News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-13, 11:04 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

The official "I'm over it, lets get ready for the next season" thread

Where do we start? Who do we draft? Who do we sign??
Old 06-20-13, 11:19 PM
SpursReport Team Member

If we want to compete next year, we will need to sign at least 2 stars that aren't currently on the roster.

Ginobili is done as far as I can tell.

It's time to make sacrifices and bring some new stars on board.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-20-13, 11:25 PM

Dare I say, Is Dwight an option? Is that enough to bring us back to the finals?
Old 06-20-13, 11:34 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I was hoping that Adam Hanga would be brought in to back up Danny Green and replace Manu but it appears Hanga is about to sign a 4 year contract in Spain. I just hope his contract has an NBA buyout clause. As mentioned above, the Spurs also need a big with good hands and footwork besides Duncan and Diaw. Who backs up Kawhi, I don't know. I think Corey Joseph may be ready for Backup PG with this past season under his belt. I don't know what the Spurs expect out of DeColo and Baynes but I don't think it is much.

Last edited by Spurd_On; 06-20-13 at 11:40 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-20-13, 11:37 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Love My Spurs, way to show heart,play hard, and leave everything on floor...
Old 06-21-13, 12:04 AM
Herman Cain of the board

They have pretty good cap space. I don't see Splitter and Bonner on the team to be very honest. That's about 9 million in dead cap space to me even if Tiago came back on his qualifying offer. Which he will get more but that's the low end. Bonner has an affordable buyout. SJax's contract is off the books. Blair is gone. So they will have some money to play with. Title won or 0-82 record you press on no matter what. But without frontcourt help next season.........The Spurs will be at 4 championships for a long time to come. They need a tall beast under the basket.
Old 06-21-13, 12:48 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Manu will be back. Probably a 2 year deal, with a team option on second. I don't see them releasing Bonner, unless they have some sort of a deal worked out before June 29 to sign or trade someone. Even though they can't officially sign anyone by then. Splitter is iffy. He probably lost a little money in the finals, but it wouldn't surprise me if he priced his way off the Spurs. Hanga would have been a nice add. And now, Davis Bertans tore his acl last week as well. That puts him on ice probably another year or 2. Not sure whats going on with Lorbek. I would hope for big strides from Nando and Joseph, and obviously Kawhi just keeps getting better. I think Timmy has another year or 2 left in him. With his conditioning, and his type of game, he still can play a big time role for us. If Splitter goes, we will need another big. We may need another one anyway. I also think we need a few guys who can put the ball on the floor and create. We really had just Tony and Manu. I'm sure Kawhi will continue to get better at it, but a few swing players with that type of ability would help. Green and Neal are what they are. Spot up shooters, capable of occasional in between game or a floater. Neither has the ability to create off the dribble, for themselves or others.

This series was a heartbreaker. It was going to be a tall order to win game 7. We lost this series in game 6, when we all but had the Tshirts printed.
Old 06-21-13, 01:09 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Game 6 will haunt us until the season starts next year:....
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Old 06-21-13, 01:12 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSPURS View Post
Game 6 will haunt us until the season starts next year:....
But it will always sting.
Old 06-21-13, 01:16 AM
The Master Baiter

Manu needs to be signed at the vet minimum or only slightly more and he needs to realize that he's degraded to that point. He wasn't injured, so there's no excuse this time. The problem I see with resigning him is that Pop will play him no matter what, and Manu will push to get on the court. I think at this point, the Spurs need to move on.
Old 06-21-13, 01:18 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Manu needs to be signed at the vet minimum or only slightly more and he needs to realize that he's degraded to that point. He wasn't injured, so there's no excuse this time. The problem I see with resigning him is that Pop will play him no matter what, and Manu will push to get on the court. I think at this point, the Spurs need to move on.
Ok so re-sign or sign and trade him or renounce him totally? What's your final stance?
Old 06-21-13, 01:21 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Manu was our third best player on the court in game 7, in which we had a chance to win down to the final minutes. In a road game... Against the best player in the world.... He went for 18-3-5. I doubt he signs for the vet minimum. There will be teams out there offering him 5, 6, 7 million. My bet is that he resigns here for around 5, or just under.
Old 06-21-13, 01:24 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabspur View Post
Manu was our third best player on the court in game 7, in which we had a chance to win down to the final minutes. In a road game... Against the best player in the world.... He went for 18-3-5. I doubt he signs for the vet minimum. There will be teams out there offering him 5, 6, 7 million. My bet is that he resigns here for around 5, or just under.
I don't see him leaving. Holt said before he wants to "die" with the Big 3 or something to that wording. He will be offered around 4-5 million per. Funny they want him at 1 million per and RJ at 11 million per was fine?lol
Old 06-21-13, 02:29 AM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabspur View Post
And that was only his second good game of the entire playoffs, and he still had some ill timed turnovers in the 4th quarter. He'll get signed for more, but he's only worth the vet min.
Old 06-21-13, 07:36 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Sorry...this ones a hard loss to just get over it so fast...
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Old 06-21-13, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSPURS View Post
Sorry...this ones a hard loss to just get over it so fast...
Hell yeah it's hard but what are you gonna do about it? It's over, move on lets get their again!
Old 06-21-13, 09:30 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

i hope manu sign at max, similar contract to diaws one... around 4mill

i think the most needed is athletic SF heavier than our kawhi or one of those hybrid PFs like josh, odom etc... not a supestar but at least reliable one... someone able to punish teams for guard tony with bigger player and help kawhi on heavier players and/or timmy with faster tall guys......

and define playmaker for 2nd unit other than manu, cory? mills? decolo? other?... and focus on develope him... or trade for better option...

time to think about manu like last years brent barry, finley, etc...
The Spurs won because of Tim Duncan, a guy I could never break. I could talk trash to Patrick Ewing, get in David Robinson’s face, get a rise out of Alonzo Mourning, but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored and then say, “Hey, Shaq, watch this shot right here off the glass.” Shaquille O'Neal on Tim duncan.

Last edited by JuanCaca; 06-21-13 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-21-13, 10:30 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Manu needs to be back, but he needs to fill a role like Shane Battier, Ray Allen, Mike Miller did for the heat.

But yeah, I am over it. Excited about the future with what our stars still have left in the tank and what kawhi brings to the table as a budding star.