News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-20-13, 11:51 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Great Overall Season - Thank You Spurs

Regardless of tonight's outcome the Spurs had a fantastic season and the future is bright.
Old 06-20-13, 11:52 PM
Spartan Moderator

We had our chances.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-21-13, 12:00 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I don't think that we can beat Miami next year, unless we can't acquire Howard.

Yes Kawhi will be better, but Manu and Duncan is getting older. Tony was in his max this season and can't expect more next year. Green is Green, not sure that he can improve a better ball handler or can gain penetration talent.

We were our best and we can't be better with this roster next year.
Old 06-21-13, 12:01 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Tough to swallow, but my main man Kawhi just showed how great he will be. The future is still very bright! Thank you Spurs for the amazing season!
Old 06-21-13, 12:04 AM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

Great season indeed!
Let's get back next season with a vengeance!
[email protected]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-21-13, 12:09 AM
SpursReport Rookie

So are the spurs going to be Kawhi's team for the next few years.
Old 06-21-13, 12:17 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I raise my glass to the Spurs. Actually, I have never been more proud of them. Duncan and Parker show no signs of not being able to show up again next season and Kawhi is becoming awesome. Danny Green, Diaw and Corey Joseph have done nothing to shake my confidence. I am hoping to see Manu next season but not as a deciding factor as he was used in these Finals.
Old 06-21-13, 12:58 AM
Herman Cain of the board

I don't see this as a positive. They will kick themselves for this till the age of 50. I know I would. Unless they get a big force down low the Big 3 won't win again. Maybe you can say well they did better than what they were supposed to finish but it's a gut shot. They didn't recover enough. Proud of the season but a bitter pill to swallow at any level. Player, coach, fan etc.
Old 06-21-13, 01:49 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
I don't see this as a positive. They will kick themselves for this till the age of 50. I know I would. Unless they get a big force down low the Big 3 won't win again. Maybe you can say well they did better than what they were supposed to finish but it's a gut shot. They didn't recover enough. Proud of the season but a bitter pill to swallow at any level. Player, coach, fan etc.
Why stop at 50?
Old 06-21-13, 01:57 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
Why stop at 50?
True I think Tony said 10 to 15 years before the game if they lost.
Old 06-21-13, 02:06 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

It's hard to get that Championship...I really wish deep down they would have got that Game 6, and yes we will always remember that loss as the worst one in Spurs History..

But you really gotta look at the positives of this year..

Making it out of the West and playing a Mia team that won 26 games punch for punch!!!

I know it hurts but you gotta step back and see how great this Sours team was this year....I'm bring honest...I don't think I ever wanted a team to win more then this team...but it was such a crazy exciting ride you gotta give them props for that...

Hopefully everyone will be back and we have some $$$ to spend to make one last run...
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Old 06-21-13, 02:12 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Proud of the Spurs and proud to be a fan. Class organization with the type of players that are willing to work hard and put the egos aside for betterment of the team. If this is the end, or at least or last finals, then it was a hell of a run. I will root for the Spurs whether it's a 50+ win Duncan team or a 20 win Dominique Wilkins team. GO SPURS GO!!!
Old 06-21-13, 02:29 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUTH View Post
Proud of the Spurs and proud to be a fan. Class organization with the type of players that are willing to work hard and put the egos aside for betterment of the team. If this is the end, or at least or last finals, then it was a hell of a run. I will root for the Spurs whether it's a 50+ win Duncan team or a 20 win Dominique Wilkins team. GO SPURS GO!!!

well put
Old 06-21-13, 02:51 AM
SR Team Goof

Gallant effort by the Spurs tonight. I know the final results of game 6 are playing on their minds but in time, this will pass. It’s all history now and it was another magnificent season by the silver and black. And now our sights should be looking forward to building for next year. Get some rest guys, it’s well deserved. Thanks for a wonderful year.
Old 06-21-13, 09:04 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Thank you Spurs for a great season.

We have a bright future. We will be contenders.

I am very proud of my team.

Go Spurs Go
Old 06-21-13, 11:53 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Absolutely. We played the Heat tough and in the end it was literally just one free-throw or one shot that was the difference in a series, And in one where we did not have the home-court advantage, that is tough to take. That shows how professional and gritty these guys are.
Old 06-21-13, 03:37 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

5 years ago, I would have been devastated and unable to recall anything related to this season with an ounce of happiness. This time around, because I didn't have high expectations of the season, even tho losing is dreadful, I could still remember some stuff of this journey fondly.

Like our sweep against Memphis.
Tim winning All NBA first team again
2 Spurs in the all star.

It was a good run, we're coming right back next season.