News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-09-13, 10:49 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

New cap is set.

So how does this help or hurt us, number guys?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-09-13, 11:09 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

$58.679 million for anyone wondering about the number.

It's about what we expected. We're over the cap but under the tax. We've got the MLE and nothing more.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-09-13, 11:14 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

That's not a bad spot to be in relative to the rest of the League. At least the Spurs know exactly what they have as a team and coaching staff to work with plus the MLE. Not many teams can say that.
Old 07-09-13, 11:20 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
That's not a bad spot to be in relative to the rest of the League. At least the Spurs know exactly what they have as a team and coaching staff to work with plus the MLE. Not many teams can say that.
I think the MLE is already gone once Belinelli and Pendergraph are signed unless they change around the team structure via trade.
Old 07-09-13, 11:24 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom32x4 View Post
I think the MLE is already gone once Belinelli and Pendergraph are signed unless they change around the team structure via trade.
I guess we'll find out the mechanics of what the new salaries are tomorrow for the new signees and whether the MLE was actually used.
Old 07-09-13, 11:27 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
Sorry, I wasn't specific enough. I meant we have the MLE given that we can't technically sign Belinelli and Pendergraph until tomorrow. MLE's $5.2 million, Belinelli's 2 years/$6M, Pendergraph's 2 years/$4M, so the MLE's gone after those signings.

Not sure how Neal's potential acceptance of his QO affects things, Katy can clarify -- she knows far more about the cap than I.
Old 07-09-13, 11:32 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyner View Post
Sorry, I wasn't specific enough. I meant we have the MLE given that we can't technically sign Belinelli and Pendergraph until tomorrow. MLE's $5.2 million, Belinelli's 2 years/$6M, Pendergraph's 2 years/$4M, so the MLE's gone after those signings.

Not sure how Neal's potential acceptance of his QO affects things, Katy can clarify -- she knows far more about the cap than I.
Spurs have Neal's bird rights I believe, that would mean we could sign him to go over cap. I don't think it will effect their MLE status.
Old 07-10-13, 07:42 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyner View Post

As Doom said, Spurs can go over the cap to sign their own free agents (when they have the Bird rights).

Thanks for the kind words.

By he way, Katy is a city just west of Houston.
I'm a dude
Old 07-10-13, 10:35 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
As Doom said, Spurs can go over the cap to sign their own free agents (when they have the Bird rights).

I'm a dude
Baha, sorry about that.
Old 07-10-13, 05:21 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:

I'm a dude
Yes sorry again about the inappropriate PM mate....
Old 07-10-13, 05:32 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

No harm no foul to all.
It's not that big a deal on the interwebs.

Really, it does nothing more than make me smile. I've got no sexual paranoia hangups.

Last edited by katyspursfan; 07-10-13 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-10-13, 07:07 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
No harm no foul to all.
It's not that big a deal on the interwebs.

Really, it does nothing more than make me smile. I've got no sexual paranoia hangups.