News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-05-13, 01:25 AM
SpursReport Team Member

We need Luis Scola!

He's making only 4.2 million a year and I think we could make a run at him. Scola doesn't want to be apart of a rebuilding project. This years draft pick and one of our point guards and possibly a 2nd rounder would do it. I would have brought up Bonner's name up, but Im done thinking we are ever going to get rid of him.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-05-13, 02:08 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Mathematically, Bonner for Scola will work straight-up (at least according to the ESPN trade machine, not sure what salary cap implications it takes in), but the challenge would be in sending the Suns something they'd actually want. Bonner's contract expires a year sooner than Scola's and he makes less, which might be attractive, but besides that I don't see us with anything the Suns would want.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-05-13, 08:28 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

The Suns want out of the lottery. Where Scola works, lottery picks follow. That's enough reason to get rid of Scola.

He wouldn't work in SA. He makes Bonner look like Bowen on defense.
Old 07-05-13, 10:29 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

The Spurs need Luis Scola like a fish needs an aging low post player whose efficiency has dropped off the charts and can't play a lick of defense.
Old 07-05-13, 10:50 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
The Spurs need Luis Scola like a fish needs an aging low post player whose efficiency has dropped off the charts and can't play a lick of defense.
Bingo! The whole reason the Spurs traded him in the first place. No point in revisiting that...
Old 07-05-13, 11:26 AM
Official Whorry Hater!

You're got to be ****ting me.... yes the Spurs should trade for him, but Pop will never let Bonner go...

Old 07-05-13, 01:11 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Luis rebounds lot better than bonner, which is a stat for defense, plus his offensive game is way better. If we get rebounds, no one scores, rebounding is the least looked at stat when evaluating defense.
Old 07-05-13, 01:25 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazytlingit View Post
Luis rebounds lot better than bonner, which is a stat for defense, plus his offensive game is way better. If we get rebounds, no one scores, rebounding is the least looked at stat when evaluating defense.
Plus Bonner sets crappy picks. Scola at least sets good ones. Splitter was in the game the game to set a pick problem was he wasn't a perimeter threat. Scola would be. Bonner would have been a better pick problem is.......he can't set a decent pick. That's why it was Splitter in that case.
Old 07-05-13, 01:26 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombear View Post
You're got to be ****ting me.... yes the Spurs should trade for him, but Pop will never let Bonner go...
Stop telling the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
Old 07-05-13, 03:44 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
^^^^^^^
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 07-05-13, 03:55 PM
The Master Baiter

You guys think I hate Manu (which I really don't), my criticism of Scola would make that look like I was Manu's secret lover.
Old 07-05-13, 06:59 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Stop telling the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

Old 07-05-13, 07:00 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
You guys think I hate Manu (which I really don't), my criticism of Scola would make that look like I was Manu's secret lover.
And we'd miss you...

well not all of us...

Old 07-05-13, 08:23 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

and scola and splitter played togeter before...

hahaha just joking, not enough for a reason to sign him...

Last edited by JuanCaca; 07-05-13 at 09:31 PM.
Old 07-06-13, 10:49 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Ahhh yes! The return of S.C.O.L.A. in their continuing mission to explore strange new trades and to boldly trade when no GM will trade no more! Lmao! Leave Scola where he is. I trust PATFO. They'll make it interesting again for us.
Old 07-06-13, 01:44 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola

I think I am going to make a Scola smilie... just to annoy the hell out of most y'all...

Old 07-06-13, 05:10 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola Scola

I think I am going to make a Scola smilie... just to annoy the hell out of most y'all...
LMAO!
Old 07-06-13, 06:17 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

If there's one thing Scola can bring, it's a lottery pick.
I'm all for Scola if the end product is Andrew Wiggins.

Of course, he only brings a lottery pick. Never an improvement in position.
Old 07-06-13, 07:51 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

Quote:

LOL
[email protected]
Old 07-06-13, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
There is no need to clarify u r biased. I'm starting to think the issue is the nationality not the player...
[email protected]
Old 07-06-13, 08:42 PM
Administrator

yes go ahead Mombear, find your Scola smilie.
Old 07-06-13, 09:00 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
If there's one thing Scola can bring, it's a lottery pick.
I'm all for Scola if the end product is Andrew Wiggins.

Of course, he only brings a lottery pick. Never an improvement in position.
get over it.
Old 07-06-13, 10:09 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
get over it.
I think he hates Scola because he asked him for an autograph and Luis told him no.

:drummer

Old 07-06-13, 11:03 PM

[email protected]
Old 07-06-13, 11:47 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

WE STILL HAVE RED ROCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 07-07-13, 12:27 AM

Rza, u'll make me cry
[email protected]
Old 07-07-13, 07:06 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
I think he hates Scola because he asked him for an autograph and Luis told him no.

:drummer
Nah.

I asked him play defense, and he told me 'no'.