SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Report: Sixers hire Brett Brown (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/120031-report-sixers-hire-brett-brown.html)

joyner 06-27-13 11:19 PM

Report: Sixers hire Brett Brown

Report: Sixers to hire Brett Brown

http://i.imgur.com/jThRWR1.jpg

firefox86182 06-27-13 11:28 PM

Whelp there goes all of our Australian talent.

thesuspence281 06-27-13 11:33 PM

That leaves us with who? Ime? facepalm

I guess chip will move up to the front row of coaches.

grizzly_bexar 06-27-13 11:34 PM

Coaching staff getting decimated this off-season.

thesuspence281 06-27-13 11:46 PM

Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN 7m
RC Buford on reports of Brett Brown to 76ers: "To the best of my knowledge, I think people are jumping the gun on the process."

Hope thats so.

Uwe Blab 06-28-13 12:22 AM

All the longtime assistants are leaving. I wonder what the heck is going on?

alh1020 06-28-13 05:25 AM

Sources: Brown not offered Sixers job
Posted on June 27, 2013 at 11:43 pm by Dan McCarney

Spurs assistant coach Brett Brown has yet to interview for the Sixers head coaching job, let alone take it, according to sources familiar with the situation.

The New York Daily News reported that Brown had accepted the job earlier on Thursday.

Spurs general manager R.C. Buford declined to comment specifically but described the news as premature.

“I would leave it to the 76ers or Brett to comment,” he said. “To the best of my knowledge, I think people are jumping the gun on the process. But again, I’m not either the 76ers or Brett.”

Brown has been connected with numerous openings since the Spurs’ loss to Miami in the Finals. He interviewed for the Denver job that went to Brian Shaw. Sports Illustrated reporter Ian Thomsen recently speculated that Brown will take over for Doc Rivers in Boston.

Brown has been with the Spurs for 12 seasons, the last seven as an assistant to Gregg Popovich after serving as a player development coach during the previous five. He also coached Australia to a seventh-place finish at the 2012 Olympics.

Link: Spurs Nation

tenthousandaces 06-28-13 05:57 AM

I hope he stays with Spurs.

ALSPURS 06-28-13 07:48 AM

Wow...

Finally with this last trip to the Finals people around the league are starting to see that "our" way works....

It was only a matter of time before they became coaches....you always wanna be a head coach ...

Sucks for us...but good for them...

joyner 06-28-13 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALSPURS (Post 1301403)
Wow...

Finally with this last trip to the Finals people around the league are starting to see that "our" way works....

It was only a matter of time before they became coaches....you always wanna be a head coach ...

Sucks for us...but good for them...

What do you mean "finally"? Spurs assistants and former players have been coveted for years. Doc Rivers, Avery Johnson, Vinny Del Negro, Monty Williams, Mike Brown, and Jacque Vaughn are all recent coaches from Pop's flock, to say nothing of all the GMs that are former Pop disciples (Ferry, Hennigan, Presti, Pritchard).

grizzly_bexar 06-28-13 12:23 PM

Hopefully none of them can truly replicate the secret sauce until we get one last ring.

gosaspurs2150 06-28-13 01:04 PM

I heard on ESPN radio last night that there could be the possibility of Lionel Hollings coming to the Spurs or that he might be a good fit for them.

Uwe Blab 06-28-13 06:56 PM

This is weird. Both sides denying the report. Smoke...fire....

Spurd_On 06-30-13 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1301488)
This is weird. Both sides denying the report. Smoke...fire....

So why does this get a News Sticky if it's not news yet?

rooster 06-30-13 03:41 PM

Hey Brett don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. OK MATE.

alh1020 06-30-13 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurd_On (Post 1301575)
So why does this get a News Sticky if it's not news yet?

Good question.............