SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   JJ Reddick and Al Jefferson - You're Welcome (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/119962-jj-reddick-al-jefferson-youre-welcome.html)

pessimist 06-21-13 10:03 AM

JJ Reddick and Al Jefferson - You're Welcome

Cut ties with Neal and Splitter. Usher in JJ Reddick and Al Jefferson. Let's roll.

grizzly_bexar 06-21-13 10:31 AM

Seriously? Those are not bad players, but I don't see how they help. We lost to the heat because they were more athletic. We don't fix that by getting less athletic and mobile. We lost to the heat because they bottled up our outside shooters. We don't fix that by getting a little less mobile, less athletic guard.

WILLTHETHRILL 06-21-13 10:38 AM

I knew a white player would be thrown in here. JJ? What a joke.

MRJONESIII 06-21-13 01:05 PM

J.R. Smith and Jefferson

tenthousandaces 06-21-13 10:14 PM

If we are going to beat OKC and Miami, we'll have to go bigger (in terms of clutch play) than J.J. Redick.

tabspur 06-22-13 12:01 AM

I like Jefferson, and yet am leery of him at the same time. I'd rather the Spurs stay with going after undervalued players, rather than overvalued. I wouldn't touch JR Smith with a ten foot pole. I'd take a Corey Brewer type over JR Smith for the Spurs.

ThomasamohT 06-22-13 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pessimist (Post 1300542)
Cut ties with Neal and Splitter. Usher in JJ Reddick and Al Jefferson. Let's roll.

I'd go for reddick but no thanks on Jefferson. He's a black hole that doesn't play defense.

TRUTH 06-22-13 06:56 PM

I think Reddick would be an upgrade on Danny Green. He was the man at Duke, so he is used to defenses adjusting to him and will take the big shots during games (unlike Danny who shrunk as usual).

I like Jefferson too, but I think he will command a lot more than we can afford. I'd say pick up a Phoenix big like Gortat or Scola. They want out of that losing situation and are within our budget.

clovisnmspurfan 06-22-13 07:18 PM

Green is a defensive player first. I don't see how J.J. would be an upgrade.

TRUTH 06-22-13 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan (Post 1300729)
Green is a defensive player first. I don't see how J.J. would be an upgrade.

You are completely right in the defensive abilities of Green. I guess I was talking in terms of clutch play during the playoffs. All I'm saying is that we don't have a pure shooter in on our bench aside from Bonner and Neal, and you've seen what they bring. It would be nice to have a pure shooter who's accustomed to big moments and I don't necessarily mean Reddick.

truebeliever 06-23-13 09:07 AM

Agreed

Agreed!! Jefferson needs the ball and does not pass out to shooters. He would stall out the offense. Splitter knows the offense and knows the System.

Uwe Blab 06-23-13 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truebeliever (Post 1300789)
Agreed!! Jefferson needs the ball and does not pass out to shooters. He would stall out the offense. Splitter knows the offense and knows the System.

But Jefferson actually scores on the block. You run 4 down specifically for him. I'm not sure where the black hole thing comes from either, he passes out just fine. He's not a Tim Duncan, but there's only one Tim Duncan. Splitter is a good passer, but he's timid and soft, and that's why he passes out to shooters.

DDAMAGE 06-24-13 12:55 PM

Reports: Utah Jazz may let Al Jefferson test free agency

Reports: Utah Jazz may let Al Jefferson test free

clovisnmspurfan 06-24-13 01:16 PM

Truth, I see you point on J.J. I just think that with a little time and experience Green can increase his offensive game.