News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-22-13, 01:45 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Danny Green's Tweet

Danny Green: Got give credit to Miami...but don't think for one sec I was out celebrating with them...jus happened to be at the same place, wrong time Twitter @DGreen_14
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-22-13, 08:13 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Danny Green partying with the Heat?!.

@TheSportsHernia: I don't care if Danny Green is friends with LeBron, partying with the team that just denied you a ring is strange: http://t.co/vyhyCW3MrW"
Old 06-22-13, 08:20 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Sorry... Posted already.... Tho not sure I believe Danny.
Old 06-22-13, 11:29 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I'm cool with it. Once the season is over, live life a bit - then get back to work.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-22-13, 11:32 AM
The Master Baiter

They're friends, it's just a game. It's not like he's going to get a ring or something.
Old 06-22-13, 02:37 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Yea... I don't see the big deal either. It's just a game... they're friends. Whether he "just happened to be at the same place" or not... People so funny nowadays... I guess since we lost we're supposed to be mad at them or something, lol! I wouldn't necessarily think just because he's at the same club they're celebrating together...but I'm sure they spoke.
Old 06-22-13, 04:33 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

In the mix of the celebration I can see how Danny was bummed after the game and went there but ran into Miami Heat party guys. Nothing wrong with that.

I know Danny was pretty stressed out after that devastating loss and so was everyone on the Spurs team so I don't know except Danny was feeling he needed to have some time off after all the stress and Pop left them in Miami overnight so I don't see anything wrong with that.

The problem was that Miami is not that big of a city so to go to a place and not expect to run into other celebrities that is not a coincident. Oh well.... I am sure Danny never meant that to happen on purpose though....
I asked them if it wasn't too much trouble, if I wasn't being too pushy, if they could execute what we were trying to do. And if it didn't make them too angry, if they also wanted to play some defense on the other end, that would be great.
--Gregg Popovich!
Old 06-22-13, 10:37 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchwarmer View Post
I'm cool with it. Once the season is over, live life a bit - then get back to work.
I understand that its just a game, but partying right after you had the most heartbreaking loss of your career, makes me question his heart and work ethic.

Take Lebron for example, when he lost to Dallas he did not leave his house for 3 weeks. I'm sorry but if all our players had the "Its just a game" mentality, we can kiss next years ring goodbye.

He literally saw the trophy vanish in front of his eyes, and his first reaction is to party? Now that I think about it he probably went partying after game 6 and 5, that would explain his shiity performance.
Old 06-23-13, 08:31 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet View Post
I understand that its just a game, but partying right after you had the most heartbreaking loss of your career, makes me question his heart and work ethic.

Take Lebron for example, when he lost to Dallas he did not leave his house for 3 weeks. I'm sorry but if all our players had the "Its just a game" mentality, we can kiss next years ring goodbye.

He literally saw the trophy vanish in front of his eyes, and his first reaction is to party? Now that I think about it he probably went partying after game 6 and 5, that would explain his shiity performance.

Scarlet, you said it PERFECTLY.
Old 06-23-13, 02:21 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

What ever!
Old 06-23-13, 05:15 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Good grief. I have no problems with a guy going out and having a good time after working his tail off so hard all season. Heck, I don't even care if he does it with the other team. Nobody I think has any basis to question greens competitive fire.

It's another professional sports franchise, not a terrorist sleeper cell.
Old 06-23-13, 05:18 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

They are saying that because it's called tampering... not that Lehype would get in any trouble if he did it or not. FDS

Old 06-23-13, 05:19 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

LeBron James says Spurs' Green did not party with Heat

Old 06-24-13, 01:13 AM
Herman Cain of the board

they lost and who cares.
Old 06-24-13, 09:42 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Think of some of the ultimate competitors out there.. old school OR new.. Jordan, Bird, Kobe, Duncan... did you see those guys "going out" after a loss like that? F* No.
Old 06-24-13, 10:48 PM

You think Jordan didn't party, win or lose?
Old 06-24-13, 10:58 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Oh he partied alright. I lived in Chicago all those years.

But not after a heartbreaker. Sorry Grizz, but I guess we don't agree on this one!
Old 06-24-13, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthousandaces View Post
Oh he partied alright. I lived in Chicago all those years.

But not after a heartbreaker. Sorry Grizz, but I guess we don't agree on this one!
When did he lose?