News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

View Poll Results: Would Stephen Jackson's shooting and defense have helped beat Miami?
Yes 11 31.43%
No 20 57.14%
Maybe 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-13, 09:56 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Poll: Could Stephen Jackson have helped?

Wondering what fans think?

Yes, we all know he was released, but the last time we saw him in the playoffs, he was one of the only Spurs shooters who didn't disappear and who brought toughness and experience to the floor, so it begs the question...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-22-13, 10:26 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

HE was slow as molasses. How could he have helped with the apparent lack of speed and athleticism he displayed throughout this season and in last year's playoffs? We lost because Tony could not run for the entire game and instead had to pick and choose when to impact the game.

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-22-13, 04:25 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Jack reminded me of Mario Elie back in the day, though. He could turn on that toughness and scoring in the playoffs.
Old 06-22-13, 06:35 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

I still maintain that Jack would have ended up in a mysterious incident at a Miami nightclub. :drummer
Old 06-22-13, 06:41 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

If anyone followed his twitter account they would answer no..... He thought he dominated practice, I wasn't there but it didn't translate to a game situation.

Mario and Bob may have saved their best for the playoffs but they showed a hint of what was to come... SJax didn't.
Old 06-22-13, 10:40 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpur View Post
Jack reminded me of Mario Elie back in the day, though. He could turn on that toughness and scoring in the playoffs.
Very well put!
Old 06-22-13, 10:46 PM
Administrator

No, he couldn't keep his frustrations under control. He would have cost us many games.
Old 06-22-13, 11:06 PM
The Amazing!

His offensive contributions would have been limited but he's another big body to but on LBJ. Even more import then that he would have brought some "nasty" to the team when they needed it most.
Old 06-23-13, 02:08 AM
The Master Baiter

This always gets me going. This team didn't have a lack of toughness. This team just didn't hit shots when they needed them, same as last year, and they lost last year too, in many close games. Even without the attitude problem, Jack is a streaky shooter who would shoot you out of games, his defense was overrated (I don't think he would have guarded Lebron better than KY or Diaw), and you could tell he was freelancing during the games and not sticking to game plans. Then, you throw in the attitude and he was an absolute cancer for this team.
Old 06-24-13, 02:19 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
This always gets me going. This team didn't have a lack of toughness. This team just didn't hit shots when they needed them, same as last year, and they lost last year too, in many close games. Even without the attitude problem, Jack is a streaky shooter who would shoot you out of games, his defense was overrated (I don't think he would have guarded Lebron better than KY or Diaw), and you could tell he was freelancing during the games and not sticking to game plans. Then, you throw in the attitude and he was an absolute cancer for this team.
He was your small ball stretch four to use in the Miami series. What seemed like a very deep team actually wasn't. Losing him didn't hurt until they got to the Finals in my view.
Old 06-25-13, 05:51 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I say yes but only because he can become a game changer on the psychological aspect of play. I didn't see anyone on our side really getting physical to the point where the HEAT would have thought twice about roughing up our players. Obviously the Heat are no strangers to dirty play/flagrant fouls. In the end anyone's strength is also their weakness. The reason Lebron threw Nazr down IMO is because Nazr got in his head. Jack would have brought that edge for better or worse. There is nothing wrong with a little retaliation to throw your opponent off their game. That is where Jack would have most likely made a difference in the match up against the Heat. When we first got T-Mac I originally thought we brought him in to account for one thing, elbows to his opponents face.
Old 06-25-13, 12:13 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURSGIRL4Life View Post
The reason Lebron threw Nazr down IMO is because Nazr got in his head. Jack would have brought that edge for better or worse. There is nothing wrong with a little retaliation to throw your opponent off their game. That is where Jack would have most likely made a difference in the match up against the Heat. When we first got T-Mac I originally thought we brought him in to account for one thing, elbows to his opponents face.

:applause

I would have liked to have him.