SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Should NBA start handing fines to refs bad calls? (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/119965-should-nba-start-handing-fines-refs-bad-calls.html)

scarlet 06-21-13 12:54 PM

Should NBA start handing fines to refs bad calls?

In order to an end to the bad officiating.

1. Home teams gets to bring their own team refs.
2. Home team gets fined a significant amount for every call bad call that favors the home team.

I think NBA is losing a lot of money due to people thinking the league is fixed. I don't know if it is true or not but I think this rule would kill all the conspiracy theories. I mean they started fining for flopping so why not bad calls; which is way worse than flopping.

ThomasamohT 06-21-13 01:09 PM

They sort of already do, it's just done in the background. If you blow too many calls, you just don't get to ref. last night we got the best of the best and I thought they were extremely fair (and at times I thought they were in the spurs favor).

Also how does a home team getting to bring their own refs make things fair? Do you think we would win any game in LA if this were to happen? This would just ensure that the rich always win unless you made the fine ridiculous. If that happened, what happens when a poor teams refs blow a call? The system we have is like democracy, it may not be the best but it's the best we've got.

scarlet 06-21-13 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasamohT (Post 1300594)
They sort of already do, it's just done in the background. If you blow too many calls, you just don't get to ref. last night we got the best of the best and I thought they were extremely fair (and at times I thought they were in the spurs favor).

Also how does a home team getting to bring their own refs make things fair? Do you think we would win any game in LA if this were to happen? This would just ensure that the rich always win unless you made the fine ridiculous. If that happened, what happens when a poor teams refs blow a call? The system we have is like democracy, it may not be the best but it's the best we've got.

To solve this problem you should fine exponentially.

1st bad call- 50,000
2nd bad call - 100,000
3rd bad call - 200,000
3rd bad call - 400,000
4th ball call - 800,000
5th bad call -1600000

therefore the rich team can only afford to really make 3 or 4 more bad calls than a poor team.

ThomasamohT 06-21-13 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlet (Post 1300600)

therefore the rich team can only afford to really make 3 or 4 more bad calls than a poor team.

Unfortunately the best teams have already bought the best refs so the bad teams are working with lower quality refs. The poor teams will thus be paying the higher fines because they just aren't good enough.

This still hasn't solved the problem of poor officiating and has only made the problem worse.