News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-13, 01:27 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

What's this sign and trade possibility?

Bleacher report saying possible S&T Splitter and Diaw plus 1st rounder for Gortat? And Blair S&T for 6-11 Jan Vesley? Fact of fiction? Anyone...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-15-13, 01:37 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

The first sounds crazy. First of all I don't even think the salaries work. Second one sounds interesting but first I've heard of Vesely being a possibility.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-15-13, 02:02 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Don't think the salaries match up. Splitter alone makes more than Gortat. Add in Diaw's $4.5 million or so, and 1st round slot, they dont fit. The Suns only had about $2 million cap space to start the off season, unless they got way under with the Clipper trade to take on the extra dinero. All that being said, I still wouldn't do it. Unless, that first rounder was coming to us..... That could be a valuable asset come next years draft. Blair S&T for Vesley is interesting. But I think it's just another hack throwing stuff out there.
Old 07-15-13, 02:15 PM
SpursReport Team Member

"Bleacher report saying" is all you really need to know.
Old 07-15-13, 02:57 PM
SR Team Goof

Tiago and Diaw for Gortat is a very interesting ‘fantasy’ trade to consider. Now if it were true, I’d think the Suns would have to throw someone else into the pot to even the salaries out. But the S&T of Blair for Vesely is one that really would stymie me as I thought the scuddlebutt in Washington was that Vesely was part of the Wizards rebuild process. But if one or both trades were to come about, I think the Spurs would come out on top in their summer transactions. IMHO.
Old 07-15-13, 03:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabspur View Post
Don't think the salaries match up. Splitter alone makes more than Gortat. Add in Diaw's $4.5 million or so, and 1st round slot, they dont fit. The Suns only had about $2 million cap space to start the off season, unless they got way under with the Clipper trade to take on the extra dinero. All that being said, I still wouldn't do it. Unless, that first rounder was coming to us..... That could be a valuable asset come next years draft. Blair S&T for Vesley is interesting. But I think it's just another hack throwing stuff out there.
Thanks. I'll have to check my trusty NBA2K12 on xbox for salaries!
Old 07-15-13, 03:46 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Splitter's already been signed.
He can't be traded until December.
Old 07-15-13, 03:48 PM
SR Team Goof

If the Wizards and Spurs S&T for Blair were to come to fruition, another player the Spurs might consider might be Chris Singleton, 6'8" (7'1" wingspan) who came out of Florida State early a year ago where he was the ACC Defensive Player of the year for the 2 years he was in college. For the minutes he has played per game for the Wizards, he hasn't scored that much but if we want someone who can play defense coming in, he might be the one player from Washington we look at a little closer.
Old 07-15-13, 03:54 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
Splitter's already been signed. He can't be traded until December.
After going back and reviewing the Suns' situation, didn't Alex Len, the Suns #1 draft pick, just have ankle or knee surgery and would be out 4-6 months rehab which would make a trade of Gortat to anyone, somewhat senseless, in my mind at least.
Old 07-15-13, 04:41 PM
SpursReport Team Member

just curious but how many S&T's can one team do? Is there a limit to 1 or can there be more then 1?
Old 07-15-13, 04:52 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDAMAGE View Post
just curious but how many S&T's can one team do? Is there a limit to 1 or can there be more then 1?
I think a team can S&T as many free agents as it has available.
Old 07-15-13, 04:56 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
Thanks. I'll have to check my trusty NBA2K12 on xbox for salaries!
Google hoopshype salaries and the team name.
Old 07-15-13, 07:47 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I would take Van...... but agree with b1gdon as soon as the title includes Bleacher report I read it for funsies rather than info.

They corral info and videos well so you don't have to go looking, they aren't as good at producing viable info though.
Old 07-17-13, 02:06 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdon View Post
"Bleacher report saying" is all you really need to know.
Amen to that!