News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-25-13, 05:32 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

King's extend Evans!

That sucks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-25-13, 05:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
That sucks!
It is a qualifying offer. That is to be expected. Doesn't mean much. It just means now he is offically a restricted free agent. That is all.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-25-13, 05:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

does that mean there is no way the Spurs can get him now?
Old 06-25-13, 05:54 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosaspurs2150 View Post
It is a qualifying offer. That is to be expected. Doesn't mean much. It just means now he is offically a restricted free agent. That is all.
Guess we need to make an offer they can't match or won't match
Old 06-25-13, 06:10 PM
SpursReport Team Member

The Kings essentially offered Evans $6.87 million which was the qualifying offer. No way Evans and agent will take that amount, so now let the bidding begin!

Spurs max bid should be $10-$11 million per year. Or a 4 year $40 million/4 year $44 million deal.

I don't think the Kings will match that but another team could.
Old 06-25-13, 06:16 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
The Kings essentially offered Evans $6.87 million which was the qualifying offer. No way Evans and agent will take that amount, so now let the bidding begin!

Spurs max bid should be $10-$11 million per year. Or a 4 year $40 million/4 year $44 million deal.

Im gane for $10M per season

- Confucius
Old 06-25-13, 06:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:

Get'er done!
Old 06-25-13, 07:57 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Does Pop know of your plans?
Old 06-25-13, 08:59 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan View Post
Does Pop know of your plans?
He better. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Our replacement and hopefully future shooting guard that also plays the point. Slashes to the basket Jason at camp crystal lake! Allows Tony to rest and not always bring the ball up. 6-6 220... Big boy! And he will develop a shot under Chip's guidance! I so have my fingers crossed! Plus he can't stand Cousins. And Cousins wants the max or trade.
Old 06-25-13, 09:50 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

There is a reason people here are excited about him, that's for sure.
Old 06-26-13, 04:09 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Really he sounds too good to be true. You know how that usually ends up. I will do what my father taught me best, hope for the best and plan for the worst. Oh no. I think I just had a Joe Biden moment.
Old 06-26-13, 07:29 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:

any gm that would offer that much to him would be laughed out of the league and be given his papers. The spurs arent going after him. expect the spurs to sit pat this year and wait and see whose left after the dust has settled.
Old 06-26-13, 08:33 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

The Spurs never ever ever get restricted free agents because you have to overbid to get them. No free-agent ever leaves his team on a reasonable contract from another team. If it's a reasonable contract, the Kings match.
Old 06-26-13, 09:24 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Have you guys heard of Mark Cuban?
Old 06-26-13, 09:32 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

If you get Tyreke for the numbers we think he will get you are not gonna be able to keep Splitter...

And from everything I am hearing in SA is they will pay for Splitter as long as the bidding does not get crazy....

If you get Evans and have to wait for the Kings to match we could lose out on some FA and Splitter...

gonna be a rough call what to do...
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Old 06-26-13, 11:00 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSPURS View Post
If you get Tyreke for the numbers we think he will get you are not gonna be able to keep Splitter...

And from everything I am hearing in SA is they will pay for Splitter as long as the bidding does not get crazy....

If you get Evans and have to wait for the Kings to match we could lose out on some FA and Splitter...

The Spurs and the FO would be absolute fools if they at least don't try to go after Evans and bid for him. Evans fills our needs on so many different levels it isn't even funny! If we can pay $10-$10.5 million for Jefferson and pick up SJax contract for that same amount, I am sure we can give Evans that kind of money since he is a much better player than both of them!

And we can get Evans and Splitter. I am crossing my fingers and hoping Splitter goes for $8 mil a year and Evans gets $10 or maybe even $11 mil. That would be the ideal situation.
Old 06-26-13, 11:02 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy from Austin View Post
Have you guys heard of Mark Cuban?
Yeah, I think it is going either to be us, if the Spurs are smart enough to go after Evans or Dallas will get him.
Old 06-26-13, 11:05 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
The Spurs never ever ever get restricted free agents because you have to overbid to get them. No free-agent ever leaves his team on a reasonable contract from another team. If it's a reasonable contract, the Kings match.
You have to understand. Evans and Cousins didn't get along too well. Also, with the new management, I think they are going to go after Ellis or Jack. I don't think the Kings will go up in the bidding to $10-$11 million to keep him. And if Kings match that and don't go higher and it comes down to us and the Kings, you better believe Evans walks and goes to the Spurs.

You are correct, the Spurs never get restricted free agents because a lot of teams overbid for that player. Lets see what happens with Evans.
Old 06-26-13, 11:07 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox86182 View Post
any gm that would offer that much to him would be laughed out of the league and be given his papers. The spurs arent going after him. expect the spurs to sit pat this year and wait and see whose left after the dust has settled.
Laughed out of the league? Oh really? Comparable players to Evans are getting $10-$11 million per year. You give him that much money for his young potential, his ability to create and slash to the basket, his above average rebounding and passing skills for a SG, and his great perimeter defense. He shot 33% from 3s last season. I think working with Chip, that can increase to 36-38%.

If the Spurs sit pat this year, and aren't thinking for the future, and just let the dust settle, I think we are in a world of trouble moving forward. You got Duncan and Ginboli with 2 years left minimum, essentially our two best players leaving soon.

Last edited by gosaspurs2150; 06-26-13 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-26-13, 11:36 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSPURS View Post

Before you let the bidding get crazy, all you have to do is tell Splitter, we will give $24 million for 3 years before the bidding begins. Would he take that or try to seek other offers and become a restricted free agent?
Old 06-26-13, 03:32 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Laughed out of the league? Oh really? Comparable players to Evans are getting $10-$11 million per year. You give him that much money for his young potential, his ability to create and slash to the basket, his above average rebounding and passing skills for a SG, and his great perimeter defense. He shot 33% from 3s last season. I think working with Chip, that can increase to 36-38%.

If the Spurs sit pat this year, and aren't thinking for the future, and just let the dust settle, I think we are in a world of trouble moving forward. You got Duncan and Ginboli with 2 years left minimum, essentially our two best players leaving soon.
Exactly! This kid has mad potential. He's in a go no where organization team anytime soon, didn't know whether the team was going to be in Seattle or Sacramento, doesn't like Cousins, multiple coaches and systems and most importantly no leadership! Put him with hall of fame players,coaches and the league's best system and shooting coach....please, 10 million is a steal. Considering that's what Jefferson was getting. Splitter is worth about 6-7 in our system. Dallas still has to deal with Mayo to. Like I said b4,send Duncan and Parker to his house with Pop on video chat! Only thing... He'll need a new number,13 is retired.