News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-31-13, 06:20 PM
SpursReport Team Member

It's like poker, so far, everyone has checked.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-01-13, 06:01 PM
SR Team Goof

Free-agent center Greg Oden will decide Friday where he will play next season, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.

Oden has met with the Miami Heat, New Orleans Pelicans, San Antonio Spurs, Sacramento Kings, Dallas Mavericks and Boston Celtics. He worked out for the Heat, Pelicans and Kings in his hometown of Indianapolis on July 23.

Oden was most intrigued by the Heat and the Pelicans, a league source said. The Celtics, who recently signed free agent Brazilian center Vitor Faverani, are no longer interested in adding Oden.

lINk: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--gr...164509076.html
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-01-13, 06:04 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Free-agent center Greg Oden will decide Friday where he will play next season..........
My question would be what would Greggie do if, after this long, drawn out dramatic wait that he and his agents have played out here, all the previously mentioned teams withdrew their interest in him?
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Old 08-01-13, 06:45 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Free-agent center Greg Oden will decide Friday where he will play next season, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.

Oden has met with the Miami Heat, New Orleans Pelicans, San Antonio Spurs, Sacramento Kings, Dallas Mavericks and Boston Celtics. He worked out for the Heat, Pelicans and Kings in his hometown of Indianapolis on July 23.

Oden was most intrigued by the Heat and the Pelicans, a league source said. The Celtics, who recently signed free agent Brazilian center Vitor Faverani, are no longer interested in adding Oden.

lINk: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--gr...164509076.html
Funny. He's most intrigued by the Heat and Pelicans, and last week it was down to the Spurs and Heat and the Pelicans were out.

We all have to assume he's going to the Heat and this is all just to make it look like he's seriously considering all his options.
Old 08-01-13, 07:31 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

He is going to the Pelicans... they won't expect much from him.

Old 08-01-13, 11:06 PM
SpursReport Rookie

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/95...friday-sources

By Jeff Goodman and Marc Stein | ESPN.com

Former No. 1 overall pick Greg Oden plans to choose his new team Friday, according to sources close to the situation.

Sources told ESPN.com that Oden, after showing off his skills for several teams over the past few weeks, has not yet ruled out any of the six teams chasing him but is most likely to select his destination from the trio of Miami, San Antonio and Dallas.

New Orleans, Sacramento and Atlanta are the other known suitors for Oden. One source close to the process said Thursday night that the Pelicans, from that group, are the only other team still "in the mix."

Every team from the final six but Dallas sent a representative to Indianapolis last week to watch Oden work out, with multiple witnesses telling ESPN.com later that Oden has noticeably slimmed down and is moving well more than a year removed from his last microfracture knee surgery.

Sources said all six of the teams in the Oden chase then presented offers early this week that not only detailed financial specifics but also each club's medical plans for overseeing the 25-year-old Oden's ongoing recovery from a multitude of knee problems.

Oden hasn't played in an NBA game since Dec. 5, 2009, and underwent his third career microfracture surgery as recently as February 2012. He was selected No. 1 overall by Portland in 2007 but has played in just 82 career NBA games thanks to injury woes. In 21 games in 2009-10, Oden averaged 11.1 points, 8.5 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per game before succumbing to injury again.

Sources said Cleveland, Boston and Memphis all expressed interest in Oden in addition to the six finalists, but those three teams declined to make a formal offer.

Miami long has been considered the favorite to land Oden by a number of rival teams because of the championship environment it offers and the fact that Heat president Pat Riley has been personally recruiting Oden since before the end of the 2012-13 regular season. Yet it remains to be seen whether Oden opts to join a team farther away from the spotlight to lessen the pressure as he makes his return.
Old 08-01-13, 11:11 PM
SpursReport Rookie

He's lost weight just like Duncan to take pressure off knees, Pop manages minutes better than any other coach, he could be the heir to the Robinson-Duncan dynasty.....he is going to sign with SA without a doubt!
Old 08-02-13, 12:45 AM
SpursReport Team Member

It's all BS cover up... He's going to the Heat. This has all been a sham...

Sig by Grego the Master Creator
Old 08-02-13, 01:19 AM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad1 View Post
.......Sources said all six of the teams in the Oden chase then presented offers early this week that not only detailed financial specifics but also each club's medical plans for overseeing the 25-year-old Oden's ongoing recovery from a multitude of knee problems.............
Looks to me like after being unemployed since Dec2009, Oden is looking for a team with the best medical plan to help him with his hospital bills and all of his other baggage.
Old 08-02-13, 08:03 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Pop probably gave him the Mcgrady speech...so he won't be coming here. If they get Greg, we get Mo.
Old 08-02-13, 10:30 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad1 View Post
He's lost weight just like Duncan to take pressure off knees, Pop manages minutes better than any other coach, he could be the heir to the Robinson-Duncan dynasty.....he is going to sign with SA without a doubt!
Good points and there is going to be more demands from him in Miami because he would have to play a bigger role for the Heat and he could learn from Duncan
Old 08-02-13, 02:45 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

He is going to South beach, huge SURPRISE there!https://twitter.com/OdenGreg/status/363320669552902144
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 08-02-13, 02:53 PM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
He is going to South beach, huge SURPRISE there!https://twitter.com/OdenGreg/status/363320669552902144
It says its an unofficial twitter account. Have you heard from any other sources? I havent seen anything yet but it wouldnt surprise me.
Old 08-02-13, 02:59 PM
SpursReport Team Member

He is going to the Heat unless the pelicans can give him more money IMO.
Old 08-02-13, 02:59 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesuspence281 View Post
It says its an unofficial twitter account. Have you heard from any other sources? I havent seen anything yet but it wouldnt surprise me.
It's unofficial! But this is what I expect him to say today anyways. Disregard here, just wait it out but I think he goes there personally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drcantgetright View Post
He is going to the Heat unless the pelicans can give him more money IMO.
I agree with you.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 08-02-13, 04:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy from Austin View Post
Good points and there is going to be more demands from him in Miami because he would have to play a bigger role for the Heat and he could learn from Duncan
I don't think he's the kid of guy that wants to learn from the greatest pf or just go to the championship team. Usually young guys don't want to learn, they just want to go wherever it's popular. The older and more seasoned you get, then you want to learn, ala Kobe, Amare', Lebron with Hakeem. Smart youngsters want to learn early, Hibbert.... Even Nene comes and works out with Duncan. Oden is just stalling and holding stuff up !
Old 08-02-13, 05:10 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Free-agent center Greg Oden will decide Friday where he will play next season, a league source told Yahoo! Sports................
I guess the league source or a source close to the situation might have been telling the truth that Oden’s decision would come Friday………………..however, they really didn’t say which Friday it would be. Yawn.
Old 08-02-13, 06:37 PM
SR Team Goof

Found this on HoopsHype rumor:

New Orleans, Sacramento and Atlanta are the other known suitors for Oden. One source close to the process said Thursday night that the Pelicans, from that group, are the only other team still "in the mix." ESPN.com
Old 08-02-13, 06:52 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

At this point I'm not sure that I want him.

Who am I kidding. I want him, but I'm tired of waiting on him.

And bottom line, I'm okay if we don't get him just so long as the heat don't get him.

He's not likely to stay healthy, but if he's healthy in the finals imagine Parker having to drive past lebron to get to the lane only to be met by oden and bosh. Not pretty.
Old 08-02-13, 07:11 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
At this point I'm not sure that I want him.

Who am I kidding. I want him, but I'm tired of waiting on him.

And bottom line, I'm okay if we don't get him just so long as the heat don't get him.

He's not likely to stay healthy, but if he's healthy in the finals imagine Parker having to drive past lebron to get to the lane only to be met by oden and bosh. Not pretty.
Sorry buddy, but he's going to the Heat. Come outside the Spurs box and choose the team you'd want to go to right this minutes? The Heat are more popular,2 times champs, Miami beaches, the best player and according to the league, the best shot to win it again. I'd love to have him and wish him away from the Heat, but not happening. Imagine if the Spurs had won the title.... They'd be the spot. He's got those horse blinders on.
Old 08-02-13, 08:00 PM
Herman Cain of the board

damn you Oden! lol
Old 08-02-13, 08:03 PM
SR Team Goof

He'll probably choose Miami because that's where the majority of senior citizens go to retire and Oden does look like a senior citizen.
Old 08-02-13, 08:13 PM
SR Team Goof

Report: Greg Oden to sign with Miami Heat

Greg Oden will be taking his talents to South Beach.

The oft-injured center has decided that the Miami Heat are the best fit for his comeback bid and, according to ESPN’s Marc Stein, the former top-overall pick will sign a two-year deal with the team. The Heat apparently hedged their bets, however, as the deal is worth the veteran’s minimum and gives Miami the option to opt out next summer if things don’t work out as planned.

The two-year veteran’s minimum deal likely has some incentives if Oden ends up being healthy and returning to form, but it was wise for the Heat to take on such a low risk considering Oden hasn’t played in the NBA since 2009 and has undergone multiple surgeries on both of his knees.

Oden will report to Miami on Monday to sign the two-year deal, thereby officially joining the reigning NBA champions and a team that also includes fellow former No. 1 overall pick LeBron James. The 7-foot center will have plenty of other talented players surrounding him as well, as he’ll have the option to work his way into a big man lineup that also includes James, Chris Bosh, Chris Andersen and Udonis Haslem, among others.

It was expected that Oden was going to sign with the Heat for quite awhile considering he’s a natural fit as a true big man and could thrive with the rest of their lineup, but some speculated that pressure might get to him considering the scrutiny Miami has been under since the Big Three joined forces. That apparently wasn’t a problem for the big man, however, and now he’ll attempt to show the world that he’s healthy enough for Miami to have a Big Four — or at least a big 5, as in the center position — instead of just the Big Three.

Link: Report: Greg Oden to sign with Miami Heat | ProBasketballTalk
Old 08-02-13, 08:17 PM
SR Team Goof

And that ends the longest pursuit I've ever seen for a player signing for the vets minimum. Of course, he's got a lot of upside if he stays healthy, time will tell. Good luck dude.

Now, what was the Spurs FO doing while this parade ran on and on? Any other transactions out there?
Old 08-02-13, 08:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
And that ends the longest pursuit I've ever seen for a player signing for the vets minimum. Of course, he's got a lot of upside if he stays healthy, time will tell. Good luck dude.

Now, what was the Spurs FO doing while this parade ran on and on? Any other transactions out there?
I say go for Mo Williams and see if you can snag a backup sf either through vet min or via trade

- Confucius
Old 08-02-13, 08:33 PM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
I say go for Mo Williams and see if you can snag a backup sf either through vet min or via trade
That's what I'm thinking but to get both we'd still need to open up another spot. At this point I'm thinking de colo would be the odd man out since it doesn't seem like bonner will ever be let go.
Old 08-03-13, 11:34 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I'm with Cojo, I think he will blossom this year.