SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   New cap is set. (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/120167-new-cap-set.html)

MRJONESIII 07-09-13 10:49 PM

New cap is set.

So how does this help or hurt us, number guys?

joyner 07-09-13 11:09 PM

$58.679 million for anyone wondering about the number.

It's about what we expected. We're over the cap but under the tax. We've got the MLE and nothing more.

Spurd_On 07-09-13 11:14 PM

That's not a bad spot to be in relative to the rest of the League. At least the Spurs know exactly what they have as a team and coaching staff to work with plus the MLE. Not many teams can say that.

doom32x4 07-09-13 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurd_On (Post 1303020)
That's not a bad spot to be in relative to the rest of the League. At least the Spurs know exactly what they have as a team and coaching staff to work with plus the MLE. Not many teams can say that.

I think the MLE is already gone once Belinelli and Pendergraph are signed unless they change around the team structure via trade.

alh1020 07-09-13 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doom32x4 (Post 1303022)
I think the MLE is already gone once Belinelli and Pendergraph are signed unless they change around the team structure via trade.

I guess we'll find out the mechanics of what the new salaries are tomorrow for the new signees and whether the MLE was actually used.

joyner 07-09-13 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurd_On (Post 1303020)

Sorry, I wasn't specific enough. I meant we have the MLE given that we can't technically sign Belinelli and Pendergraph until tomorrow. MLE's $5.2 million, Belinelli's 2 years/$6M, Pendergraph's 2 years/$4M, so the MLE's gone after those signings.

Not sure how Neal's potential acceptance of his QO affects things, Katy can clarify -- she knows far more about the cap than I.

doom32x4 07-09-13 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyner (Post 1303024)
Sorry, I wasn't specific enough. I meant we have the MLE given that we can't technically sign Belinelli and Pendergraph until tomorrow. MLE's $5.2 million, Belinelli's 2 years/$6M, Pendergraph's 2 years/$4M, so the MLE's gone after those signings.

Not sure how Neal's potential acceptance of his QO affects things, Katy can clarify -- she knows far more about the cap than I.

Spurs have Neal's bird rights I believe, that would mean we could sign him to go over cap. I don't think it will effect their MLE status.

katyspursfan 07-10-13 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyner (Post 1303024)

As Doom said, Spurs can go over the cap to sign their own free agents (when they have the Bird rights).

Thanks for the kind words.

By he way, Katy is a city just west of Houston.
I'm a dude :)

joyner 07-10-13 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katyspursfan (Post 1303051)
As Doom said, Spurs can go over the cap to sign their own free agents (when they have the Bird rights).

Baha, sorry about that.

Kager 07-10-13 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katyspursfan (Post 1303051)

Yes sorry again about the inappropriate PM mate....

katyspursfan 07-10-13 05:32 PM

No harm no foul to all.
It's not that big a deal on the interwebs.

Really, it does nothing more than make me smile. I've got no sexual paranoia hangups.

joyner 07-10-13 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katyspursfan (Post 1303104)
No harm no foul to all.
It's not that big a deal on the interwebs.

Really, it does nothing more than make me smile. I've got no sexual paranoia hangups.

:laugh