SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Slim chance, but Gerald Henderson broke off talks to resign with Charlotte Hornets (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/120176-slim-chance-but-gerald-henderson-broke-off-talks-resign-charlotte-hornets.html)

TRUTH 07-10-13 11:47 PM

Slim chance, but Gerald Henderson broke off talks to resign with Charlotte Hornets

Just read that both camps aren't agreeing to terms for an extension. I don't think we have anything to offer Charlotte for RFA Gerald Henderson, but he would be dynamic with the Spurs. He is a multidimensional scorer (upgrade over Green at the 2 spot) and reminds me of a smaller Grant Hill. He could inject the Spurs offense with some much needed slashing and isolation play. Thoughts?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Zhs_cftxdFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ikv-3KoXW_U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

joyner 07-10-13 11:54 PM

We can't even dream of affording him. He's at 24 points per 48 minutes, top 60 in the league, higher than any Spur outside the Big 3. His qualifying offer with the Bobcats is $4.5M and he's looking for more, so it stands to reason he'll get $6M in free agency.

Bobcats are looking for a sign-and-trade, but for Henderson, the only reason to go with the sign-and-trade is if the "sign" part is to a contract he can't get in free agency, and that means a contract that's beyond our price range regardless of the assets we send their way. We don't want a largely untested Gerald Henderson to be our longest-term contract.

grizzly_bexar 07-11-13 10:31 AM

He is a pretty good player, but he has all the red flags. Slightly undersized for his position, big numbers on a bad team, significant improvement in contract year. And he is from duke..

Guapo 07-11-13 11:11 AM

After reaching an impasse in negotiations with restricted free-agent guard Gerald Henderson, the Charlotte Bobcats are discussing sign-and-trade possibilities with multiple teams, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Read more at HoopsHype - NBA Rumors

spurduncan21 07-11-13 01:06 PM

Highly doubtful, but good idea

TRUTH 07-11-13 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar (Post 1303147)
He is a pretty good player, but he has all the red flags. Slightly undersized for his position, big numbers on a bad team, significant improvement in contract year. And he is from duke..

I agree especially with the Duke point haha, but even with the red flags I think he would be a great piece to add. We all know that this is a longshot, but I just wanted to get some opinions.

choppsboy 07-11-13 05:44 PM

I think we should target 4 or 5 more guards for our team.

Maybe we can trade bonner, Bains, and Diaw for Henderson.

:sarcasm

TimmyDthaWay2B 07-11-13 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choppsboy (Post 1303196)
I think we should target 4 or 5 more guards for our team.

Maybe we can trade bonner, Bains, and Diaw for Henderson.

:sarcasm

3,936+ minutes of small ball in 2013-2014!