News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-13, 07:37 PM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

3 THINGS THAT COULD EXTEND GINOBILI’S CAREER

The San Antonio Spurs will begin their off-season process soon and will have to come to a decision on the Ginobili situation. Manu Ginobili is a free agent and is coming off an abysmal performance in the NBA Finals.

3 Things that Could Extend Ginobili?s Career

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-28-13, 08:28 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I agree. He just has to re-tool a little bit, and figure out what his role will be. We need to have another facilitator to make this possible.

But even at that, let's be fair. Miami's passing lane defense is crazy good and nobody, not even TP, had consistent success against it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-28-13, 08:42 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Great Article by MVPTEXAS' DAVID ROUNTREE!

All Great Points. And I will add...

My hope is that Manu stays healthy and learn to play little every game during the regular season to build some stamina All he needs is to see himself playing with consistent minutes to build his rhythm and confidence.

Staying healthy is the BIGGEST key IMO.

Maybe he should follow the diet that Timmy D did.

I sincerely wish Manu could cut down on going to McDonal's and eating that unhealthy food except on very few occasions when he has to!

Three days ago I saw this Tweet on someone who saw Manu at McDonald's..

LOVE to see Manu staying healthy and LOVE to see him last here for a long time.
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-28-13, 09:00 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I wouldn't put EATING AT MCDONALDS on the list of things he should be doing to prolong his career, but it's Manu. A man who swats bats isn't taking advice from me.
Old 06-28-13, 09:52 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

That's not Manu. Hella funny though!
Old 06-28-13, 11:49 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
I wouldn't put EATING AT MCDONALDS on the list of things he should be doing to prolong his career, but it's Manu. A man who swats bats isn't taking advice from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
Great Article by MVPTEXAS' DAVID ROUNTREE!

All Great Points. And I will add...

My hope is that Manu stays healthy and learn to play little every game during the regular season to build some stamina All he needs is to see himself playing with consistent minutes to build his rhythm and confidence.

Staying healthy is the BIGGEST key IMO.

Maybe he should follow the diet that Timmy D did.

I sincerely wish Manu could cut down on going to McDonal's and eating that unhealthy food except on very few occasions when he has to!

Three days ago I saw this Tweet on someone who saw Manu at McDonald's..

LOVE to see Manu staying healthy and LOVE to see him last here for a long time.

Old 06-29-13, 12:27 AM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

Haters r gonna hate, blindly I must add lol
[email protected]
Old 06-29-13, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
That's not Manu. Hella funny though!
I was just kidding... LOL

Sorry if it offended someone here. I am not a Manu Hater I promise you.

My point made here that Manu would probably need to do something drastic to change that same system that he had been doing and was getting him injured. I don't know if he can do the Tim Duncan diet that TD did last off season or some other system he invents. He is a genius and he make things happen no question.

Look I know that when the Spurs lost to OKC last year it created a Very Bad Taste in a lot of Spurs player so they went to improve their games during the off season last year. Then they came back with better stamina. I am just hoping this will take that our Spurs players including Manu would take that horrifying loss and do some constructive thing during the off season to bring them back in a BETTER shape and BETTER position to win it all next year. Especially Manu since we need him to be there and at full force come PO time.

The BEST REVENGE is WINNING it all next year.

I know that some analysts on the TV said that last year's win was a great motivation to come here this year with great determination and get to the finals and win it all. Then they said that this loss so close to the title could be a killer and who knows if Spurs can come back next year and recover.

However me think it is the opposite. Last year was not enough motivation to bring all your power to win it all in the finals.

THIS YEAR being so closed to the title (Bill Simmons said in the last 25 years this .28 seconds to winning the title was the closest....) I think the Spurs are MORE motivated to win it next year and YET it will be SUPER motivation to REPEAT also because we need to make up for the one we missed the year before....

Go Spurs Go

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-29-13, 05:27 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

Spurscrazed... I think it was hilarious hahaha
I agree about the winning part. We can pull it off next season ;)
[email protected]
Old 06-29-13, 10:37 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
I was just kidding... LOL

Sorry if it offended someone here. I am not a Manu Hater I promise you.

My point made here that Manu would probably need to do something drastic to change that same system that he had been doing and was getting him injured. I don't know if he can do the Tim Duncan diet that TD did last off season or some other system he invents. He is a genius and he make things happen no question.

Look I know that when the Spurs lost to OKC last year it created a Very Bad Taste in a lot of Spurs player so they went to improve their games during the off season last year. Then they came back with better stamina. I am just hoping this will take that our Spurs players including Manu would take that horrifying loss and do some constructive thing during the off season to bring them back in a BETTER shape and BETTER position to win it all next year. Especially Manu since we need him to be there and at full force come PO time.

The BEST REVENGE is WINNING it all next year.

I know that some analysts on the TV said that last year's win was a great motivation to come here this year with great determination and get to the finals and win it all. Then they said that this loss so close to the title could be a killer and who knows if Spurs can come back next year and recover.

However me think it is the opposite. Last year was not enough motivation to bring all your power to win it all in the finals.

THIS YEAR being so closed to the title (Bill Simmons said in the last 25 years this .28 seconds to winning the title was the closest....) I think the Spurs are MORE motivated to win it next year and YET it will be SUPER motivation to REPEAT also because we need to make up for the one we missed the year before....

Go Spurs Go
You would hope. Last year they came back motivated this year to win it! They almost got it. I hope they have one more run left in them. Some things need to take place for that to happen though, minor tweaks and such I don't know about yet but if things go right they can be right back in it again.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-29-13, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHENEA View Post
Spurscrazed... I think it was hilarious hahaha
I agree about the winning part. We can pull it off next season ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
You would hope. Last year they came back motivated this year to win it! They almost got it. I hope they have one more run left in them. Some things need to take place for that to happen though, minor tweaks and such I don't know about yet but if things go right they can be right back in it again.
I agree that there will have to be so many variables that need to happen. HEALTH of course is number one. Then those tiny missing pieces need to be filled.

I DEEPLY believe the the chance is now or never. Yes now or never... It has to happen next year 2014 it has to happen!! Spurs just got out of the closest loss and before that they just failed to pass the Western Conf so now there are no more excuses. Spurs will need to get that job done. It is DOUBLE IMPORTANT now with TD and Manu about to retire. They have only the next year and maybe the year after.

The Biggest Obstacle was finding enough Spurs Scorers that is why I think that if we put all our eggs in one basket we will not succeed. However I believe that RC and Pop will put together a great TEAM for next year and find us those Missing Small Pieces of that PUZZLE this off season since Spurs have all the Cap Space they need to!!!

I tell you that I will be very upset if RC and the FO will FAIL this off season as they did in recent year. That is why RC & Staff have the Toughest job this off season with all this cap money they better find us someone who can help... TD and TP and MANU are not going to be here forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 07-01-13, 01:35 PM
Herman Cain of the board

BONNER still sucks!
Old 07-01-13, 07:44 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Will, lets focus on the big picture, focus focus focus.
Old 07-02-13, 12:22 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Honestly I hope Manu can put everything aside, forget everything, and retire right now. I know he's been plain awful in the playoffs and deserves a lot of the criticism for it but it's also been painful to see all the hate some Spurs fans have for him now. It really is sad to see especially all that he's done here and sacrificing himself during the prime of his years to be a sixth man off the bench filling in for guys like Hedo, Barry, Finley, etc. when he could've been a starter anywhere else (Denver?). Sad thing is the blame always gets put on him for the times we aren't successful even though other guys made mistakes too. I'd rather see him retire now than have another bad season next year. On the other hand, I still believe he can be effective (not like he has been or for the amount of time). With a whole summer off to recover and if he can stay relatively healthy (which is a challenge) I think he can still the Manu we're still used too. He didn't even get back from his hamstring injury until during the playoffs (at the time they didn't even know if he would make it back until sometime during the playoffs). I'm wondering if that messed with his head for the rest of the playoffs and resulted in a bad playoffs.

Last edited by kmgospurs; 07-02-13 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-03-13, 12:10 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Sign his Argentine buddy for the min. Prigioni.Back up PG
Old 07-03-13, 12:26 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:

I agree that there will have to be so many variables that need to happen. HEALTH of course is number one. Then those tiny missing pieces need to be filled.

I DEEPLY believe the the chance is now or never. Yes now or never... It has to happen next year 2014 it has to happen!! Spurs just got out of the closest loss and before that they just failed to pass the Western Conf so now there are no more excuses. Spurs will need to get that job done. It is DOUBLE IMPORTANT now with TD and Manu about to retire. They have only the next year and maybe the year after.

The Biggest Obstacle was finding enough Spurs Scorers that is why I think that if we put all our eggs in one basket we will not succeed. However I believe that RC and Pop will put together a great TEAM for next year and find us those Missing Small Pieces of that PUZZLE this off season since Spurs have all the Cap Space they need to!!!

I tell you that I will be very upset if RC and the FO will FAIL this off season as they did in recent year. That is why RC & Staff have the Toughest job this off season with all this cap money they better find us someone who can help... TD and TP and MANU are not going to be here forever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks like they will bring back the same team with Bonner not gone and Neal will probably be back again! So did they fail? . I was hoping with space they would do something but it appears they will stay the same? I hope not but Bonner will be back IMO and Neal too if they want him back! I believe they stay the same, no major facelift they said and it appears that way! Sucks in a few ways, more than some will admit.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 07-03-13, 01:42 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I think we can bring Jarrett Jack instead of Neal. And that would be a huge upgrade.
Old 07-03-13, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
Looks like they will bring back the same team with Bonner not gone and Neal will probably be back again! So did they fail? . I was hoping with space they would do something but it appears they will stay the same? I hope not but Bonner will be back IMO and Neal too if they want him back! I believe they stay the same, no major facelift they said and it appears that way! Sucks in a few ways, more than some will admit.
Well. It is what it is. But The off season is not over yet! I still think our FO will find a way to pull some rabbits out of their ears!

I actually went and looked back at the interview with RC right before the draft and saw how he said: Market Value will determine if we keep Tiago. And sure enough. Market Value determined that for them....

Then we all knew Manu will be back.

I wish we don't have Bonner back but you never know if he is a trade bait or if his contract can be used to get another free agent somehow.

We need a MAJOR SCORERS now to fill in for the void we miss when TP is going to be rested more.

I am hoping Pop now will find out how he needs to mix up his offensive schemes and make Kawhi Leonard. This should open up for some new ways to be unpredictable in the game and other teams would spend more on other Spurs too.

Go Spurs Go!!!!