News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-24-13, 11:16 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Why does everyone hate lebron so much?

I personaly don't care much for players outside the spurs, but the hate I see for this guy is ridiculous. Kobe and Durant have had a lot worse 4th quarters than him yet people still call him lechoke. Even after the heat won all I hear people say is "the nba is rigged". I know he left clevand but I feel if Kobe had left la people would have said "front office was not giving him any help"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-24-13, 11:56 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

I think LBJ is what is wrong with America now!!!

I personally HATE LBJ the player with Passion (not LBJ the person) and he will always suck in my books. I have zero respect to him as a player. Not only because the NBA Commissh people want him to win it all every darn year to make the most revenue.... But also because he is the symbol of traitors who abandoned his original drafted (Cav) Team to join forces and others like Wade and BOSCH (who did similar thing)

LBJ and HEAT are Traitors and represent modern short cut to GLORY!

When they did the poll recently in the Finals, the majority of AMERICA would love to see the HEAT Lose even to a Spurs Team who not so many AMERICA like still....Why... Because there is a large segment of people in America who respect fighters, who respect those who rise to the challenge, who respect loyalty, and who respect someone WANTING to earn their way. That is what is missing in the LBJ and his HEAT 2 Championships.

We all remember those Lakers when they brought Karl Malone and The Glove to Shaq and Kobe. That year if they won it you might have heard the same thing from Americans.

IT IS ON BABY!!!!SPURS PO TO DIE FOR!
PHENOMENAL TOTAL CONTROLL WITH SPURS BASKETBALL!
LETS DO IT BABY! NO BS!! NO MERCY! ONE GAME AT A TIME. ONE SERIES AT A TIME.
WE WILL CLOSE THEM ALL!!!
FIRST ROUND VICTIMS = DOS MAVS!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-24-13, 12:06 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
I think LBJ is what is wrong with America now!!!

I personally HATE LBJ the player with Passion (not LBJ the person) and he will always suck in my books. I have zero respect to him as a player. Not only because the NBA Commissh people want him to win it all every darn year to make the most revenue.... But also because he is the symbol of traitors who abandoned his original drafted (Cav) Team to join forces and others like Wade and BOSCH (who did similar thing)

LBJ and HEAT are Traitors and represent modern short cut to GLORY!

When they did the poll recently in the Finals, the majority of AMERICA would love to see the HEAT Lose even to a Spurs Team who not so many AMERICA like still....Why... Because there is a large segment of people in America who respect fighters, who respect those who rise to the challenge, who respect loyalty, and who respect someone WANTING to earn their way. That is what is missing in the LBJ and his HEAT 2 Championships.

We all remember those Lakers when they brought Karl Malone and The Glove to Shaq and Kobe. That year if they won it you might have heard the same thing from Americans.
Lebron was a free agent and played out his contract. at least he had the dignity to play out his contract. He did not demand a trade like a Kobe,Chris Paul, Dwight, or Carmelo. No one says anything bad about them?

Cleveland failed to get him another top 50 player in the NBA. They had 7 years to do it. Why would he stay.

Last edited by scarlet; 06-24-13 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-24-13, 12:29 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Who cares about those CP3, Dwight, or Carmelo. They have not won any championships yet on their own. LBJ is different. He is LE Hype.

Cleveland went to the finals several times but LBJ failed to lead that team because of issues with him being not able to lead a team period!

IT IS ON BABY!!!!SPURS PO TO DIE FOR!
PHENOMENAL TOTAL CONTROLL WITH SPURS BASKETBALL!
LETS DO IT BABY! NO BS!! NO MERCY! ONE GAME AT A TIME. ONE SERIES AT A TIME.
WE WILL CLOSE THEM ALL!!!
FIRST ROUND VICTIMS = DOS MAVS!

Old 06-24-13, 02:46 PM
SpursReport Team Member

My thing is, how can you hate someone you don't even know? Hate is a very strong word. Now I hate child murderers,rapist, terrorist...stuff like that. But that's just how I was brought up. He's done questionable stuff,but nothing he's done warrants HATE. Too many folks worry about little stuff that doesn't mean anything. I'm pretty sure he takes care of his kids and family,so that's cool in my book. Yeah I dislike the fact his team won, but if he was on the Spurs or anywhere else... We and whoever else would love him. But that's just world is. My 2 cents.
Old 06-24-13, 03:07 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
My thing is, how can you hate someone you don't even know? Hate is a very strong word. Now I hate child murderers,rapist, terrorist...stuff like that. But that's just how I was brought up. He's done questionable stuff,but nothing he's done warrants HATE. Too many folks worry about little stuff that doesn't mean anything. I'm pretty sure he takes care of his kids and family,so that's cool in my book. Yeah I dislike the fact his team won, but if he was on the Spurs or anywhere else... We and whoever else would love him. But that's just world is. My 2 cents.
Yet people still hate lebron more than Kobe.
Old 06-24-13, 03:17 PM
SpursReport Rookie

My hate for LeBron is based mostly on how he carries himself. I used to like LBJ in Cleveland until his last couple years when he started to act as though he was bigger than the game. Dancing on the sidelines, showing up your opponent, and basically disrespecting the game. The stories that come out about this dude rub me the wrong way too. How he sends steaks back to the kitchen if it isn't cut up for him or how his entourage treats him like he's God's gift. The "decision" was just the cherry on top of the POS that is LBJ. Maybe we live in an age where too much information is available to the public and we learn way more than we need to about public figures. Maybe the Jordan's, Magic's, and Bird's would be exploited just the same if they played in this era. I've got tons of respect for LBJ's game as he is a special talent, but I really really really despise his character, or lack thereof.
Old 06-24-13, 03:48 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Attitude is everything...

I don't hate Lebron, but like others, I don't like how he carries himself and some of the decisions he has made. I do admit that he is the best player out there right now, but still lacks a lot of what past champions/superstars had imo like Jordan and Magic.

I think the dislike for him obviously began after his nationally televised "decision" to go to the Heat, which was D. Wade's team. This was seen as an easy way out instead of following in past superstars steps where they willed their team to win at all costs. They accomplisehd this by working on their games in the offseason (James worked on commercials and still couldn't shoot), leading by example, and continued to lobby management on building a championship team. He was more concerned with being an icon (i.e. going on 60 min talking about wanting to be a billionare, etc) instead of a winner. On top of all this, the celebration after signing with the Heat about winning 6+ rings definitely didn't help his image.

After all that hoopla died down and he finally won last year, I actually didn't mind him as much, but then the attitude, flopping, and crying began. What's even worse is his new thing that he references when he does interviews where he plays down how he isn't suppose to even be here according to statistics where he grew up and that he is blessed and has no worries. The way he says it though is basically meant to be a slap in the face to all of us normal folks who have to do a 9-5 and do have worries/bills, etc.

So this year, I think a lot of people got back on that bandwagon of not standing him again because of this. I personally can't see how he can be so smug after this series where basically everyone knows the Spurs gave them the victory, not the other way around. And common sense seemed to elude sportscasters when they forgot that Tony was hurt most of the series (especially in game 7 no matter what Tony doesn't want to share) and Green was sick in game 7 and the Spurs still came within 2 of tying the game to go to overtime. Yes, the mighty Heat might have won it all... but it was because of what the Spurs didn't do moreso than them being so great. The "Chosen One" won't ever admit this though and will continue to be his smug self.
Old 06-24-13, 03:49 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUTH View Post
My hate for LeBron is based mostly on how he carries himself. I used to like LBJ in Cleveland until his last couple years when he started to act as though he was bigger than the game. Dancing on the sidelines, showing up your opponent, and basically disrespecting the game. The stories that come out about this dude rub me the wrong way too. How he sends steaks back to the kitchen if it isn't cut up for him or how his entourage treats him like he's God's gift. The "decision" was just the cherry on top of the POS that is LBJ. Maybe we live in an age where too much information is available to the public and we learn way more than we need to about public figures. Maybe the Jordan's, Magic's, and Bird's would be exploited just the same if they played in this era. I've got tons of respect for LBJ's game as he is a special talent, but I really really really despise his character, or lack thereof.
Good points and I agree.
Old 06-24-13, 04:41 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by montgod View Post
I don't hate Lebron, but like others, I don't like how he carries himself and some of the decisions he has made. I do admit that he is the best player out there right now, but still lacks a lot of what past champions/superstars had imo like Jordan and Magic.

I think the dislike for him obviously began after his nationally televised "decision" to go to the Heat, which was D. Wade's team. This was seen as an easy way out instead of following in past superstars steps where they willed their team to win at all costs. They accomplisehd this by working on their games in the offseason (James worked on commercials and still couldn't shoot), leading by example, and continued to lobby management on building a championship team. He was more concerned with being an icon (i.e. going on 60 min talking about wanting to be a billionare, etc) instead of a winner. On top of all this, the celebration after signing with the Heat about winning 6+ rings definitely didn't help his image.

After all that hoopla died down and he finally won last year, I actually didn't mind him as much, but then the attitude, flopping, and crying began. What's even worse is his new thing that he references when he does interviews where he plays down how he isn't suppose to even be here according to statistics where he grew up and that he is blessed and has no worries. The way he says it though is basically meant to be a slap in the face to all of us normal folks who have to do a 9-5 and do have worries/bills, etc.

So this year, I think a lot of people got back on that bandwagon of not standing him again because of this. I personally can't see how he can be so smug after this series where basically everyone knows the Spurs gave them the victory, not the other way around. And common sense seemed to elude sportscasters when they forgot that Tony was hurt most of the series (especially in game 7 no matter what Tony doesn't want to share) and Green was sick in game 7 and the Spurs still came within 2 of tying the game to go to overtime. Yes, the mighty Heat might have won it all... but it was because of what the Spurs didn't do moreso than them being so great. The "Chosen One" won't ever admit this though and will continue to be his smug self.
I feel you on that. All that is, is character issues and maybe a little upbringing and the folks he hangs out with. Imagine if he was a Spur and kicked it with Duncan and co.? He's always been the star, high school, Cleveland. He use to kick it with Shaq. If you hang around drug dealers and criminals, most likely you'll be one too. Just didn't get enough @$$ whoopins'! Everyone has some sort of character issues, he just magnifies them with his poor judgement. Maybe if he treated things as serious as game 6-7, he'd be just fine, but his character overrides brain!
Old 06-24-13, 05:42 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I don't "hate" the guy. But I dislike his attitude and I root against him. He is the best player on the planet, hands down. But as for why I dislike him, I don't know. How about . . .

1) the decision
2) his (and Bosh/Wade's) arrogance in asserting they would win at least six or seven titles
3) his bad attitude and sense of entitlement in dealing with the Cavs organization and coaches (Silas, Brown)
4) his grandstanding (e.g. the block on Tiago)
5) his whining to the officials
6) related to #5, his lack of effort when he doesn't get a call he wanted (happens dozens of times a game).
Old 06-24-13, 06:29 PM
SR Team Goof

Like everybody else, I have my own opinion about the word hate. I don’t hate Lebron James as a person, but I do dislike him because he’s an opponent of the Spurs. I would imagine there are folks in Miami who feel the same way about TP and TD, and sometimes use the word ‘hate’ but I don’t think they really mean it. I think my dislike comes from the fact that LBJ is a very good ballplayer, if not the best the generation has seen to date, and as I said before, is an opponent of the Spurs. The same can be said about Shaq, Kobe, Anthony, Howard and the list goes on. I may have a dislike for some that might extend beyond the basketball court, only because they open their mouth to broadcast their immaturity or do things in public that might damage the image of a professional basketball player. Some of these guys are whisked out of high school, given big bucks and thrust into the spotlight and called celebrities and expected to conform to certain standards while they are in the fast lane of life. Sometimes it’s their fault when they f**k up; sometimes it falls on their team for not ‘schooling’ them in the ways of the NBA. Enough of my ranting.

I just like to think of my dislike for these players the same as how some of these players react in their lives with their opponents, off and on the court. Take TP for instance, he and Chris Paul, I understand, are best buds off the court, but after the opening jump ball, they become ‘opponents’ and battle each other to the very end of the game. Then afterwards, they meet, hug each other and go about their lives.

No, I don’t hate Lebron James but I do have a dislike for him on the court. And I won’t be a hypocrite, if he wore the silver and black, I’d love him.
Old 06-24-13, 07:06 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Like everybody else, I have my own opinion about the word hate. I don’t hate Lebron James as a person, but I do dislike him because he’s an opponent of the Spurs. I would imagine there are folks in Miami who feel the same way about TP and TD, and sometimes use the word ‘hate’ but I don’t think they really mean it. I think my dislike comes from the fact that LBJ is a very good ballplayer, if not the best the generation has seen to date, and as I said before, is an opponent of the Spurs. The same can be said about Shaq, Kobe, Anthony, Howard and the list goes on. I may have a dislike for some that might extend beyond the basketball court, only because they open their mouth to broadcast their immaturity or do things in public that might damage the image of a professional basketball player. Some of these guys are whisked out of high school, given big bucks and thrust into the spotlight and called celebrities and expected to conform to certain standards while they are in the fast lane of life. Sometimes it’s their fault when they f**k up; sometimes it falls on their team for not ‘schooling’ them in the ways of the NBA. Enough of my ranting.

I just like to think of my dislike for these players the same as how some of these players react in their lives with their opponents, off and on the court. Take TP for instance, he and Chris Paul, I understand, are best buds off the court, but after the opening jump ball, they become ‘opponents’ and battle each other to the very end of the game. Then afterwards, they meet, hug each other and go about their lives.

No, I don’t hate Lebron James but I do have a dislike for him on the court. And I won’t be a hypocrite, if he wore the silver and black, I’d love him.
BINGO! That's what I was waiting for.
Old 06-24-13, 08:58 PM
Spartan Moderator

I hate him because he is the opposite of what the Spurs organization and players (especially Tim and Big Dave) are about. He's arrogant, flashy, disrespectful, feels entitled, and goes by "King James". The whole "The Decision" thing was so over the top ridiculous and arrogant. He once had a birthday cake made for his own birthday party that cost several thousand dollars and had real jewels on it. He's an ass.