SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   We need Luis Scola! (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/120117-we-need-luis-scola.html)

crazytlingit 07-05-13 12:25 AM

We need Luis Scola!

He's making only 4.2 million a year and I think we could make a run at him. Scola doesn't want to be apart of a rebuilding project. This years draft pick and one of our point guards and possibly a 2nd rounder would do it. I would have brought up Bonner's name up, but Im done thinking we are ever going to get rid of him.

joyner 07-05-13 01:08 AM

Mathematically, Bonner for Scola will work straight-up (at least according to the ESPN trade machine, not sure what salary cap implications it takes in), but the challenge would be in sending the Suns something they'd actually want. Bonner's contract expires a year sooner than Scola's and he makes less, which might be attractive, but besides that I don't see us with anything the Suns would want.

katyspursfan 07-05-13 07:28 AM

The Suns want out of the lottery. Where Scola works, lottery picks follow. That's enough reason to get rid of Scola.

He wouldn't work in SA. He makes Bonner look like Bowen on defense.

grizzly_bexar 07-05-13 09:29 AM

The Spurs need Luis Scola like a fish needs an aging low post player whose efficiency has dropped off the charts and can't play a lick of defense.

montgod 07-05-13 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar (Post 1302404)
The Spurs need Luis Scola like a fish needs an aging low post player whose efficiency has dropped off the charts and can't play a lick of defense.

Bingo! The whole reason the Spurs traded him in the first place. No point in revisiting that...

Mombear 07-05-13 10:26 AM

You're got to be ****ting me.... yes the Spurs should trade for him, but Pop will never let Bonner go...

crazytlingit 07-05-13 12:11 PM

Luis rebounds lot better than bonner, which is a stat for defense, plus his offensive game is way better. If we get rebounds, no one scores, rebounding is the least looked at stat when evaluating defense.

WILLTHETHRILL 07-05-13 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazytlingit (Post 1302431)
Luis rebounds lot better than bonner, which is a stat for defense, plus his offensive game is way better. If we get rebounds, no one scores, rebounding is the least looked at stat when evaluating defense.

Plus Bonner sets crappy picks. Scola at least sets good ones. Splitter was in the game the game to set a pick problem was he wasn't a perimeter threat. Scola would be. Bonner would have been a better pick problem is.......he can't set a decent pick. That's why it was Splitter in that case.

WILLTHETHRILL 07-05-13 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mombear (Post 1302417)
You're got to be ****ting me.... yes the Spurs should trade for him, but Pop will never let Bonner go...

Stop telling the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

Rzarector7 07-05-13 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar (Post 1302404)

^^^^^^^

Uwe Blab 07-05-13 02:55 PM

You guys think I hate Manu (which I really don't), my criticism of Scola would make that look like I was Manu's secret lover.

Mombear 07-05-13 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL (Post 1302440)
Stop telling the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

:bricks

:hat

Mombear 07-05-13 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1302462)
You guys think I hate Manu (which I really don't), my criticism of Scola would make that look like I was Manu's secret lover.

And we'd miss you... :cry

:smirk well not all of us... :slap

:roll

JuanCaca 07-05-13 07:23 PM

and scola and splitter played togeter before...

hahaha just joking, not enough for a reason to sign him...

NemesysN4R 07-06-13 09:49 AM

Ahhh yes! The return of S.C.O.L.A. in their continuing mission to explore strange new trades and to boldly trade when no GM will trade no more! Lmao! Leave Scola where he is. I trust PATFO. They'll make it interesting again for us.

Mombear 07-06-13 12:44 PM

:love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :banana

I think I am going to make a Scola smilie... :laugh just to annoy the hell out of most y'all... :D

NemesysN4R 07-06-13 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mombear (Post 1302627)
:love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :love Scola :banana Scola :banana

I think I am going to make a Scola smilie... :laugh just to annoy the hell out of most y'all... :D

LMAO!

katyspursfan 07-06-13 05:17 PM

If there's one thing Scola can bring, it's a lottery pick.
I'm all for Scola if the end product is Andrew Wiggins.

Of course, he only brings a lottery pick. Never an improvement in position.

ATHENEA 07-06-13 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mombear (Post 1302627)

LOL :banana

ATHENEA 07-06-13 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1302462)

There is no need to clarify u r biased. I'm starting to think the issue is the nationality not the player...

Dulce 07-06-13 07:42 PM

:lol yes go ahead Mombear, find your Scola smilie.

WILLTHETHRILL 07-06-13 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katyspursfan (Post 1302669)
If there's one thing Scola can bring, it's a lottery pick.
I'm all for Scola if the end product is Andrew Wiggins.

Of course, he only brings a lottery pick. Never an improvement in position.

get over it.

Mombear 07-06-13 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL (Post 1302696)
get over it.

I think he hates Scola because he asked him for an autograph and Luis told him no.

:drummer

ATHENEA 07-06-13 10:03 PM

:lol

Rzarector7 07-06-13 10:47 PM

WE STILL HAVE RED ROCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATHENEA 07-06-13 11:27 PM

Rza, u'll make me cry :cry

katyspursfan 07-07-13 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mombear (Post 1302709)
I think he hates Scola because he asked him for an autograph and Luis told him no.

:drummer

Nah.

I asked him play defense, and he told me 'no'.