News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-26-13, 12:00 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Should Spurs Trade Up in the Draft?

Should the Spurs trade up in the draft? - Pounding The Rock

Getting in the top half means saying goodbye to Danny Green

So the question becomes: can they get the pick, and is it worth what they'd have to give up?

Could Matt Bonner's partially guaranteed contract come in handy?

READ MORE
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-26-13, 12:07 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I really haven't heard much exciting about this years draft. Though it would appear we need to do something with the Space to either get better right now or continue laying a strong foundation for the future.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-26-13, 12:12 PM

The draft class this year overall is not that great!
However, there might be few steals there that can fit what Spurs are looking for.

I think if Spurs FO are looking at specific potential players in the draft and think they have a chance to get one of them, why not?

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-26-13, 12:30 PM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

If the right pick were available I may be for it but if we lose green and we lose bonner and/or neal we will be left with almost no three point shooters. Kawhi has been serviceable for three's but other than that we just have diaw and parker who rarely take them. If we think the lane was packed during the finals imagine how teams would play us without any outside shooting at all.
Old 06-26-13, 01:11 PM
SR Team Goof

If we can trade up by giving up our #28 pick and someone other than Green (ie, Bonner, Mills, Neal, DeColo), I’d say go for it. We can’t give Green up; we know what he gives us (solid, relentless defense; good outside shooting) and if we give him up for an earlier 1st rounder, this guy is an unknown in the professional arena, we don’t know what he will deliver and whether he’ll survive if he hits the ‘wall’. In this scenario, Green is untouchable, IMHO.
Old 06-26-13, 06:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
If we can trade up by giving up our #28 pick and someone other than Green (ie, Bonner, Mills, Neal, DeColo), I’d say go for it. We can’t give Green up; we know what he gives us (solid, relentless defense; good outside shooting) and if we give him up for an earlier 1st rounder, this guy is an unknown in the professional arena, we don’t know what he will deliver and whether he’ll survive if he hits the ‘wall’. In this scenario, Green is untouchable, IMHO.
Only problem is you have to give something to get something.
Old 06-26-13, 06:58 PM
SpursReport Rookie

this is not the draft to trade up.. its really even, so i think at 28 we can get a guy that fits.. also, Bonner is more valuable to buyout rather than to try to trade.. i like any kind of back up SF or SG in this draft...
Old 06-26-13, 08:16 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Leave Green alone!
Old 06-26-13, 08:24 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan View Post
Leave Green alone!
Agreed. Danny is a successful investment, a good fit and well worth the price. Why gamble on a rookie. George Hill was a different situation. The Spurs had other options at that position at the time and none at small forward.
Old 06-27-13, 12:15 AM
Herman Cain of the board

This is a "trade down" draft for sure but let's say the Spurs covet Noguiera.....they might not get him at #28. Might have to move up to #22-#24 to get him. In that case see how the draft unfolds and go from there. I value every draft no matter how weak it may seem. Sometimes there are gems to get in both rounds of it. I think people make this draft out like it's the 2000 NBA draft but it won't be. That might be the worst draft ever.
Old 06-27-13, 02:00 AM
SpursReport Rookie

What about trading for LaMarcus Aldridge. He is demanding a trade from Portland. That would be a very good pick up. & Portland already interested in Tiago.
Old 06-27-13, 02:21 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesysN4R View Post
What about trading for LaMarcus Aldridge. He is demanding a trade from Portland. That would be a very good pick up. & Portland already interested in Tiago.
I wish that would happen, I really do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-27-13, 08:20 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

so, sign and trade tiago, decolo and #28 pick for lamarcus? or wich kind of trade??
Old 06-27-13, 08:47 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Sign & trade Tiago and Blair and toss n De Colo. Maybe we can keep our #28 pick. This draft is shooting guard small forward and center heavy.We need a backup for Khawi and a reliable shooting guard.
Old 06-27-13, 03:22 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
This is a "trade down" draft for sure but let's say the Spurs covet Noguiera.....they might not get him at #28. Might have to move up to #22-#24 to get him. In that case see how the draft unfolds and go from there. I value every draft no matter how weak it may seem. Sometimes there are gems to get in both rounds of it. I think people make this draft out like it's the 2000 NBA draft but it won't be. That might be the worst draft ever.
Not anymore.. he should be available at 28 if they want him since he just re-signed w/his current team for two more years.
Old 06-27-13, 03:29 PM

DRAFT NIGHT: TO TRADE OR NOT TO TRADE!

Project Spurs Trevor Zickgraf wrote this article today about if the trade would make sense.....Read More from the link below

Draft Night: To trade or not to trade

Quote:
Three names I very much like are Shabazz Muhammad from UCLA, San Diego State's Jamaal Franklin (a former teammate of Leonard) and Gorgui Dieng from Louisville.

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-27-13, 04:25 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by montgod View Post
Not anymore.. he should be available at 28 if they want him since he just re-signed w/his current team for two more years.
That's good for the Spurs if that's their target. I just know that when he played here in SA that summer that the Spurs and most NBA scouts liked him the most by far at that time.