News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-21-13, 02:52 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Tim's Quote Of The Finals

Ben Golliver: "Game 7 is always going to haunt me." -- Tim Duncan Twitter @blazersedge
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-21-13, 02:55 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Chris Tomasson: Manu Ginobili on what was said in Spurs locker room after game: "Nothing. Not much. We were all very sad.'' Twitter @christomasson
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-21-13, 10:34 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpur View Post
Ben Golliver: "Game 7 is always going to haunt me." -- Tim Duncan Twitter @blazersedge
It will it's human nature. But players like Magic and Bird.......it fueled them to come back stronger.
Old 06-21-13, 10:38 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

it sades me read this and another quotes from timmy, the way he puts the blame on him...

40+ minutes, coming from that game 6 too... for shure he was tired to dead at the end... but seeing the replay, its seems he put more energy than needed in the shot and in the tip in... i bet it was his giant heart and will what was fueling him those last minutes, maybe thats why he cant put finesse on that shots ...

but cmon, put all the blame on himself..what else can do at his age and with one leg against that heat team and worse, with the no show from major part of his teammates???
Old 06-21-13, 10:53 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

If Ginobili is so disappointed that he will consider retirement — he will be 36 in a few weeks — he would not say. “It's not the moment,” he said. “I'm very disappointed. Very upset. I really can't say anything.”

Game 6 memories return to haunt Ginobili - San Antonio Express-News
Old 06-21-13, 10:55 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I feel bad for Tim but impressed at how he brought it for these last few games. I hope he has at least another year left like this. Because next year, I have a feeling that Leonard will rise up and not let anybody down.
Old 06-21-13, 11:42 AM
Herman Cain of the board

"In my case, I still have Game 6 in my head," Ginobili said.
Old 06-21-13, 12:51 PM
Spurs #1 cheer leader

I feel especially bad for Timmy. To be that close to a ring & come away empty...

Stay thirsty my friends.
Old 06-21-13, 01:19 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

I could not watch last night after 1.2 second because it is too painful to see.

I just watched Timmy D in that after game interview.. It just broke my heart. Because we know Timmy worked so hard on the last year off season to get in shape and all year long he put in AMAZING HOF career numbers yet this team fell short again this year!!! It is just a killer moment!!!

I am just hoping RC and the FO would put in a HUGE EFFORT this off season to UPGRADE some of the KEY KEY KEY bench players that we were missing this PO.

Tim should feel PROUD of what this team still ended up accomplishing despite falling short of Championship.

TD and Tony were All NBA TEAM nominated!
TD and Tony were ALL STAR Selected!

Spurs are the 2013 WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP

There has to be so many variables that happen to get another championship and I see us getting close but we have to besides TEAM Chemistry and winning regular season games AND PO games...HEALTH!!!!!!! AND some Luck!

This HEAT team were not the best team. They just got so lucky and it was just meant in the books for them to get everything fall for them... Yes they have a great player MVP James but their team is not the best team in the NBA.

That shot from Ray Allen changed the complex of the entire game. = LUCK

That injury to Tony Parker DESTROYED the Spurs!!!

I know Pop sat down with Tony after Game 4 loss and explained to him that the risk is there. Tony insisted to work on that Hammy and come back to play. It is what it is. TP took those chances and POP did not have nay other alternative except to play TP because Pop did not have anyone else ready to back TP in such dangerous Finals...

The HEAT were the beneficiary of the so many wins in the regular season vs EASTERN Conference weak teams and getting the HCA that was huge... Spurs did not have that...... The HCA was a very tough thing to lose.... ESP in the finals.

Nothing to be sad anymore if you realized that HEALTH was the reason Spurs were slowed in the very last part of this GREAT PO run.

We came up short but within only few seconds. Just like an OLYMPIC MARATHON and it just ended. It is that competitive and it is that crucial to have your MVP healthy.

Nothing that Could have been done that Timmy or Manu or TP or anyone else on that Great Spurs Team.

"It is what it is"!! And we move on to RELOAD for next year.

I know that after they get some mental and physical rest in few days, TD and TP and Manu and all Spurs would just realize it was just not meant to be with Tony's injury.....

Tony was the Engine.
Timmy as all Spurs were all riding on Tony #9!!!
When Tony got that Hammy injury I felt as if Knife in my stomach stabbing....

Look no further than #9 to come back with STRONGER year next year and with the Front Office putting more talented guys, Spurs will be right there!!!

I am not counting this Spurs Team out of the Championship range in the next yet and #21 should not give up on this team.

The HEAT were not the best team and they won. They had their MVP healthy and it rolled for them at the end.

I believe the HEAT are not going to be the same next year.... There would be no other team that could beat the Spurs if they get RELOADED and come back next year IMO.

Don't be sad Timmy We all are proud of what this team did and know that it just not as easy as it was years ago. Pop and RC and the FO will find a better way for our Spurs to compete next year. I am not mad anymore. I am just hoping POP and RC Work this heart this off season to bring us better players they have to. I know Pop and RC are more mad than players. I saw RC's face and I was like... Dang. He feels worse than anyone of us.....

It is what it is.

This off season will be a CROSS ROAD for our Franchise. They have to do something.. They fell short for so long since 2007!!!!!!

This has to end with something. Pop and RC and our FO has GOT to find a way!

Go Spurs Go!!!!1
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!

Last edited by spurscrazed; 06-21-13 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-21-13, 05:41 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Old 06-21-13, 08:50 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Great, trying to feel better today and then read that there Gam 7 will always haunt him I hope one day he remembers the good times too! This being more recent stings in the now, but man one day I have a feeling he will look back on his career and smile.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-21-13, 08:58 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Game 6 still haunts me but that's a whole different post. It is so irritating to hear how the Heat won game 7 and no one recognizes the real truth of the matter of how the Spurs were in it till the end with two hurt/sick players (Parker was obviously hurt... Rose said he had no lateral movement because of pain but only straight ahead type ability - and Green was sick), and an exhausted Duncan who played 40 min. How does that paint a picture of Lebron's greatness? If Parker was at full strength the whole series, we would have won it in possibly 5 or 6... when we were suppose to win it. SMH....

I just hope Pop and company make some moves and come back stronger next year. Its definitely a possibility to see them back in the Finals next year looking at who is in the West.