We have theme parks! LOL

spurduncan21 07-20-13 08:18 AM

He'd be the backup point for sure. Come to SA Mo and you won't regret it :)

G13 07-21-13 08:15 PM

Excellent offensive player, great shooter. A big upgrade over Gary Neal. A much better shooter than Danny Green. It would be nice to get him.