SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Dwight Howard wanted Kobe gone (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/120180-dwight-howard-wanted-kobe-gone.html)

Guapo 07-11-13 11:12 AM

Dwight Howard wanted Kobe gone
 
After reaching an impasse in negotiations with restricted free-agent guard Gerald Henderson, the Charlotte Bobcats are discussing sign-and-trade possibilities with multiple teams, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. Yahoo! Sports

The Lakers, almost from the moment Howard arrived in August 2012, had gone to great lengths to assure the 27-year-old that they saw him as the future face of the franchise and that the torch would be passed from Bryant to him in short order. But with Bryant saying publicly just a week before free agency that he was thinking of playing at least two or three more seasons, it was hard for Howard to envision when he would assume that role, sources said. "How can it be Kobe's team and Dwight's team?" one source said. "It was about the passing of the torch."

As an offshoot of those discussions, sources said, Howard's camp at one point asked the Lakers whether they were at least considering releasing Bryant through the league's amnesty provision, since Bryant's return date from Achilles tendon surgery remained in question. ESPN.com

silvernblackfan 07-11-13 12:27 PM

What a wiener, prima donna, pri*k, cry baby, and all the other synonyms that go with that. What next he wants harden out, so Houston can be his?

Mombear 07-11-13 12:31 PM

oooh it's gonna be fuuuuuuuuuuuun to watch Houston this coming season!!!

:roll :roll

Flipmode Master 07-11-13 01:02 PM

I don't believe that... sounds like a whole lot of speculation. If he really wanted to be the main man...staying LA would have been ideal. Kobe is hurt...seriously hurt (folks keep looking over that) he will be lucky to regain his form and he has two yrs TOPS as the leader of the Lakers...Dwight's contract would have been for 5 yrs. I just don't buy this idea, especially when he just signed to Houston with a younger version of Kobe-Type player...I said type lol.

b1gdon 07-11-13 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvernblackfan (Post 1303163)
What a wiener, prima donna, pri*k, cry baby, and all the other synonyms that go with that. What next he wants harden out, so Houston can be his?

You're talking about Kobe right?

David Robinson was the long time leader of the Spurs. Led them in scoring, won an MVP, and when a younger better player came at the point in his career when his body started breaking down and he couldn't singlehandedly carry his team to the promise land he gladly handed the reigns over to Tim Duncan. Duncan led the team in scoring, won a couple of MVPs, helped his predecessor win a couple championships after he couldn't win it all by himself anymore and when his body started breaking down and he couldn't singlehandedly carry his team to the promise land he gladly handed the reigns over to Tony Parker. Now Tony Parker leads the team in scoring, has come close to a couple of MVPs and almost helped his predecessor win a championship after he couldn't win it all by himself anymore. Oh, and all three of those guys took less money to help make sure his team had the talent it needed to compete at the highest level.

Now look at Kobe. He's run two hall of fame centers out of town with his insufferable ball hogging and underbussing of his teammates. He's the main reason that team is going to suck for a while. What a wiener, prima donna, pri*k, cry baby, and all the other synonyms that go with that. But let's blame Dwight Howard because it is all his fault.

Flipmode Master 07-11-13 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1gdon (Post 1303178)
You're talking about Kobe right?

David Robinson was the long time leader of the Spurs. Led them in scoring, won an MVP, and when a younger better player came at the point in his career when his body started breaking down and he couldn't singlehandedly carry his team to the promise land he gladly handed the reigns over to Tim Duncan. Duncan led the team in scoring, won a couple of MVPs, helped his predecessor win a couple championships after he couldn't win it all by himself anymore and when his body started breaking down and he couldn't singlehandedly carry his team to the promise land he gladly handed the reigns over to Tony Parker. Now Tony Parker leads the team in scoring, has come close to a couple of MVPs and almost helped his predecessor win a championship after he couldn't win it all by himself anymore. Oh, and all three of those guys took less money to help make sure his team had the talent it needed to compete at the highest level.

Now look at Kobe. He's run two hall of fame centers out of town with his insufferable ball hogging and underbussing of his teammates. He's the main reason that team is going to suck for a while. What a wiener, prima donna, pri*k, cry baby, and all the other synonyms that go with that. But let's blame Dwight Howard because it is all his fault.

Bravo:applause ...well said. My issue with Kobe wasn't that he was critical of Dwight Howard but the fact he was so PUBLICLY critical of him...I mean saying things to the media is no way preserve team chemistry...especially if the younger player has the ultimate option to leave.

joyner 07-11-13 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1gdon (Post 1303178)
You're talking about Kobe right?

David Robinson was the long time leader of the Spurs. Led them in scoring, won an MVP, and when a younger better player came at the point in his career when his body started breaking down and he couldn't singlehandedly carry his team to the promise land he gladly handed the reigns over to Tim Duncan. Duncan led the team in scoring, won a couple of MVPs, helped his predecessor win a couple championships after he couldn't win it all by himself anymore and when his body started breaking down and he couldn't singlehandedly carry his team to the promise land he gladly handed the reigns over to Tony Parker. Now Tony Parker leads the team in scoring, has come close to a couple of MVPs and almost helped his predecessor win a championship after he couldn't win it all by himself anymore. Oh, and all three of those guys took less money to help make sure his team had the talent it needed to compete at the highest level.

Now look at Kobe. He's run two hall of fame centers out of town with his insufferable ball hogging and underbussing of his teammates. He's the main reason that team is going to suck for a while. What a wiener, prima donna, pri*k, cry baby, and all the other synonyms that go with that. But let's blame Dwight Howard because it is all his fault.

I disagree with the insinuation that Bryant wasn't willing to hand over the reigns. Howard's just a prima donna that believes that he has to be the sole face of the franchise, and as long as Kobe was even present, he wouldn't consider the team his own. Yes, Robinson handed the reigns to Duncan, but Duncan accepted them. Howard wasn't going to accept the reigns so long as Kobe was still around. That's Howard's insecurity, not Kobe's selfishness.

Howard asked if the Lakers would amnesty Kobe. Do you think Duncan ever asked if the Spurs would cut or release Robinson? Of course not, because he wasn't so insecure about the presence of a former star player. Howard, though, is.

doom32x4 07-11-13 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1gdon (Post 1303178)
Now look at Kobe. He's run two hall of fame centers out of town with his insufferable ball hogging and underbussing of his teammates. He's the main reason that team is going to suck for a while. What a wiener, prima donna, pri*k, cry baby, and all the other synonyms that go with that. But let's blame Dwight Howard because it is all his fault.

The difference between Duncan and Robinson giving up their role as "the man" offensively and Bryant doing it with Howard is that Howard is a largely useless offensive player as a focal point, he's been in the league for 9 years and still doesn't have a freaking post move. Nobody knows what Kobe will do, he's a freak physically. Also, does nobody remember Howard mocking Kobe behind his back in the lockerroom? Who does that to a future Hall-of-Famer in his own clubhouse as the new guy? Howard has a history of talking bad about or mocking guys behind their backs(exhibit 1: Stan van Gundy). They're both to blame, but the Lakers are Kobe's house, he's somewhere between the 2nd or 4th best Laker ever depending on how you rank West and Kareem (in Lakers uniform, Wilt was not a better Laker than Kobe, Kareem may have been).


BTW- I loathe Kobe, but I respect him as a player immensely.

b1gdon 07-11-13 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doom32x4 (Post 1303186)
The difference between Duncan and Robinson giving up their role as "the man" offensively and Bryant doing it with Howard is that Howard is a largely useless offensive player as a focal point, he's been in the league for 9 years and still doesn't have a freaking post move. Nobody knows what Kobe will do, he's a freak physically. Also, does nobody remember Howard mocking Kobe behind his back in the lockerroom? Who does that to a future Hall-of-Famer in his own clubhouse as the new guy? Howard has a history of talking bad about or mocking guys behind their backs(exhibit 1: Stan van Gundy). They're both to blame, but the Lakers are Kobe's house, he's somewhere between the 2nd or 4th best Laker ever depending on how you rank West and Kareem (in Lakers uniform, Wilt was not a better Laker than Kobe, Kareem may have been).


BTW- I loathe Kobe, but I respect him as a player immensely.

And I agree with you, I think both are to blame, but you won't see that thought come out of the four letter network anytime soon. I just blame Kobe more.

If only everyone in the world could unite in their loathing of Kobe Bryant, we'd have utopia.

joyner 07-11-13 05:25 PM

I think the article title sums it up succinctly. Howard wanted Kobe gone. Duncan never wanted Robinson gone. Parker doesn't want Duncan gone. Leonard won't want Parker gone. Draven Duncan won't want Leonard gone. And so on.

TimmyDthaWay2B 07-11-13 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyner (Post 1303192)
I think the article title sums it up succinctly. Howard wanted Kobe gone. Duncan never wanted Robinson gone. Parker doesn't want Duncan gone. Leonard won't want Parker gone. Draven Duncan won't want Leonard gone. And so on.

None of the following spurs players you mentioned would ever criticize a fellow teammate to the nation either... If Manu played for LA in the finals the way he did for SA, kobe would have definitely questioned Manus focus... Take your pick, it would have been something... Kobe is a Great player... But i think he is a ****ty teammate.

doom32x4 07-11-13 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B (Post 1303199)
None of the following spurs players you mentioned would ever criticize a fellow teammate to the nation either... If Manu played for LA in the finals the way he did for SA, kobe would have definitely questioned Manus focus... Take your pick, it would have been something... Kobe is a Great player... But i think he is a ****ty teammate.

Howard threw his entire Orlando team under the bus a few years ago. Then he bullied his way to LA and mocked the team leader behind his back to other players. That isn't mentioning his quitting during games 3 and 4 in LA this year...he intentionally fouled out of a closeout game at home. Howard deserved what he got from Kobe.

TimmyDthaWay2B 07-11-13 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doom32x4 (Post 1303204)
Howard threw his entire Orlando team under the bus a few years ago. Then he bullied his way to LA and mocked the team leader behind his back to other players. That isn't mentioning his quitting during games 3 and 4 in LA this year...he intentionally fouled out of a closeout game at home. Howard deserved what he got from Kobe.

They deserve each other...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0