News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-13, 09:34 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

We could have had a perfect offseason...

The Spurs could have signed Manu/Tiago/Neal...

And give the MLE to AK47 and we would have been set...

Instead they gave contracts out to Pendergraph( do not understand) and Marco(love the guy) but if you where gonna sign Neal you don't need him....

Now AK47 looks from every account to have wanted to play for the Spurs but they have no-way to get him?

Why did we rush in and sign Pendergraph? Was he such a hot commodity like teams where lining up at his door July 1st?

A guys that might play 5 mpg if lucky might cost us a major upgrade....I'm getting a headache over this...
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-10-13, 09:38 PM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

Spurs need size...I think the Pendergraph move helps the depth upfront. SPurs were looking a little thin. Kirlenko would have been nice but the SPurs have a ton of SG that are capable of playing the back SF...sooooo I dont know its a huge loss if the Spurs dont get him.

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-10-13, 09:47 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

We were never getting AK without a trade, and a trade wouldn't be affected by Pendergraph. We didn't get AK because Minnesota wasn't willing to play ball, that's all.
Old 07-10-13, 10:00 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I don't get the ire here. Pendergraph had nothing to do with ak47 not coming. I'm not even sure we used part of the mid level on him. But ak47 was not coming for the mid level. He stories indicated he would be part of a sign and trade package with a salary of 8-9 million.
Old 07-10-13, 11:10 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyner View Post
We were never getting AK without a trade, and a trade wouldn't be affected by Pendergraph. We didn't get AK because Minnesota wasn't willing to play ball, that's all.
I agree with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
I don't get the ire here. Pendergraph had nothing to do with ak47 not coming. I'm not even sure we used part of the mid level on him. But ak47 was not coming for the mid level. He stories indicated he would be part of a sign and trade package with a salary of 8-9 million.
Correct.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 07-11-13, 12:10 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Having a SG play your back up SF is a recipe for disaster.
Old 07-11-13, 12:14 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spursin6 View Post
Having a SG play your back up SF is a recipe for disaster.
Small ball has found a lot of success in the NBA lately. I'm more concerned about the lack of a proven backup PG.
Old 07-11-13, 02:01 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Small ball has found a lot of success in the NBA lately. I'm more concerned about the lack of a proven backup PG.
At least one of Cory or Nando will take that spot I guess, both deserves a chance.

But a Jarrett Jack and Krilenko type players would help us. I hope that Belinelli can provide Jack effect and we can land on Krilenko somehow.
Old 07-11-13, 07:41 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

we can still have a perfect offseason if we get Oden and AK-47 (sign and trade). Oden looks to be the difficult one to nap only because Dallas is now looking into exactly that especially after missing out on Bynum. Go spurs go!!!

- Confucius
Old 07-11-13, 08:43 AM

Quote:
The 2 million Pendergraph got form us is 2 Million less we needed to get to 7-8 Million...so yea it did affect us...
Old 07-11-13, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
I think the full MLE multi year deal would have got AK47 here at this point....

There is no one out there that can give him 8-9 Million form there cap....if that does happen I will admit I was wrong...
Old 07-11-13, 09:28 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSPURS View Post

There is no one out there that can give him 8-9 Million form there cap....if that does happen I will admit I was wrong...
Ak-47 market is drying up. I hope a third team gets involved to take on salary to make a deal worthwhile for the wolves. I really hope we can acquire him

- Confucius
Old 07-11-13, 10:32 AM

Quote:

You may end up to where that's right. But the point is offering him the mid-level on day one of free agency wouldn't have done it, and we wouldn't have been able to snag those other two players. Then Gary Neal would have had us over a barrel.

And at least at the point of negotiations broke off, AK-47 wasn't willing to accept a deal at the mid-level salary range. The reason it broke off is because Minnesota wouldn't take back the 8-9 mil in contracts it would take to get him signed. So if he had been willing to play for half that, I doubt they would have objected.
Old 07-11-13, 10:17 PM

He wants 7-8 Million from us and is going to Brooklyn for 3.1 Million...

I'm lost....upset...and just want the season to start already...lol

I guess just sign Neal and hopefully....Hopefully grab a good player at the trade deadline...
Old 07-11-13, 10:39 PM

We should resign Neal and then trade him when something becomes available.
Old 07-12-13, 01:36 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
He wants 7-8 Million from us and is going to Brooklyn for 3.1 Million...

I'm lost....upset...and just want the season to start already...lol

I guess just sign Neal and hopefully....Hopefully grab a good player at the trade deadline...
He's gonna get some other money from Russian bank accounts. I don't believe that a guy ops out from 10M to sign a long-term contract and sign 1 year 3M contract elsewhere.

No logic here.