News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-08-13, 06:32 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Ron Ron Waved ~~~~~~~

I guess Dwight Howard doesn't have to worry about an elbow from Ron Ron: MVP MAGAZINE @MVP_247 11s

Metta World peace will be waived by the LA Lakers.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-08-13, 07:01 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Before this thing starts- No frckn way....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-08-13, 07:06 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabspur View Post

Old 07-08-13, 07:20 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Why not? If its between him and Kenyon Martin.
Old 07-08-13, 07:29 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Why does it have to be either of them? Again, no frckn way. To both of them for that matter.
Old 07-08-13, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Metta World Peace Reportedly Set to Be Amnestied by Los Angeles Lakers
By Tim Keeney -- (Featured Columnist) on July 8, 2013

The Los Angeles Lakers reportedly will use their amnesty clause on forward Metta World Peace.

Only four Lakers are eligible for the amnesty clause: Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Steve Blake and World Peace.

READ MORE HERE
Old 07-08-13, 07:52 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Knick, Clipper, Net......
Old 07-08-13, 07:59 PM
The Master Baiter

People want a backup SF and they don't want Artest? What do you expect to find?
Old 07-08-13, 08:14 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I WOULD TAKE HIM.
Old 07-08-13, 08:23 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Uh, anyone but one of the most disruptive players in the history of the league? Ronnie Brewer, Wesley Johnson, Mickael Gelbale, Sam Young, Charlie Villanueva to name a few affordable ones. As Pop once stated, we build with character, not characters.
Old 07-08-13, 08:39 PM
SR Team Goof

I wonder if the Rockets and James Harden would like to make a run for him.

"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Old 07-08-13, 08:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Uh, anyone but one of the most disruptive players in the history of the league? Ronnie Brewer, Wesley Johnson, Mickael Gelbale, Sam Young, Charlie Villanueva to name a few affordable ones. As Pop once stated, we build with character, not characters.
Part of me thinks he might be on his best behavior with his so called respect of Pop. And last year he showed he can perform well when needed especially from 3pt land. I do fear he will go somewhere like Mia or another fan favorite. Either way, for vet min, I think our team could handle him and be a nice backup to kawhi but its not something I am holding my breath for.

And sorry but all guys you mentioned except maybe Sam Young aren't worth checking out. Charlie V is def not a cheap option-14mill?
Old 07-08-13, 08:49 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Charlie V $14 million? His agent just bought you a Christmas present.
Old 07-08-13, 08:50 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

i actually can see MWP against MIAMI as small ball PF, with tim, kawhi, green, tony...
Old 07-08-13, 10:08 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Ehhhhhhhh not going to happen but I will say this, at times his shot selection is on par or worse than Neals from what I saw the last few years! THINK about that.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 07-08-13, 10:09 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
:applause Seconded, thirded, and fourth'd.
Old 07-08-13, 10:18 PM
Spartan Moderator

NO WAY!

Old 07-08-13, 10:42 PM
The Master Baiter

So let me get this straight. People here wished Stephen Jackson wasn't cut, who was cut for being a distraction, but don't want Artest, who has proven that he can behave for a championship team and hasn't caused any drama for at least 6 years?
Old 07-08-13, 10:48 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

Not gonna happen, it can't. Amnestied players go through an auction process that only under-the-cap teams can participate in. Might as well close this thread.
Old 07-08-13, 10:51 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Even if they wanted him here.........with what money?
Old 07-08-13, 11:08 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I sometimes wonder how much thought people put into posts here, seriously Ron Ron? The malice in the palace..... constantly talking dribble.... swinging elbows and whatever he can, and not to defend.

If anyone here thinks that Pop will even take a meeting with him they are kidding themselves, Pop has created the anti Ron Ron in culture. You don't add what you are against.

It doesn't matter what he can do on the court he will never get there.
Old 07-08-13, 11:27 PM
SpursReport Team Member

This would be a absolutely no brainer, sign him if we could, he has always has had nothing but good things to say about the spurs in his tweets, could you imagine having him and kawhi on the floor at the same time! Lock down.
Old 07-08-13, 11:48 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Yes to him. He can help us in small-ball, can be used to frustrate Durant and Lebron. He would be very nice pick.
Old 07-08-13, 11:53 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Even if they wanted him here.........with what money?
Maybe for a song and a dance........................
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Old 07-09-13, 01:13 AM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

Do you people read? IT'S NOT POSSIBLE UNDER THIS CBA! HE WILL BE GRABBED UP IN AUCTION...IN WHICH ONLY TEAMS UNDER THE CAP CAN PARTICIPATE IN!

Reminds me of Geoff Sheen on 760 today, he wasted a whole segment saying the Spurs should throw MLE at Bynum...even though Belinelli and Pendergraph will eat the whole thing up.
Old 07-09-13, 03:21 AM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom32x4 View Post
Do you people read? IT'S NOT POSSIBLE UNDER THIS CBA! HE WILL BE GRABBED UP IN AUCTION...IN WHICH ONLY TEAMS UNDER THE CAP CAN PARTICIPATE IN!

Reminds me of Geoff Sheen on 760 today, he wasted a whole segment saying the Spurs should throw MLE at Bynum...even though Belinelli and Pendergraph will eat the whole thing up.
Meh, no one thinks it will happen. I think the argument is whether they would if they could. And I would.
Old 07-09-13, 03:59 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:

Yes but do you remember Billups? He threated the teams under salary cap not to join auction to play in his own selection?

That's why, I think the same thing can happen for Artest too. And Artest can realize his threats as we know.

The more and most important, all the under salary teams are in tanking or re-building mode. None of that teams will accept a guy like Artest.

By the way I've a question. Let's assume that Utah joined auction and won it. After that can they trade him to another team? For example to Spurs in exchange of Patty Mills and a conditional draft pick?
Old 07-09-13, 06:45 AM
Spartan Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
...don't want Artest, who has proven that he can behave for a championship team and hasn't caused any drama for at least 6 years?
Yes.

Old 07-09-13, 01:47 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:

It's just not accurate to say it's not possible. What would be required that world peace slips through the auction process because nobody bids for him. I do not consider that to be likely, but it is not an impossible scenario given what others have said, as far as him not being a good fit for a young developing team.
Old 07-09-13, 03:21 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

I want him!!!
He'll fit great with a stable locker like ours!
I want the guy here, BAD!
[email protected]
Old 07-09-13, 10:35 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuncaboylu View Post
Yes but do you remember Billups? He threated the teams under salary cap not to join auction to play in his own selection?

That's why, I think the same thing can happen for Artest too. And Artest can realize his threats as we know.

The more and most important, all the under salary teams are in tanking or re-building mode. None of that teams will accept a guy like Artest.

By the way I've a question. Let's assume that Utah joined auction and won it. After that can they trade him to another team? For example to Spurs in exchange of Patty Mills and a conditional draft pick?
A player picked up off amnesty waivers cannot be traded for at least a year after being picked up, if I'm understanding the CBA correctly...
Old 07-09-13, 10:50 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

Quote:

You're right, but I'm pretty sure Billups had more influence than Artest Does now though.
Old 07-09-13, 11:19 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
It's just not accurate to say it's not possible. What would be required that world peace slips through the auction process because nobody bids for him. I do not consider that to be likely, but it is not an impossible scenario given what others have said, as far as him not being a good fit for a young developing team.
Does anybody know what the protocol is for bidding in this auction process or who bids first when a player is waived, ie., what team bids first, second, third, etc and what dictates that sequence? Does the same protocol which rules in the draft the same in this process, ie, lottery teams first then based on win/lost records aside from previous trades?
Old 07-09-13, 11:45 PM
SR Team Goof

Dad: World Peace 'prefers' Knicks, if cut by Lakers

Ron Artest Sr., Metta World Peace’s father, said his son’s preference is to remain with the Lakers, but if he is cut via the amnesty rule, he’d want to sign with either the Knicks or Nets.

A report stated the Lakers intended to waive Metta but subsequent reports state no decision has been made. And Kobe Bryant took to Twitter last night, saying the club should keep him and try to win a title with what they got.

The Knicks are in search of a defensive small forward off the free-agent market and World Peace, the Queensbridge product, would be seeking the $1.4 million veteran’s minimum.

“He wants to stay with the Lakers for a couple of more years but if not, he wants to finish his career in New York if he can,’’ said Artest Sr., who runs his own kids foundation out of New York. ”He prefers the Knicks but he wouldn’t turn down the Nets. He wanted to start his career with the Knicks. That didn’t happen. This would be full circle. ’’

In 1999, the Knicks infamously passed on the former Ron Artest with their first-round pick to select Frenchmen center Frederic Weis.

“The Knicks wouldn’t even have to pay him a lot,’’ Artest Sr. said. “Let’s hope and pray it happens.’’

The Lakers would save a bunch in salary and luxury tax. He’s making $7.7 million in his final season. The only concern with World Peace is his reputation as a powder keg. But the Knicks have struck out on most of their small-forward free-agent targets because they have so little to offer under CBA rules.

The Knicks and Nets would not get first crack at Metta. Teams under the cap would be eligible to bid on him first. However, a member of World Peace's foundation told ESPN NY he could “retire’’ if that occurred.

Link: Dad: World Peace 'prefers' Knicks, if cut by Lakers
Old 07-10-13, 01:18 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Dad: World Peace 'prefers' Knicks, if cut by Lakers

Ron Artest Sr., Metta World Peace’s father, said his son’s preference is to remain with the Lakers, but if he is cut via the amnesty rule, he’d want to sign with either the Knicks or Nets.

A report stated the Lakers intended to waive Metta but subsequent reports state no decision has been made. And Kobe Bryant took to Twitter last night, saying the club should keep him and try to win a title with what they got.

The Knicks are in search of a defensive small forward off the free-agent market and World Peace, the Queensbridge product, would be seeking the $1.4 million veteran’s minimum.

“He wants to stay with the Lakers for a couple of more years but if not, he wants to finish his career in New York if he can,’’ said Artest Sr., who runs his own kids foundation out of New York. ”He prefers the Knicks but he wouldn’t turn down the Nets. He wanted to start his career with the Knicks. That didn’t happen. This would be full circle. ’’

In 1999, the Knicks infamously passed on the former Ron Artest with their first-round pick to select Frenchmen center Frederic Weis.

“The Knicks wouldn’t even have to pay him a lot,’’ Artest Sr. said. “Let’s hope and pray it happens.’’

The Lakers would save a bunch in salary and luxury tax. He’s making $7.7 million in his final season. The only concern with World Peace is his reputation as a powder keg. But the Knicks have struck out on most of their small-forward free-agent targets because they have so little to offer under CBA rules.

The Knicks and Nets would not get first crack at Metta. Teams under the cap would be eligible to bid on him first. However, a member of World Peace's foundation told ESPN NY he could “retire’’ if that occurred.

Link: Dad: World Peace 'prefers' Knicks, if cut by Lakers
He threated with retirement as I thought, but not for us. He wants to go New York or Brooklyn. It's clear that he wants to live in a big city, so let's pass.
Old 07-10-13, 04:00 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Although a good fit to a certain extent, I do believe that we'd better off trying to tie up AK-47, but if not and Metta is still available, I say do it. Metta loves Pop and Timmay so I seriously think he'd consider us more than he;s putting out there.

- Confucius
Old 07-10-13, 09:01 AM
SpursReport Rookie

There, its settled. He's a perfect fit for the Knicks. He and JR Smith can implode any playoff series they get in to.
Old 07-10-13, 09:38 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Call me crazy but I'd would prefer MWP over AK 47
Old 07-10-13, 10:48 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Ok. Your crazy. Sorry, it was a softball I couldn't lay off
Old 07-10-13, 11:16 AM
Spartan Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvernblackfan View Post
OK - You're crazy.

Old 07-10-13, 11:27 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Yeah youre a tad bit crazy haha

- Confucius
Old 07-10-13, 12:46 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Ok. Your crazy. Sorry, it was a softball I couldn't lay off
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robofuzz View Post
OK - You're crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
Yeah youre a tad bit crazy haha
Ok, ok I get it. Hear me out though, besides all the craziness that he's done, the man has skills, skills I believe the team could use well. He can post it up on virtually anyone in the sf spot, he can drive or muscle his way to the hoop, he can shoot the three ball, in other words pretty much create his own shot. His strength and speed for his size can allow him to guard 2 or 3 positions, to me is what the spurs needed, he rebounds around and out muscles the big guys in the paint. The two main guys guarding lbj in the finals were Kawhi and Diaw, he's faster than Boris and stronger than Kawhi. So all those post ups lbj did in the end IMO wouldn't have been so easy for him. Imagine him and Kawhi on the floor at the same time Kawhi guarding Westbrook and MWP there to disturb Durant, I think would be awesome, his presence IMO would put us back up to top of the league on defense. I just feel that everyone lets all the crazy stuff that has happened in the past gets in the way of what the man can do on the court, and I feel that pop would lay down the law to keep him somewhat sane, just my opinion
Old 07-10-13, 12:48 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Oh and the fact that AK47 has played a complete season in how long? He has his good things as well don't get me wrong, I would like him as well but of the two I like MWP
Old 07-10-13, 02:19 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

Quote:
He threated with retirement as I thought, but not for us. He wants to go New York or Brooklyn. It's clear that he wants to live in a big city, so let's pass.
Not quite true. He's from NYC, that's why he wants to play there. It's home for him.
Old 07-10-13, 03:07 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:

Nope, ur spot on I agree with you. MWP is a better defender and would be perfect coming off the bench behind Kawhi.

AK47 breaks so much he makes Manu look like the ironman :drummer

I like them both but I'd take MWP over AK47 anyday
Old 07-10-13, 04:05 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Just for clarification, Ron Ron played 7 more games last year than AK47. But, over their 13 and 10 year careers, AK47 has averaged more games played. Their career points per game are 14 for Artest vs 12.5 for AK47, but both averaged about 12.5 last year. And, AK47 has higher rebound, assist, steal, and block averages. Also, Ak47's career fg % is around 47%, vs around 41% for Artest. Kirilenko is more versatile, and a much better team mate, and can defend multiple positions. He is much bigger and longer than you think, and a year younger. Ak47 can put the ball on the floor too, where Artest is more of a spot up, post up player. Not something we need in our system right now. Probably mute either way, but I'd much rather have Kirilenko.
Old 07-10-13, 04:33 PM
SpursReport Team Member

You can't go by averages on that cause MWP had the year after palace brawl, either way IMO I would rather have MWP, like I said I like AK would be fine with either, but in the end it ain't my call anyway
Old 07-10-13, 05:00 PM
SpursReport Rookie

In the end, I think we are out of luck with both players. And yes, the brawl skewed Artests # of games played that year. But, that's who he is. Why shouldnt it factor in? a swlf inflicted wpund hurt his team more than an injury. Now, he probably wouldn't head into the stands again, but it doesn't change the fact he's still 2 cents short of a nickel. And Kirikenko could just do more for us across the board. How nice would it have been if we could have had AK47 guarding Bosh on the rebound/ kick out to Allen that broke all of our hearts? I have a feeling that rebound would have jas a better chance of finding his hands. The only benefit to possibly adding a Ron Ron over AK47 would be a potential shorter contract. We are sitting in great cap shape in 2015 right now.