News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-13, 11:56 AM
There is only 1 Ginobili!

A Backup Guard who has triple threat skills so much that the Spurs don't have to over rely on Manu or change their offensive sets because of limited skill set. I give you UFA Shaun Livingston:

Quote:
Livingston, who has a 6 ft 11 in (2.11 m) wingspan,[4] is tall for point guard standards (6 ft 7 in (2.01 m))
Quote:
In 43 games with the Cavaliers, Livingston is averaging 7.4 points, 3.5 assists, and shooting 50 percent from the field. He knows his limits. He doesn’t attempt 3-pointers (just one this year). He uses his length to back down smaller defenders and he uses his reach to score layups.

The summer will decide whether Livingston is making more than a temporary stop in Cleveland. He has gained the confidence of his coach, Byron Scott, who has worked him into the team’s regular rotation.

“I think in the right situation, the one thing with Shaun, you don’t want him to have to play heavy, heavy minutes,” Scott said. “He would be great with us, next year coming off the bench at that 15-minute mark. I think he could play four, five, six more years in this league. He’s one of those guys that does a little bit of everything for you.

“When we first got him, all the negative things that you heard was he can’t defend. He can’t do this. He can’t do that. But what he can do is he can help lead a team. He can run an offense. He’s got unbelievable size at the point guard position. He can play three different positions and a lot of stuff that they said he couldn’t do, I found out that he could do.

“I love the fact that when a guy comes away from the injury like he had, and to be able to come back and participate in this league and play at a high level, that shows a lot about what he’s all about, a lot about his character and a lot about his heart.”

Livingston says he’s at peace. He always will be identified first with his injury and then his comeback. He realizes that stardom likely will never come, but good health has.

“I’m about as close to 100 percent as I am going to be,” he said. “And I’m good with that.”

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-22-13, 02:13 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

T. Evans to help Parker since Manu is fading. Give Manu a lesser role.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-22-13, 04:14 PM
SpursReport Team Member

am i the only one that thinks we should see what we can get for danny green? his stock wont ever be this high, maybe a team is stupid enough to give us a lottery pick for him!
Old 06-22-13, 05:38 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakemxcan View Post
am i the only one that thinks we should see what we can get for danny green? his stock wont ever be this high, maybe a team is stupid enough to give us a lottery pick for him!

I'm with you.
Old 06-22-13, 06:39 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

I'd let Green go if I get talent for him.

I want Maresse Speights. A big who has range and plays tough D.
Old 06-29-13, 10:39 PM
SR Team Goof

There are some very interesting free agents out there who could fill some of our key vacancies if our primary FA targets are committed to other teams and we cannot make the trades we want and we have a little cap left. They might be gotten for cheap:

Corey Brewer, 6'9" (defensive player)
Earl Clark, 6'10" (late bloomer for LA)
Mike Dunleavy, 6'10" (outside shooter looking for a winning team)
Cole Aldrich, 6'11" (Aron Baynes twin??)
Maro Belinelli, 6'5" (shooting guard)
Tony Allen, 6'4" (defenive guard)
Old 01-20-14, 11:20 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Will, you keep calling Splitter a bit player (which is true), but that's exactly what Milsap is too. He's not some hidden talent wasting away in Utah.
How is Millsap doing????????
Old 01-20-14, 11:22 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasamohT View Post
Thanks for pointing out what I was trying to do with numbers. The 2 are comperable in just about every area. If milsap was a all-nba player I would be the first to dump splitter for him. I'd dump splitter for Marc Gasol, Dwight Howard, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love! Shoot maybe even David Lee. But Milsap has been in the league 7 years and Has never averaged 9 rebounds per game. His stats show that he has regressed the past 3 years. Meanwhile Tiago has gotten better all 3 years he's been in the league. That's why I'd take Tiago over Milsap.
Still want Tiago? Tiago gets paid more too FYI!
Old 01-21-14, 03:22 AM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
How is Millsap doing????????
Come on man. He's on a mediocre team and Horford is out for the season.
Old 01-21-14, 11:44 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Come on man. He's on a mediocre team and Horford is out for the season.
He expanded his game. He is now a 3 point threat too. Face it he is better than Tiago and for less money.
Old 01-22-14, 02:36 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
He expanded his game. He is now a 3 point threat too. Face it he is better than Tiago and for less money.
He is better at some things, still not a C and he is undersized as well! He would be a good PF or backup Pf here. Splitter is better on D and other things as well. They are completely different players. Millsap would be good at the right price, doubt we get him though without giving up a few key parts.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 01-22-14, 10:27 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
He is better at some things, still not a C and he is undersized as well! He would be a good PF or backup Pf here. Splitter is better on D and other things as well. They are completely different players. Millsap would be good at the right price, doubt we get him though without giving up a few key parts.

Who cares if he is not a center. I don't want Duncan chasing PFs at the age of 38 up and down the floor. Face it pretty much the whole board was wrong about Paul Millsap.
Old 03-24-14, 08:27 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Will, you keep calling Splitter a bit player (which is true), but that's exactly what Milsap is too. He's not some hidden talent wasting away in Utah.
2014 NBA ALL STAR. I rest my case
Old 03-24-14, 08:29 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Still want Tiago? Tiago gets paid more too FYI!
lol
Old 03-24-14, 09:51 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Whether people were wrong or not it was a pipe dream..... Milsap was not coming to the Spurs so he is not the better fit for us.

He is not thinking about more money this year he is looking at being the man somewhere and working on his next payday.
Old 03-24-14, 10:51 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
2014 NBA ALL STAR. I rest my case
Haha, you think you're right, that's cute. Milsap is the best player (because Horford is injured) on a mediocre team, in an even more mediocre conference. He got on the All Star team because, frankly, who else is there from the east? Look at the list from the east, and then look at the list from the West. The West had to snub at least 5 players that are 10 times better than Milsap.

Either way, I wasn't pro-Splitter or anti-Milsap. I just don't think either is above average.
Old 03-25-14, 06:27 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Haha, you think you're right, that's cute. Milsap is the best player (because Horford is injured) on a mediocre team, in an even more mediocre conference. He got on the All Star team because, frankly, who else is there from the east? Look at the list from the east, and then look at the list from the West. The West had to snub at least 5 players that are 10 times better than Milsap.

Either way, I wasn't pro-Splitter or anti-Milsap. I just don't think either is above average.
Hey you're better than Choppsboy. I will give you that. I know that's not saying much...lol And YES! I am right!!!
Old 03-25-14, 09:44 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I live rent free in the head of WILLTHETHRILL
Old 03-26-14, 05:31 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:

I understand your point... But you have to be a pretty solid player to be an all-star, lack of surrounding talent or not ... If you put splitter on the same Hawks team, he doesn't make the all-star team... Granted he is a center... But he just isn't that good.

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 03-26-14 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-27-14, 07:02 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
I live rent free in the head of WILLTHETHRILL
Oh yeah add Tyreke Evans to your $300 million payroll masterpiece for your San Antonio Spurs roster as SR GM chumpboy........lol
Old 03-27-14, 07:03 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
I understand your point... But you have to be a pretty solid player to be an all-star, lack of surrounding talent or not ... If you put splitter on the same Hawks team, he doesn't make the all-star team... Granted he is a center... But he just isn't that good.
AND makes more money!(Splitter)
Old 04-05-14, 09:06 AM
SpursReport Team Member

If we can get Pau Gasol for a good price, I'll take him next to Duncan.
Old 04-05-14, 09:20 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Gasol will command a salary north of $15m and I can't imagine he'll offer a significant discount to chase a ring he already has.
Old 04-05-14, 12:09 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdon View Post
Gasol will command a salary north of $15m and I can't imagine he'll offer a significant discount to chase a ring he already has.
He's not even remotely worth that, and only LA would be willing to pay that ridiculous price tag. And NY is strapped for cash with they're overpriced players. Maybe the BRK owner. Pau price I believe is under Duncan, maybe worth 8-9 but no more with his injury history and age.
Old 04-05-14, 05:14 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Here is a list:

NBA free agents in 2014 and 2015 - ESPN

P.s. Miami's gonna lose half its roster, looks like.
Old 04-05-14, 05:18 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Imagine Thabo Sefolosha playing next to Kwahi He's up for grabs.

I also like Aaron Brooks a lot. Guy is a pro and plays with heart, but we have way too many guards. (Then again, Patty Mills is unrestricted this summer.

Please no JR Smith!
Old 04-06-14, 10:41 AM
SR Team Goof

Of those on the 2014-2015 unrestricted link Guapo provided above, these are the players who got my immediate interest because of their availability. Based on how the Spurs playoff finish and their Spurs player resigning efforts, here's my wish list:

Shaun Livingston -- 6’7”, 28, PG: Has regained his potent passing/shooting skills since his knee injury; Manu-like in ways in his offensive form

Spencer Hawes – 7’1”, 25, C: I’ve always liked him; board banger and has gotten better each year while in NBA

Aaron Brooks -- 6’, 29, PG: Mills like in that he’s a pest on defense, in your face type; can provide instant offense off the bench in event Spurs can’t resign/lose Mills

Greg Oden – 7’, 26, C: Spurs were interested in him once, maybe again. Could be used as an intimidator if anything; would be interested to know what Spurs think about him now

Jason Smith -- 7’, 28, C: Another intimidator who can shoot from 15’ but could be prone to injury; he’s a big

Thabo Sefolosha: 6’7”, 29, SG: Good defender, passer and I heard Spurs had him high on their list but he was drafted early

** I believe the Spurs need to extend the contracts of Leonard and Belinelli immediately and resign Patty Mills and Boris Diaw. Diaw is a toss-up, again dependent on the Spurs draft selections and free agent shopping. For some reason, I think the Spurs are going to get a surprise in the draft, either on their pick or trade.
Old 04-06-14, 12:42 PM
The Master Baiter

If they don't win this year, it's going to be because of OKC and their athletic length on defense. I don't know how the Spurs getting lumbering bigs or another defender is going to fix that. If anything, they need consistent shooters to hit from the mid to long range. Bellinelli looks like he's useless when a team makes a point to prevent him from shooting 3's, and then he doesn't hit when he's open.
Old 04-06-14, 03:34 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Of those on the 2014-2015 unrestricted link Guapo provided above, these are the players who got my immediate interest because of their availability. Based on how the Spurs playoff finish and their Spurs player resigning efforts, here's my wish list:

Shaun Livingston -- 6’7”, 28, PG: Has regained his potent passing/shooting skills since his knee injury; Manu-like in ways in his offensive form

Spencer Hawes – 7’1”, 25, C: I’ve always liked him; board banger and has gotten better each year while in NBA

Aaron Brooks -- 6’, 29, PG: Mills like in that he’s a pest on defense, in your face type; can provide instant offense off the bench in event Spurs can’t resign/lose Mills

Greg Oden – 7’, 26, C: Spurs were interested in him once, maybe again. Could be used as an intimidator if anything; would be interested to know what Spurs think about him now

Jason Smith -- 7’, 28, C: Another intimidator who can shoot from 15’ but could be prone to injury; he’s a big

Thabo Sefolosha: 6’7”, 29, SG: Good defender, passer and I heard Spurs had him high on their list but he was drafted early

** I believe the Spurs need to extend the contracts of Leonard and Belinelli immediately and resign Patty Mills and Boris Diaw. Diaw is a toss-up, again dependent on the Spurs draft selections and free agent shopping. For some reason, I think the Spurs are going to get a surprise in the draft, either on their pick or trade.

Random points:

I think Oden has proven that he will not regain his form from those three micro facture surgeries. Thabo makes a lot sense on both ends of the court. With Ayres under contract I would not add Smith. I like Brooks on the court but he visits strip clubs too much from what my source says. Hawes would make a lot of sense but I don't think they will have the funds to get him here. Livingston took a while to recover from that horrible knee injury but is looking much more healthy.
Old 04-07-14, 08:08 PM
SpursReport 2010 Pick The Winner Champion

I´d take a look at

Jimmer Fredette
Spencer Hawes
Al Farouq-Aminu
Thabo Sefolosha
Greivis Vasquez
Gordon Hayward

Re-sign our unrestricted /try for a sign and trade with Red Rocket

Side note: Crazy to see Garrett Temple still in the NBA
Old 04-11-14, 05:33 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Not sure if attainable, but Greg Monroe is a RFA and a good young low post prospect.

Old 04-12-14, 03:54 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

we need a keenneth faried Type of sparkplug... ideally in jeff ayress or taller body...
The Spurs won because of Tim Duncan, a guy I could never break. I could talk trash to Patrick Ewing, get in David Robinson’s face, get a rise out of Alonzo Mourning, but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored and then say, “Hey, Shaq, watch this shot right here off the glass.” Shaquille O'Neal on Tim duncan.
Old 04-16-14, 07:17 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I take back my Gasol want and I'd take Greg Monroe. Dude is pretty nice.
Old 04-17-14, 12:06 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Besides Monroe, the next person on the list that stuck out to me besides Gasol was Blatche even though he's not the brightest of the bunch

Old 04-17-14, 02:16 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
If we can get Pau Gasol for a good price, I'll take him next to Duncan.
The Lakers and Gasol are both lukewarm about reuniting. The Lakers will not pay Gasol near the $19.3 million he made this season. Despite Gasol’s versatility, the Lakers also believe his best years are behind him. Gasol will not return if he fields offers from championship-caliber teams and/or D’Antoni is retained. Still, Bryant’s support and Gasol’s affection for this franchise could ensure he has not expended his nine lives with the Lakers.

ALSO...

The Lakers and Kaman are expected to part ways by mutual agreement.

The Lakers: Who’s staying? Who’s going?
Old 04-20-14, 06:57 PM
SpursReport Team Member

How did I miss Gortat?