News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-11-13, 05:37 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Ak47 to Brooklyn for Mini Mid Level

3.1 Million...

I'm sick to my stomach...
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-11-13, 05:40 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Crap.

I just don't get it. How could we not sign him for that? I guess it comes down to he just wanted to be in Brooklyn. That's the only possible explanation. We have the biannual exception available, which is slightly less but not much. It really does make you sick to your stomach.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-11-13, 05:44 PM
SR Team Goof

Rat farts!! I was sure the Spurs were working a backdoor deal to get AK47 here. Oh well, easy come, easy go. Brooklyn is going to be way over the luxury tax limit for next year. Big ducats.
Old 07-11-13, 05:45 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

Russian owner.
Old 07-11-13, 05:48 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Kirilenko and Prokhorov are friends. That's about the only explanation. No way did the Spurs sign Belinelli if there was any chance that AK signs with us for the same price.
Old 07-11-13, 05:52 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

Or Prokhorov has "influence" in Russia where he has family if you know what I mean.
Old 07-11-13, 05:56 PM

I didn't even think of the Russian connection. That is huge. Ak47 will probably retire a billionaire.
Old 07-11-13, 06:03 PM
SR Team Goof

Oh yeah, close to Brighton Beach and the Russian community. He'll be right at home.
Old 07-11-13, 06:12 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I'm sick with this! Nets are gonna MUCH better in the east. Definitely challenging the heat

- Confucius
Old 07-11-13, 06:21 PM
SpursReport Team Member

His 2 year contract for $6M is less than the 1 year $10M player option he just turned down.
Old 07-11-13, 06:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Assuredly something's going on behind the scenes.

- Confucius
Old 07-11-13, 06:27 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Yeah, there's gotta be some backroom dealings on this one with Prokhorov...no doubt.
Old 07-11-13, 06:43 PM
Herman Cain of the board

He didn't come out ahead. He left 10 million on the table for one year. That's good money for someone drafted in 1999.
Old 07-11-13, 06:46 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
He didn't come out ahead. He left 10 million on the table for one year. That's good money for someone drafted in 1999.
He's coming our ok don't worry for a sec. He's getting taken care of by BiG P

- Confucius
Old 07-11-13, 06:58 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Its looking more to me like Diaw backs up the SF spot and Pendegraph gets worked into the PF slot sometime by the end of the regular season. Baynes might even see minutes at center.
Old 07-11-13, 07:39 PM
SpursReport Team Member

WTF!
Old 07-11-13, 10:00 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

im sure they made plenty of attempts to give him this deal and others.... no one wants to come to san antonio.
Old 07-11-13, 10:08 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Belinelli does!
Old 07-11-13, 10:20 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

This is gonna be a huge problem in the next couple years...

Next year we have alot of money coming off with Bonner/Diaw/Nando/Patty and we prob can add a nice player...

But it really seems no one wants to come here...what a shame...
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Old 07-11-13, 10:38 PM

Wouldn't shock me if his flirting with sa was just a smokescreen to avoid a tampering inquiry with prokorov.
Old 07-12-13, 01:38 AM
SpursReport Team Member

It's obvious that some other money transfers will be done in Russian accounts.
Old 07-12-13, 07:19 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuncaboylu View Post
It's obvious that some other money transfers will be done in Russian accounts.
Old 07-12-13, 10:56 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
I'm sick with this! Nets are gonna MUCH better in the east. Definitely challenging the heat
I dunno, there's a lot of changes that will have to coalesce really quickly. Aging stars, rookie coach. I don't think any of these moves will put them past the Heat, Pacers, or Bulls. I'm thinking a 4/5 seed and the NBA gets to drool over a Knicks-Nets playoff series.
Old 07-12-13, 11:38 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyner View Post
I dunno, there's a lot of changes that will have to coalesce really quickly. Aging stars, rookie coach. I don't think any of these moves will put them past the Heat, Pacers, or Bulls. I'm thinking a 4/5 seed and the NBA gets to drool over a Knicks-Nets playoff series.
Nets were a 4/5 THIS year. No way they stay there. Knicks will fall back and nets will either be 1-3 IMO

- Confucius
Old 07-12-13, 01:39 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
Nets were a 4/5 THIS year. No way they stay there. Knicks will fall back and nets will either be 1-3 IMO
Apparently I brainfarted on half the Nets' roster. Starting lineup of Deron, Johnson, Pierce, Garnett, and Lopez, with Blatche, Terry, Evans, Kirilenko, and Livingston off the bench? Yeah, the Heat should be worried. Their entire starting lineup has been to the All-Star game in the past two years. I don't think that's ever happened.

I still can't help but think that if the Nets knew the roster they'd have this season, they never would've hired Kidd as their coach. You've got an all-world lineup there, you don't hand them to a rookie coach. That lineup could've lured Phil Jackson out of retirement, I bet.
Old 07-12-13, 02:04 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyner View Post
.......I still can't help but think that if the Nets knew the roster they'd have this season, they never would've hired Kidd as their coach. You've got an all-world lineup there, you don't hand them to a rookie coach. That lineup could've lured Phil Jackson out of retirement, I bet.
Joyner, I have to agree, with a lineup and bench like this, plus the money involved with assembling this group for a title run, having a rookie coach at the helm is playing the game a little risky. However, Kidd does have Lawrence Frank as his 'right hand man' to assist but ultimately, he's the coach and answerable to management for the results. This summer league game and the team's summer league record doesn't help his start any. Bad press, if anything. --- alh1020

Coach Jason Kidd took phone call during Summer League game

It’s Summer League, things are casual.

Although, not usually “coach will take a phone call during the game” casual.
But that’s what newly minted Brooklyn Nets coach Jason Kidd did on Thursday. He’s coaching Summer League and walked out to take a call while his team was down 17-2. To be fair, we don’t know who the call was from — an important call from a family member, a call with a Russia country code which Kidd has learned he must take. Either way, it pretty much fits with how the Nets did in Orlando (winless).

Link to article: Coach Jason Kidd took phone call during Summer League game | ProBasketballTalk
Old 07-12-13, 02:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

In fairness, Kidd wasn't coaching at the time, either -- Eric Hughes was.