SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   We could have had a perfect offseason... (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/120175-we-could-have-had-perfect-offseason.html)

ALSPURS 07-10-13 09:34 PM

We could have had a perfect offseason...
 
The Spurs could have signed Manu/Tiago/Neal...

And give the MLE to AK47 and we would have been set...

Instead they gave contracts out to Pendergraph( do not understand) and Marco(love the guy) but if you where gonna sign Neal you don't need him....

Now AK47 looks from every account to have wanted to play for the Spurs but they have no-way to get him?

Why did we rush in and sign Pendergraph? Was he such a hot commodity like teams where lining up at his door July 1st?

A guys that might play 5 mpg if lucky might cost us a major upgrade....I'm getting a headache over this...

Flipmode Master 07-10-13 09:38 PM

Spurs need size...I think the Pendergraph move helps the depth upfront. SPurs were looking a little thin. Kirlenko would have been nice but the SPurs have a ton of SG that are capable of playing the back SF...sooooo I dont know its a huge loss if the Spurs dont get him.

joyner 07-10-13 09:47 PM

We were never getting AK without a trade, and a trade wouldn't be affected by Pendergraph. We didn't get AK because Minnesota wasn't willing to play ball, that's all.

grizzly_bexar 07-10-13 10:00 PM

I don't get the ire here. Pendergraph had nothing to do with ak47 not coming. I'm not even sure we used part of the mid level on him. But ak47 was not coming for the mid level. He stories indicated he would be part of a sign and trade package with a salary of 8-9 million.

Rzarector7 07-10-13 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyner (Post 1303117)
We were never getting AK without a trade, and a trade wouldn't be affected by Pendergraph. We didn't get AK because Minnesota wasn't willing to play ball, that's all.

I agree with you.
Quote:

Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar (Post 1303118)
I don't get the ire here. Pendergraph had nothing to do with ak47 not coming. I'm not even sure we used part of the mid level on him. But ak47 was not coming for the mid level. He stories indicated he would be part of a sign and trade package with a salary of 8-9 million.

Correct.

Spursin6 07-11-13 12:10 AM

Having a SG play your back up SF is a recipe for disaster.

joyner 07-11-13 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spursin6 (Post 1303122)
Having a SG play your back up SF is a recipe for disaster.

Small ball has found a lot of success in the NBA lately. I'm more concerned about the lack of a proven backup PG.

tuncaboylu 07-11-13 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyner (Post 1303123)
Small ball has found a lot of success in the NBA lately. I'm more concerned about the lack of a proven backup PG.

At least one of Cory or Nando will take that spot I guess, both deserves a chance.

But a Jarrett Jack and Krilenko type players would help us. I hope that Belinelli can provide Jack effect and we can land on Krilenko somehow.

spurduncan21 07-11-13 07:41 AM

we can still have a perfect offseason if we get Oden and AK-47 (sign and trade). Oden looks to be the difficult one to nap only because Dallas is now looking into exactly that especially after missing out on Bynum. Go spurs go!!!

ALSPURS 07-11-13 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyner (Post 1303117)
We were never getting AK without a trade, and a trade wouldn't be affected by Pendergraph. We didn't get AK because Minnesota wasn't willing to play ball, that's all.

The 2 million Pendergraph got form us is 2 Million less we needed to get to 7-8 Million...so yea it did affect us...

ALSPURS 07-11-13 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar (Post 1303118)
I don't get the ire here. Pendergraph had nothing to do with ak47 not coming. I'm not even sure we used part of the mid level on him. But ak47 was not coming for the mid level. He stories indicated he would be part of a sign and trade package with a salary of 8-9 million.

I think the full MLE multi year deal would have got AK47 here at this point....

There is no one out there that can give him 8-9 Million form there cap....if that does happen I will admit I was wrong...

spurduncan21 07-11-13 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALSPURS (Post 1303138)
I think the full MLE multi year deal would have got AK47 here at this point....

There is no one out there that can give him 8-9 Million form there cap....if that does happen I will admit I was wrong...

Ak-47 market is drying up. I hope a third team gets involved to take on salary to make a deal worthwhile for the wolves. I really hope we can acquire him

grizzly_bexar 07-11-13 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALSPURS (Post 1303138)
I think the full MLE multi year deal would have got AK47 here at this point....

There is no one out there that can give him 8-9 Million form there cap....if that does happen I will admit I was wrong...

You may end up to where that's right. But the point is offering him the mid-level on day one of free agency wouldn't have done it, and we wouldn't have been able to snag those other two players. Then Gary Neal would have had us over a barrel.

And at least at the point of negotiations broke off, AK-47 wasn't willing to accept a deal at the mid-level salary range. The reason it broke off is because Minnesota wouldn't take back the 8-9 mil in contracts it would take to get him signed. So if he had been willing to play for half that, I doubt they would have objected.

ALSPURS 07-11-13 10:17 PM

He wants 7-8 Million from us and is going to Brooklyn for 3.1 Million...

I'm lost....upset...and just want the season to start already...lol

I guess just sign Neal and hopefully....Hopefully grab a good player at the trade deadline...

grizzly_bexar 07-11-13 10:39 PM

We should resign Neal and then trade him when something becomes available.

tuncaboylu 07-12-13 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALSPURS (Post 1303233)
He wants 7-8 Million from us and is going to Brooklyn for 3.1 Million...

I'm lost....upset...and just want the season to start already...lol

I guess just sign Neal and hopefully....Hopefully grab a good player at the trade deadline...

He's gonna get some other money from Russian bank accounts. I don't believe that a guy ops out from 10M to sign a long-term contract and sign 1 year 3M contract elsewhere.

No logic here.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0