News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-13, 04:23 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Video: Season Recap: Coach Pop Spoke earlier today!

Great Season Recap Ten Min long interview earlier today!

Pop was casual and in a Real Good Mood!!

Season Recap: Coach Pop | video | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE SAN ANTONIO SPURS

Pop is just reflecting on how we were all hurting We had an opportunity to get a Championship and it should hurt. But in time it will dissipate in some. We feel satisfied about their effort as a TEAM and GROUP.

He is proud of all of them even those who were in the training camp and never were on the field.

It was to be this close to a Championship then let it slip away! He said the opportunity was there...And we missed it.
But it is not the LAST!!!!

Conf Finals last year and Finals this year.

I really LOVE how Pop gave a LOT of CREDIT to RC and his staff then to Chip and Chad who helped the players!!! This is a very good compliment to mention RC tried hard to bring in few players and I know he will be working so hard with his staff this off season to make things happen again!!!!!

Pop mentioned that Kawhi might or might not go to the USA basketball but Pop needs to talk to the doctors before he sends him to see if Kawhi can do it.

Pop told the team: "If this is the worst thing that happened to them they will live an easy life" And Pop hopes that is the worst thing they had to face life is going to be quiet easy for them!!!!

Pop reminded the big thee, TD, TP, and Manu How they did that 4 times and how hard it is to be there!!!!! Why not try to do it again. They will give it the best effort...

IT IS ON BABY!!!!SPURS PO TO DIE FOR!
PHENOMENAL TOTAL CONTROLL WITH SPURS BASKETBALL!
LETS DO IT BABY! NO BS!! NO MERCY! ONE GAME AT A TIME. ONE SERIES AT A TIME.
WE WILL CLOSE THEM ALL!!!
FIRST ROUND VICTIMS = DOS MAVS!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-22-13, 05:31 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

Tnx!
[email protected]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-22-13, 05:59 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Pop told the team: "If this is the worst thing that happened to them they will live an easy life" And Pop hopes that is the worst thing they had to face life is going to be quiet easy for them!!!!

SOME fans need to come to grips with this, it stings now but this is reality there.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-22-13, 08:02 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

"Pop mentioned that Kawhi might or might not go to the USA basketball but Pop needs to talk to the doctors before he sends him to see if Kawhi can do it.

Pop told the team: "If this is the worst thing that happened to them they will live an easy life" And Pop hopes that is the worst thing they had to face life is going to be quiet easy for them!!!! "

I only have a one word reply. Perfect.
Old 06-22-13, 08:25 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Man I am sick of the Pop love show, look with less than 30 seconds on the clock and you decide to play for a 2 for 1 is ridiculous. Run the clock out we're up 5 and we have the ball. Burn that clock, get your offense set and try to get 2, if not the Heat have less than 10 seconds to score 5 points EPIC mistake 1. Starting the 4 period with TD on the bench after have 30 pts through 3 AND LJ,Wade on the court EPIC mistake number 2. Look at the Heat in game 6 up 4 with less than 30 seconds, set offense and score GAME,SET,MATCH! This is the worst CHOKE JOB I've seen since Manu fouled Dirk with less than 10 seconds on a drive when we were up 3 in 2006 WCF.
Old 06-22-13, 09:36 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Man I am sick of the Pop love show, look with less than 30 seconds on the clock and you decide to play for a 2 for 1 is ridiculous. Run the clock out we're up 5 and we have the ball. Burn that clock, get your offense set and try to get 2, if not the Heat have less than 10 seconds to score 5 points EPIC mistake 1. Starting the 4 period with TD on the bench after have 30 pts through 3 AND LJ,Wade on the court EPIC mistake number 2. Look at the Heat in game 6 up 4 with less than 30 seconds, set offense and score GAME,SET,MATCH! This is the worst CHOKE JOB I've seen since Manu fouled Dirk with less than 10 seconds on a drive when we were up 3 in 2006 WCF.
I am not going to disagree how Pop made few mistakes here and there especially in the finals games 6 and 7 down the stretch. There is always a reason for Pop's moves some don't get it from looking at him, but it should make sense. Maybe he over reacted and that is because he was super cautious or being sometime overly careful. I would still take Pop over any coach in the NBA now or at any time. He is still the best coach out there and will continue to be. You should see other coaches and how they play their teams before you can judge Pop for such mistakes.

Pop did overall the Best he could have done with what he had!!!!

As Pop mentioned in the interview at the end how LONG it had been since he and the Big Three had been in the finals That was since 07 which is Six Long Years..... Not to mention this was a challenge to Pop since the starters were different guys. Danny Green and Kawhi were playing very good during the regular season and the Western Conf Rounds but never had they been to the Finals as well as a lot of our other Spurs players who pop cautiously played very little minutes!!!

Bottom Line: To me the first three games Spurs were all healthy and comfortable won game 1 and Game 3 then they went down after that mentally because as I recall Tony played game 3 half of the game very well and then he was slowed down at the middle of the game with that Hammy thing.... Then after that Pop and TP had a very long discussion and I BELIEVE that was the most pressure Pop had to deal with his MVP is not as quick as he is and ALL his game is BASED on that TP Quickness so we lost a HUGE irreplaceable ( That is why Pop so much needs to have a back up to TP ready by next Playoff ) So that broke Pop's SCHEMES and Spurs came up short on OFFENSE and therefore lost the last two games by few points since they were trying to pull it as a TEAM but that was not enough since the HEAT were the HEALTHIER at home with a lot of talent to throw at us....

Don't worry guy, this was a good STING and preparation for next year Pop will have these troops ready and get that Championship JOB DONE!!!!

IT IS ON BABY!!!!SPURS PO TO DIE FOR!
PHENOMENAL TOTAL CONTROLL WITH SPURS BASKETBALL!
LETS DO IT BABY! NO BS!! NO MERCY! ONE GAME AT A TIME. ONE SERIES AT A TIME.
WE WILL CLOSE THEM ALL!!!
FIRST ROUND VICTIMS = DOS MAVS!

Old 06-23-13, 03:25 AM
The Master Baiter

Well, game 6 was one of the most improbable comeback wins in NBA history, and it wasn't all due to Pop. The Spurs missed FTs, the Heat went small in those last possessions, TP was injured, Manu was crap, the Spurs couldn't hit shots...I mean yes Pop probably should have had Tim in there for rebounding on that game tying 3, but there were so many other factors as well. This was a game that would have been a win 90% of time, but it seems like the Spurs defied all odds to lose (winner of game 3 wins series most of time, winner of game 5 wins series most of time, etc.)
Old 06-24-13, 01:10 AM
Herman Cain of the board

they choked plain and simple