News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-13, 12:52 PM
SpursReport Rookie

LaMarcus Aldridge wants out of Portland.

A few sources from the Blazers have made it known that LaMarcus Aldridge would welcome a trade if the team does not makes moves to become more competitive. With Tiago being one of their FA targets, would any of you be interested in making that swap?

Link to article here:
Blazers Insider: Although LaMarcus Aldridge wants out of Portland, don't expect it to happen Thursday
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-27-13, 12:57 PM
SpursReport Team Member

OH HELL YEAH.

He's a Texas guy, has given us fits in the past, and has a complete game.

Not gonna happen though hah!

Last edited by tenthousandaces; 06-27-13 at 12:59 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-27-13, 01:24 PM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

Geez. If he wanted it and if it was any way possible, Id give my left nut to make it happen.
Old 06-27-13, 01:31 PM
SpursReport Rookie

The chances are slim, but it isn't completely out of the question. You don't think we could put together a package involving Tiago that would interest the Blazers? Especially with a disgruntled Aldridge? I'm sure RC and company are already keeping a close eye on this.
Old 06-27-13, 01:35 PM
SR Team Goof

Aldridge might very well solve our big man problem and be a reliable replacement for TD when he decides to move on, which I hope is many years down the road. He's a Texas kid, Texas has no state income tax and if we can make it work monetarily, why not go for him.
Old 06-27-13, 01:37 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesuspence281 View Post
Geez. If he wanted it and if it was any way possible, Id give my left nut to make it happen.
No offense to your manhood but giving up your body parts doesn't sound like an attractive offer.
Old 06-27-13, 02:43 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Tiago, Bonner, Diaw, Decolo, Joseph, Green, euro stashed guys, future pick, HEB, the Alamo, basically anyone not named Tony, Tim, or Kawhi.
Old 06-27-13, 03:02 PM
The Master Baiter

Sign and trade Manu.

Seriously, Portland won't do it without something major in return. Splitter is not major.
Old 06-27-13, 03:11 PM
SpursReport Rookie

It won't be Manu. They would take Splitter, if we can package guys like Bonner, Diaw, Joseph, etc that have expiring contracts, possibly coupled with Euro guys and picks. They could release Bonner, and just have guys with a year left on their contract. The 2014 FA crop is much better than this years. Could make some sense if we can help set them up for the future. They are not going to take on any contract in a sign and trade if a 36 year old, when they are looking to the future. In addition, Manu is, was, and will always be a Spur. The chances of him playing anywhere but SA, are zero. Less than zero. You can rant all you want on this forum, but he will retire a Spur in the next year or 2.
Old 06-27-13, 03:17 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabspur View Post
It won't be Manu. They would take Splitter, if we can package guys like Bonner, Diaw, Joseph, etc that have expiring contracts, possibly coupled with Euro guys and picks. They could release Bonner, and just have guys with a year left on their contract. The 2014 FA crop is much better than this years. Could make some sense if we can help set them up for the future. They are not going to take on any contract in a sign and trade if a 36 year old, when they are looking to the future. In addition, Manu is, was, and will always be a Spur. The chances of him playing anywhere but SA, are zero. Less than zero. You can rant all you want on this forum, but he will retire a Spur in the next year or 2.
I was kidding about Manu, although if they would take him and Splitter for Aldridge (0% chance) I don't think the Spurs would think twice about it. Don't kid yourself.

But you're talking a trade the magnitude of the Memphis/Lakers trade that got the Lakers Pau and two championships. A trade that lopsided will not happen. And even then, you've given away half your team and guys that did contribute. You'd have to fill those in with crap.
Old 06-27-13, 03:29 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I could jump on the obvious Bonner is already crap line, but that softball is just too easy. You have to remember, in thus day and age, it's all about cap management and / or stock piling assets. Portland doesn't give a flip what or how it would effect the Spurs the next year or 2. They only care about what they are going to be 2,3 or 4 years down the road. They know they have no chance at any deep playoff run right now. Obviously, they already covet Tiago. The question is, can we give them enough in return beyond that. Expiring contracts plus future picks or talent. Portland is a team that scouts Eurooe extensively, so what are their thoughts on guys like Lorbek, Hanga, or Bertans? As far as filling slots, I'm sure the Spurs can manage that. Who had even heard of Baynes, or Neal, or even guys like Tolliver?
Old 06-27-13, 03:54 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
I could jump on the obvious Bonner is already crap line, but that softball is just too easy. You have to remember, in thus day and age, it's all about cap management and / or stock piling assets. Portland doesn't give a flip what or how it would effect the Spurs the next year or 2. They only care about what they are going to be 2,3 or 4 years down the road. They know they have no chance at any deep playoff run right now. Obviously, they already covet Tiago. The question is, can we give them enough in return beyond that. Expiring contracts plus future picks or talent. Portland is a team that scouts Eurooe extensively, so what are their thoughts on guys like Lorbek, Hanga, or Bertans? As far as filling slots, I'm sure the Spurs can manage that. Who had even heard of Baynes, or Neal, or even guys like Tolliver?
Portland doesn't care about the Spurs, but they care about the state of their franchise. They aren't that bad. They still have Lillard, they have Batum coming back and of course they have Aldridge. I don't think they are in "start from scratch" mode, especially since they are trying to get a decent center in Splitter.

And even if it all went down, would you like the Spurs chances next year with 4 or 5 new guys that would need to play immediately?
Old 06-27-13, 03:55 PM
SpursReport Rookie

It's what makes this forum interesting. May as well dream about Aldridge. Beats worrying about whether or not we get Thomas Robinson....
Old 06-27-13, 04:00 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
It's what makes this forum interesting. May as well dream about Aldridge. Beats worrying about whether or not we get Thomas Robinson....
I fear they may not get anyone.
Old 06-27-13, 04:10 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Yes I would line their chances. And let me get this right, they are not in that bad of shape? They have Lillard. Batum is nice, but you don't build around him. That's like saying Sac has some nice parts in Evans and Cousins. Blazers are a looong way away. And, it looks like Aldridge is gone after his contract expires if they don't trade him first. Today's NBA, players are more apt to be traded if they are stars and demand it. It's definately a long shot. But not impossible.
Old 06-27-13, 04:11 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
I fear they may not get anyone.
Staying pat has been the Spurs' MO and I believe it when RC said that it's about adding subtle pieces. Then again it all could be good ol RC pulling a rope a dope and putting a fast one on the rest of the league, or so I hope. Getting Aldridge would put the Spurs in great position for next year and beyond. We would have to give up a pretty penny for his services, but as they say, "you have to give up talent to get talent."

We also can't forget about that old Portland favorite that is Greg Oden. I have no idea how his rehab is going, but if healthy, the Spurs could be a good fit for him since his role would only require him to rebound and block shots.
Old 06-27-13, 04:19 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Portland has to determine what their future is. I could, however, see them decide to build around Lillard. Put more good pieces around him. Aldridge is going to take a lot of touches from him as he gets better and better. The Blazers also have Spurs influence in FO. Would Tiago plus parts be a better fit? Lillard is an accomplished pick and roll PG. Tiago fits that bill. Again, not saying its probable, but possible. .
Old 06-27-13, 04:59 PM
Herman Cain of the board

get Oden!
Old 06-27-13, 05:57 PM
SpursReport Team Member

trade Danny Green strait up.
Old 06-27-13, 06:47 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Ideally it seems time to begin the long process of phasing in an impact big. If the Spurs stand pat, I doubt it is because that was the plan but what do I know.
Old 06-27-13, 06:55 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Sign & trade Tiago and Blair then through in 1 of the backup points we have. Try not giving up the #28 pick so we can draft a shooting guard.
Old 06-27-13, 08:07 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Hate to see these things even suggested since we all know how perfect and yet impossible it would be.
Old 06-28-13, 12:42 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster View Post
trade Danny Green strait up.
Dumb and Dumber - YouTube

I traded it straight up!!!!!!!!!!
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-28-13, 03:57 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUTH View Post
Staying pat has been the Spurs' MO and I believe it when RC said that it's about adding subtle pieces. Then again it all could be good ol RC pulling a rope a dope and putting a fast one on the rest of the league, or so I hope. Getting Aldridge would put the Spurs in great position for next year and beyond. We would have to give up a pretty penny for his services, but as they say, "you have to give up talent to get talent."

We also can't forget about that old Portland favorite that is Greg Oden. I have no idea how his rehab is going, but if healthy, the Spurs could be a good fit for him since his role would only require him to rebound and block shots.
Seriously?!?! Someone out ther still thinks Oden can have a healthy season? Hahaha! We don't have anyone injured enough to get what we give.
Old 06-28-13, 07:53 AM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURSGIRL4Life View Post
Seriously?!?! Someone out ther still thinks Oden can have a healthy season? Hahaha! We don't have anyone injured enough to get what we give.
Somebody has Oden on their minds:

Mutual interest between Heat, Greg Oden

This summer, the Miami Heat need to get bigger. The Indiana Pacers are not going to shrink in the offseason and the Bulls’ size is one of the issues Miami has trouble with (and they get Derrick Rose back).

The Heat would like to bring back Chris Anderson, plus they might go after free agent bigs such as Samuel Dalambert and Jermaine O’Neal, all guys they could get inexpensively.
The Heat also have interest in Greg Oden — and he likes them, too reports Chris Tomasson at Fox Sports Florida.
Oden’s agent, Mike Conley, told FOX Sports Florida by phone Friday that the free-agent center remains very interested in signing with the Heat this summer and the feeling is mutual. Conley expects to talk with Heat president Pat Riley when free agency begins July 1 about the 7-foot Oden, the 2007 No. 1 draft pick who hasn’t played in the NBA since December 2009 due to knee problems.
“The Heat need some size, that’s not a secret,” Conley said. “Whether it’s in a backup role or whatever, he could help them. I know they’re interested in him and he’s interested in them.”
Oden, the former No. 1 overall pick, has had seven knee surgeries including three microfracture surgeries all before age 25. He hasn’t stepped on an NBA court since December 2009. So, there’s a couple red flags there.

However, since the last surgery he has been following the rehab routine and working out to get in shape, all in hopes of an NBA comeback. He’s not going to live up to the promise he showed coming out of college, but maybe he could become a solid backup giving 10-15 minutes a night. Maybe.

The Cleveland Cavaliers are still considered the favorites to land Oden (he has been working out and taking classes at The Ohio State University). But the Heat would certainly have a role for him. There is a natural fit. And as a 25 year old, there are certain perks to living in South Beach.

We’ll see if this comes together. Oden likely lands somewhere with a non-guaranteed deal, but teams will look around at other free agents before making a move.

Link: Report: Mutual interest between Heat, Greg Oden | ProBasketballTalk
Old 06-28-13, 08:15 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Way too funny! Other than our best players, we have a bunch of nobodies by other teams standards. Aldridge wants to go to the bulls and I'm pretty sure they have a few pieces Portland will take...Gibson, Boozer, Hinrich, sign and trade Nate. It'll be hard enough for us to land Jefferson, Smith or Evans. Aldridge is the best player out of all the big man available out there. He'd be our Tim Duncan to David Robinson, but not a snowballs chance in hell he comes here.
Old 06-29-13, 03:13 PM
SpursReport Team Member

In the aftermath of the draft, here's what I'd offer:

PORTLAND GETS: Tiago Splitter (S&T), Matt Bonner, Nando De Colo, rights to Adam Hanga, and a lottery-protected first in 2016

SAN ANTONIO GETS: LaMarcus Aldridge and the rights to Jeff Withey

Cap-wise, it's roughly even which would leave us about $7 million below the salary cap to find another backup wing.

Last edited by LAsucksForever; 06-29-13 at 03:23 PM.
Old 06-29-13, 03:58 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsucksForever View Post
In the aftermath of the draft, here's what I'd offer:

PORTLAND GETS: Tiago Splitter (S&T), Matt Bonner, Nando De Colo, rights to Adam Hanga, and a lottery-protected first in 2016

SAN ANTONIO GETS: LaMarcus Aldridge and the rights to Jeff Withey

Cap-wise, it's roughly even which would leave us about $7 million below the salary cap to find another backup wing.
If we resigned Manu, and splitter signed a 9 million dollar deal in a sign and trade with Portland for Aldridge, Couldn't we just absorb the difference in cap space? We would take on 4.5 million per year more in the deal. Manu gets 4 million max. Portland gets rid of disgruntled player and excess salary in this fantasy scenario.
Old 06-29-13, 04:17 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Sign and trade Manu.

Seriously, Portland won't do it without something major in return. Splitter is not major.

Old 06-29-13, 09:17 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Relax everyone not gonna happen...LaMarcus said this to reporters today:
'I haven't demanded a trade' :shocked

Trail Blazers All-Star LaMarcus Aldridge: 'I haven't demanded a trade' | OregonLive.com
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-29-13, 09:32 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
Relax everyone not gonna happen...LaMarcus said this to reporters today:
'I haven't demanded a trade' :shocked

Trail Blazers All-Star LaMarcus Aldridge: 'I haven't demanded a trade' | OregonLive.com
What players say to reporters and what goes on behind the scenes are two different things.
Old 06-29-13, 09:44 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
What players say to reporters and what goes on behind the scenes are two different things.
YES! 100% true.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-29-13, 10:15 PM
SR Team Goof

We don't have another Dwight Howard situation in the making, do we??
Old 06-29-13, 10:17 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

OK. I guess will find out soon!!
This tweet was yesterday.

Today here is the detailed article from John Canzano,of The Oregonian.

Canzano: LaMarcus Aldridge emails put the ball in the Trail Blazers court | OregonLive.com
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-29-13, 10:53 PM
SR Team Goof

I wonder if he has a 'no trade clause' in his contract if he doesn't like the team he's possibly traded to??
Old 06-30-13, 07:56 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I wonder if he has a 'no trade clause' in his contract if he doesn't like the team he's possibly traded to??
He doesn't.
Old 06-30-13, 07:57 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Is Bonner staying? Mareesse Speights opted out too. Gosh I hope the Spurs do they're do diligence with FA & RFA.
Old 06-30-13, 11:18 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
Is Bonner staying? Mareesse Speights opted out too. Gosh I hope the Spurs do they're do diligence with FA & RFA.

[COLOR=#0066cc]Mark Deeks @MarkDeeksNBA [/COLOR]
By not being cut yesterday, Viacheslav Kravtsov & Matt Bonner got guaranteed. By being cut, James White, Chris Duhon & Hamed Haddadi didn't.