News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-11-13, 11:50 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Greg Oden

Marc Stein Hearing: Dallas Mavs will get "legit consideration" from Greg Oden along with teams previously in his top three: Heat, Spurs and Cavs

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-11-13, 11:52 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Still a chance to land him. I personally don't want him here unless his contract is for vet min or a clause that says he won't get paid unless he plays.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-11-13, 12:16 PM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

I agree...has to be a vet salary but whats the deal with this guy...is he working out with teams? What his medical records look like? And whats taking him so long to make a decision? Somethjng smells fishy

I'm Batman's cousin
Old 07-11-13, 12:20 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmode Master View Post
I agree...has to be a vet salary but whats the deal with this guy...is he working out with teams? What his medical records look like? And whats taking him so long to make a decision? Somethjng smells fishy

Don't have answers for you but I agree with you. Probably just his Agent trying to throw other teams names out there to get someone to pay him some guaranteed money is what I'm thinking.
Old 07-11-13, 12:35 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

I hate to sound bitter....

But if he has a choice between Mia and SA, don't you think he would go to the Heat?

I don't know....Other the MB this offseason I have never seen and player go out of there way to come here if other really good teams in more desirable locations are offering them similar deals...

Hope I proved wrong but this is a factor for a long time with FA wanting to come here...
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Old 07-11-13, 01:15 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDAMAGE View Post
........... or a clause that says he won't get paid unless he plays.
Aaaaaaaaaaaah, the Andrew Bynum clause!
Old 07-11-13, 01:37 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

Word is that Oden's knees are healthier than Bynum. Bynum has a degenerative knee problem, it won't ever be great. Oden had microfractures in one and an overuse injury on the other from coming back too early. He took so much time off to fully heal up. Remember how injury prone Grant Hill was until he stopped trying to come back too soon? Microfracture surgery has advanced and he took his time. If he.could pull a Grant Hill style return at a younger age he may still make it.
Old 07-11-13, 01:58 PM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSPURS View Post

But if he has a choice between Mia and SA, don't you think he would go to the Heat?

I don't know....Other the MB this offseason I have never seen and player go out of there way to come here if other really good teams in more desirable locations are offering them similar deals...

Hope I proved wrong but this is a factor for a long time with FA wanting to come here...

If I were him and I'm trying to be unbias. I would go with the Spurs for a few reasons...You get to learn under Tim Duncan...two your expectations/minutes/role won't be nearly as physically stressing on the Spurs, and last and not least Popovich is a minute managing GURU...he has really got the rest thing down to a science. If I'm an injury prone center...thats where Im going.

I'm Batman's cousin
Old 07-11-13, 02:06 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
If I were him and I'm trying to be unbias. I would go with the Spurs for a few reasons...You get to learn under Tim Duncan...two your expectations/minutes/role won't be nearly as physically stressing on the Spurs, and last and not least Popovich is a minute managing GURU...he has really got the rest thing down to a science. If I'm an injury prone center...thats where Im going.
Exactly why he will be in a SPURS uni come training camp. I'd have a wet dream if we're delaying the official signing of our acquisitions in order to complete a s/t for AK-47

- Confucius
Old 07-11-13, 06:00 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Very good assessment. Yes, if I were a big and hoping to get my game back at a moderate pace, SA is the place to go. When the Spurs are home, Pop and his staff could work with him and if the Spurs go on a long road trip, Oden would be in Austin getting some valuable playing experience rather than sitting the bench. Watching and playing against the best power forward (who plays the post and lane) in basketball, some of Duncan tutelage would certainly rub off.
Old 07-11-13, 07:47 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom32x4 View Post
Word is that Oden's knees are healthier than Bynum. Bynum has a degenerative knee problem, it won't ever be great. Oden had microfractures in one and an overuse injury on the other from coming back too early. He took so much time off to fully heal up. Remember how injury prone Grant Hill was until he stopped trying to come back too soon? Microfracture surgery has advanced and he took his time. If he.could pull a Grant Hill style return at a younger age he may still make it.
I don't mean to be a party pooper but I think he had 3 microfracture surgeries two on one knee and one on the other. If the Spurs can work him out and he is good.........I would sign him. If he doesn't want to do a workout than I would pass. He could at least do an open workout for the teams. Low risk but high reward though.
Old 07-11-13, 08:15 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Aaaaaaaaaaaah, the Andrew Bynum clause!
I like that! A.B.C!
Old 07-12-13, 02:44 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSPURS View Post

Heat is playuing small-ball too much and that means only one spot in center position and Bosh gets it. And moreover, Miami is a team that doesn't use their center in most of their offensive schemes.

On the other hand Spurs is using center more than Miami in pick&rolls and ball movement. And Popovich uses more players than Spoelstra in rotation.

If he wants a ring he can choose Heat over us, otherwise we're front runner.
Old 07-12-13, 10:42 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuncaboylu View Post
Heat is playuing small-ball too much and that means only one spot in center position and Bosh gets it. And moreover, Miami is a team that doesn't use their center in most of their offensive schemes.

On the other hand Spurs is using center more than Miami in pick&rolls and ball movement. And Popovich uses more players than Spoelstra in rotation.

If he wants a ring he can choose Heat over us, otherwise we're front runner.
Don't you think they play small and don't use a Center in their offensive schemes because they don't have a Center. Signing Oden would eliminate that.
Old 07-12-13, 10:52 AM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

The heat just need a center to rebound, put back, and clog up the paint area.. exactly what anderson did so if oden wants to be that guy then he'll chose them. But if he's wanting touches he's not going to get very much after lebron wade and bosh gets theirs.
Old 07-12-13, 10:58 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by polk View Post
Don't you think they play small and don't use a Center in their offensive schemes because they don't have a Center. Signing Oden would eliminate that.
Honestly I don't think so. They're playing small-ball because Lebron's post-ups causing too much damages against the opponent. They want Oden for match-up against Indiana when they can not dictate small-ball. If they're going to face agaisnt us in finals, we will see same Miami line-up.
Old 07-12-13, 09:28 PM
SpursReport Team Member

We ll be there. The Heat won't.
Old 07-13-13, 12:40 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlate View Post
We ll be there. The Heat won't.
Bold statement! I hope you are right in we will be there alone! That would be nice.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 07-15-13, 01:20 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Eternal optimist. Pollyanna....
I want the season to start now
Old 07-15-13, 01:49 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Bynum is out of shape right now and still iffy health wise. I would have passed on him if I were the Cavs.
Old 07-15-13, 03:18 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I think we might just have the upper hand in the Oden race. He is known for being a very private person and there is no better place than SA to shun the spotlight.
Old 07-15-13, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdon View Post
I think we might just have the upper hand in the Oden race. He is known for being a very private person and there is no better place than SA to shun the spotlight.
Im kinda hoping we can get him. At this point theres really only positives if we can sign him for the vet min imo
How many open roster spots do we have left? I think were at 13 or 14 right?

I like what I have seen from Thomas in the summer league games so far so if we have 2 spots left I wouldnt mind them being given to thomas and oden. If we only have 1 then I would say we would be in a pickle unless the FO sees things differently.
Old 07-15-13, 03:44 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

And the answer is........... pickle.
Old 07-15-13, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
And the answer is........... pickle.
So im assuming that means we only have 14 spots then huh.. is that counting the qualifying offer for neal or no?
Old 07-15-13, 09:25 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesuspence281 View Post
So im assuming that means we only have 14 spots then huh.. is that counting the qualifying offer for neal or no?
1 Baynes 2 Belinelli 3 Bonner 4 De Colo 5 Diaw 6 Duncan 7 Ginobili 8 Green 9 Joseph 10 Leonard 11 Mills 12 Parker 13 Pendergraph 14 Splitter.

I don't know what becomes of Neil. Thomas is still on the Spurs radar for a contract. Maybe Oden is also but so far any talk of him is pure speculation and rumor.

Blair and McGrady are still listed on the Spurs roster but with no contracts.

Last edited by Spurd_On; 07-15-13 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-16-13, 06:42 PM
SR Team Goof

Chris Tomasson: Oden remains very interested in Heat but Conley wouldn’t go so far as to say are front runner. Others in mix include Spurs, Kings, Pelicans Twitter @christomasson

Sounds like Conley wants to keep Spurs, Kings and Pelicans on a leash in case Oden's decision comes down to $$$$$$ and who will speak the loudest with their checkbook.
Old 07-16-13, 07:02 PM
SR Team Goof

Heat re-open talks with Greg Oden’s agent

Kurt Helin, Jul 16, 2013, 6:37 PM EDT

If you want to know why the Heat amnestied Mike Miller and his $6.2 million salary, this could be a key piece of the puzzle.

The Miami Heat have re-opened talks to sign Greg Oden, reports Chris Tomasson of FoxSportsFlorida. The Heat have their taxpayers mid-level of $3.2 million, but being way over the luxury tax line ($87 million in salary before letting go of Miller) that would have been an expensive addition.

Now it’s more pitiable, but don’t expect a quick decision.

Chris Tomasson @christomasson
Greg Oden agent has resumed dealings w/ Pat Riley “We’ve texted back and forth’’ Conley said “I’ve also talked to Andy (Elisburg, cap expert

Chris Tomasson @christomasson
Greg Oden agent Mike Conley said likely will be few weeks before Oden picks a team Interested teams must continue to sift through medrecords

Oden is meeting with the New Orleans Pelicans this week, as they pitch him he chance to try and come back outside the spotlight that follows the two-time defending champions around.

The San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks also are both in the mix.

But if the Heat are serious and make a fair offer it would be hard for Oden to turn down. Miami offers a chance to win, a defined role (10-minutes a night off the bench) and all the other attractions of South Beach.

Related link: Report: Heat re-open talks with Greg Oden?s agent | ProBasketballTalk
Old 07-16-13, 08:03 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdon View Post
He showed his private though lol
Old 07-17-13, 04:23 PM

To me with the Pelicans 3m offer on the table or the chance to play with Lebron & Company in South Beach there is a 5% chance he signs with us...

Plus it seems every team on that lost gas made contact with Oden recently besides us..

He would have been a nice/exciting project if we could have got him..just don't see it happening after this much money & interest...usually when that's the case us "Spurs" lose out.

Throw in the fact we have to worry about a backup SF and whatever is going on with Neal and I put the 5% down to 2%....

Oden to the Spurs makes sense...but when push comes to shove he will choose another team and we have more needs at this point of the game...
Old 07-17-13, 07:15 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
He showed his private though lol
HEYYOOO!
Old 07-17-13, 07:21 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Wow!
Will brings up a man's privates.

The obsession...
Old 07-18-13, 07:15 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
Wow!
Will brings up a man's privates.

The obsession...
I didn't tell him to do it. You might want to remove that pic of him from your wallpaper though
Old 07-20-13, 09:14 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Come on Oden. Lets choose the spurs this upcoming week my man. Learn from the best in Timmay. Sign Mo Williams for the minimum and sign and trade for Ariza using Neal/Bonner and Blair and were set for greatness

- Confucius
Old 07-20-13, 10:59 AM
SR Team Goof

As I understand it, Oden has visited all the teams who have shown interest in signing him and he’s supposed to be stewing over which team wins the lottery. As much as I'd love to see him wearing the silver and black, for a guy who has been injury prone most of his NBA career and will not work out for any of his suitors, Oden is being far too dramatic and drawing this out too long. He might want to make his decision known soon because the summer leagues are over and teams want to move forward with their pre-season plans and fill their roster vacancies as best they can with the best talent that is still available before their competition grabs them first. Just hope Oden doesn’t call a press conference and TV coverage, i.e., ‘Lebron’s Decision’, to make his choice known.
Old 07-20-13, 02:04 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Oden needs to decide soon... Hope he decides on my Spurs who were 28 sec far from winning it all and were the best of the West and have such a Legendary HOF TD.
Old 07-20-13, 02:25 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
Oden needs to decide soon... Hope he decides on my Spurs who were 28 sec far from winning it all and were the best of the West and have such a Legendary HOF TD.
As I said in another thread, I think any Spurs FO decision on any trade is being held in abeyance til Oden makes up his mind where he’s going to sign. After that happens, I think the Spurs FO will unveil any other transactions they had sitting on the back burner.
Old 07-20-13, 04:33 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
As I said in another thread, I think any Spurs FO decision on any trade is being held in abeyance til Oden makes up his mind where he’s going to sign. After that happens, I think the Spurs FO will unveil any other transactions they had sitting on the back burner.
You are right about that.
Old 07-22-13, 03:39 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

David Aldridge: Greg Oden meetings with Pelicans, Kings possible this week, as he continues to gather info. Heat, Mavs, Spurs have already talked w/him

Twitter @daldridgetnt
Old 07-22-13, 09:40 AM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
David Aldridge: Greg Oden meetings with Pelicans, Kings possible this week, as he continues to gather info. Heat, Mavs, Spurs have already talked w/him Twitter @daldridgetnt
I had assumed that Oden had completed his visitation of all teams vying for his services.....I stand corrected. I guess we'll have to wait another week....or so.
Old 07-22-13, 10:15 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
I had assumed that Oden had completed his visitation of all teams vying for his services.....I stand corrected. I guess we'll have to wait another week....or so.
Fabulous haha

- Confucius
Old 07-22-13, 10:16 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

of the Oden talk - he's a trip to the emergency room waiting to happen.
Old 07-22-13, 11:48 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
of the Oden talk - he's a trip to the emergency room waiting to happen.
I'd rather have him versus Bynum. Plus Oden is not in the position to demand a ton of money. So should be a low risk possible high reward case.
Old 07-22-13, 03:04 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
I'd rather have him versus Bynum. Plus Oden is not in the position to demand a ton of money. So should be a low risk possible high reward case.
The way I see Oden is he's an updated version Ian Mahinmi when we had him. If he does come aboard with the Spurs and doesn't work out, we drop him like a hot rock and move on with very little financial loss. But if he does work out and progresses to his potential and stays injury free, which could be a fairy tale, the Spurs come out smelling like a rose with two bigs (Oden/Splitter) to go forward for a couple years into the post Duncan era. Again, if Oden comes aboard, it's a roll of the dice, for pocket change.
Old 07-22-13, 03:29 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
The way I see Oden is he's an updated version Ian Mahinmi when we had him. If he does come aboard with the Spurs and doesn't work out, we drop him like a hot rock and move on with very little financial loss. But if he does work out and progresses to his potential and stays injury free, which could be a fairy tale, the Spurs come out smelling like a rose with two bigs (Oden/Splitter) to go forward for a couple years into the post Duncan era. Again, if Oden comes aboard, it's a roll of the dice, for pocket change.
That's likely what all teams are thinking.
Old 07-22-13, 05:28 PM
SR Team Goof

Greg Oden to host three teams

Updated: July 22, 2013, 3:45 PM ET
By Jeff Goodman and Marc Stein | ESPN.com

Greg Oden will host three teams this week as the former No. 1 overall pick nears a decision on where he'll launch his NBA comeback, according to sources with knowledge of the free-agent center's plans.

Sources told ESPN.com on Monday that the Miami Heat, New Orleans Pelicans and Sacramento Kings will all send representatives this week to watch Oden work out in person.

Sources say that the San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks -- which had face-to-face meetings with Oden last week -- also remain in contention for the 7-footer's services. But the Heat and Spurs established themselves as the front-runners to land Oden last month and, according to one source close to the process, remain the co-favorites to sign him.

ESPN.com reported last week that the Cleveland Cavaliers also were in the mix prior to their signing of center Andrew Bynum.

The pursuit of Oden was accelerated last week in Las Vegas when the 25-year-old sat down with representatives from the Mavericks and Kings. A scheduled meeting with the Pelicans in Las Vegas, sources said, was in the process of being rescheduled for this week.

Oden has played just 82 career games in the NBA after being selected by Portland with the top overall pick in the 2007 draft. He hasn't appeared in an NBA game since Dec. 5, 2009, due to numerous knee problems and underwent his third microfracture knee surgery in February 2012.

Miami has actually been considered a leading contender for Oden for months after Heat president Pat Riley hosted him for a two-day visit earlier this year. That was even before Oden's comeback, through workouts back home in Indianapolis or at Ohio State, progressed to the serious stage it has reached now.

The Mavericks, sources say, continue to try to press for Oden even after last week's signing of Samuel Dalembert. The Mavs have pitched Dallas -- under the auspices of longtime Team USA trainer Casey Smith -- as the ideal launching pad for his comeback.

The Pelicans, sources said, are building their pitch around the fact going to New Orleans would enable Oden to make his comeback far away from the media glare and with no immediate pressure as he tries again to bounce back from the knee issues that have plagued him since college.

The presence of former Blazers assistant coach Monty Williams, who already knows Oden well, as the head man in New Orleans is seen as another element working in the Pelicans' favor, along with the fact their young core of players are all in Oden's age range.

Sources have maintained since last week that the Kings are long-shot contenders for Oden.

Story source: Greg Oden nearing decision, will host three teams, including Miami Heat, sources say - ESPN
Old 07-22-13, 05:57 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Looks like Monty Williams has the best hand to me.
Old 07-22-13, 07:31 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Spurs Nation

Report: Spurs ‘co-favorites’ as Oden nears decision
Posted on July 22, 2013 at 2:35 pm by Dan McCarney in featured, Greg Oden, Spurs

The Spurs are reportedly co-favorites to serve as the launching pad for Greg Oden's comeback.
Apparent Spurs target Greg Oden will host three teams this week as he nears a decision about where he’ll attempt to restart his injury-plagued career, according to ESPN.com.

The site reports that representatives from Miami, New Orleans and Sacramento will be on hand to watch Oden work out in person. The Spurs and Dallas had face-to-face meetings with Oden last week, ESPN reported. San Antonio and the Heat are characterized by a source as co-favorites to sign the top pick of the 2007 draft.

A variety of injuries limited Oden, 25, to just 82 games in five seasons before Portland waived him in March 2012. He averaged 9.4 points, 7.3 rebounds and 1.4 blocks in those contests with a 19.5 Player Efficiency Rating. His single season at Ohio State was also limited by a wrist injury.

His known surgical work includes three microfracture procedures (two left, one right), athroscopy on his right knee and a fractured left patella. He also reportedly needed injections in both knees last spring.

Not surprisingly, Oden hasn’t played in an NBA game since December 2009. He also told of his struggles with depression and alcohol during his stint in Portland in an interview not long after his release.

It’s impossible to know what Oden is capable of after struggling through so many issues. Recent Spurs draft pick Deshaun Thomas described him in May as looking “unbelievable” in informal workouts, but he didn’t elaborate on any basketball-specific work.
Old 07-22-13, 11:04 PM
SR Team Goof

Greg Oden Must Sign with Title Contender to Succeed in Comeback Bid

According to Jeff Goodman and Marc Stein of ESPN, free agent Greg Oden has cut his list down to five teams. The remaining contenders are Dallas Mavericks, Miami Heat, New Orleans Pelicans, Sacramento Kings and San Antonio Spurs.

In order to succeed in his comeback bid, Oden must sign with a legitimate title contender.

Goodman and Stein report that Oden will meet with the Heat, Kings and Pelicans this week. With that being said, the Heat and Spurs have been the front-runners to land Oden for over a month.

That hasn't changed.

Sources say that the San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks -- which had face-to-face meetings with Oden last week -- also remain in contention for the 7-footer's services. But the Heat and Spurs established themselves as the front-runners to land Oden last month and, according to one source close to the process, remain the co-favorites to sign him.

It certainly makes sense for that to be the case.

Of the five remaining teams, only the Heat and Spurs are legitimate championship contenders as we approach the 2013-14 NBA season. Not only do they present Oden with an opportunity to join a winning culture, but they pair that with something of extreme importance.

Veteran leadership.

Making the Case for Miami

The Heat are the two-time defending NBA champions, boasting a legendary cast of future Hall of Fame players in Ray Allen, Chris Bosh, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. Even with Chris Andersen providing invaluable energy, however, Miami is without a franchise center.

Where better for Oden to ease into a comeback than on a team that will not require him to do much other than provide the fundamental functions of a two-way big man?

Miami's absence of an interior enforcer was exposed against the Indiana Pacers, as Roy Hibbert dominated them during the Eastern Conference Finals. In turn, a team without a superstar in their prime nearly took down the mighty Heat.

Adding Oden can go a long way towards preventing that from happening again.

If nothing else, Oden will provide a bigger body down low than Miami currently possesses, as he stands at 7'0" and 285 pounds. For those interested, the heaviest player on the Heat is LeBron James at 6'8" and 250 pounds.

Consider this a need.

For Oden, he would be able to play limited minutes on a Heat team that will be the leading title contender with or without him. While some might question why he'd want to enter such a high-profile environment, Oden would have the luxury of playing on a team without significantly more controversy than a comeback attempt.

Winning games, playing in a warm environment—anyone with a history of knee issues will tell you the importance of weather—and playing alongside champions is an intriguing offer.

Making the Case for San Antonio

The Spurs are fresh off of a season in which they were a Ray Allen three-point field goal away from winning the NBA championship.

During the offseason, the Spurs proceeded to lock up the lone youth they have in their frontcourt by giving Tiago Splitter a four-year deal.

Even still, the Spurs would be fooling themselves if they think they have a center of the future.

Splitter is proficient at running the pick-and-roll and has made tremendous strides as a defender, both out of the post and off of high screens. With that being said, Splitter is far from a rim protector and doesn't provide the Spurs with the power that has become the counter to small ball.

Oden can be the low-risk acquisition that potentially provides San Antonio with the physical, big body that they need.

In Oden's case, the Spurs would offer him the opportunity to run a diverse offensive game with an emphasis on defense. While no one can teach good health, the Spurs have the one individual that is the poster child for sustainability and longevity in the NBA.

Tim Duncan.

The Final Edge

Oden's comeback is not about winning immediately. Instead it's about finding a way to maintain good health and thus restart his NBA career. While Miami wouldn't prevent that from happening, the Spurs are the perfect organization to facilitate a return.

With Duncan still dominating at 37, there isn't another individual in the NBA who is better to mentor Oden.

Oden is a powerful player that, even on his worst days, can alter shots and crash the defensive glass. The Spurs may be a strong defensive team, but they lacked a rim protector when Duncan came off of the floor, which explains targeting Oden.

In the end, it's not about playing time or publicity—it's about finding a title contending team with the veterans who can facilitate his return.

The Heat would likely give Oden the most realistic opportunity to win an NBA championship during the 2013-14 season. They're the class of the NBA, have the best player in the world as their leader and their competition is either too old to compete athletically or yet to enter their prime.

Even still, the best bet for Oden is to sign with the Spurs.

Link to story: Greg Oden Must Sign with Title Contender to Succeed in Comeback Bid | Bleacher Report
Old 07-23-13, 01:12 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Greg Oden is not a flashy guy and SA and the staff are more low key. Greg Oden is actually a good kid with bad luck. He fits the Spurs mold more than Miami. Aside from his pic scandal......He actually has a good head on his shoulders. I hope they can sign him for the right money.
Old 07-23-13, 11:03 AM

Deadspin reporting that it's down to Spurs & Heat and the Pelicans are out ..

Wonder what # he will where in MIA! Lol