SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Dear Danny Green (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/119949-dear-danny-green.html)

ibanezsr 06-20-13 09:20 PM

Dear Danny Green

Until you practice your creating off the dribble please only shoot threes. This also includes fast breaks as you are horrible at finishing on those too. Appreciate the threes and defense though!

gwilly101 06-20-13 11:05 PM

Agreed. Also Ginobili needs to shoot more. He forced passes several times when he was open. A missed shot is way better than a turnover as it gives a chance for a offensive rebound and takes away a chance for them to run.

WILLTHETHRILL 06-20-13 11:44 PM

Green got away from what he was doing. Yeah they got on his butt more but he needed to play his game and he didn't play his game the last two games.

Alamo Girl 06-20-13 11:48 PM

Danny green withdrew all the money he deposited in the bank.

WILLTHETHRILL 06-21-13 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alamo Girl (Post 1300457)
Danny green withdrew all the money he deposited in the bank.

You can only blame him so much. He did what he could. Only thing was he got out of his game. He had a strong point and you nail them with it. He got away from what made him effective the last two games.

Uwe Blab 06-21-13 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL (Post 1300466)
You can only blame him so much. He did what he could. Only thing was he got out of his game. He had a strong point and you nail them with it. He got away from what made him effective the last two games.

Yeah, they basically guarded him, he didn't "get away" from his game, they took it away. The first 5 games, he was able to get open, but they concentrated on him in 6 and 7. That's what happens when 3pt shooters aren't open, they don't shoot very well. That's Bonner doesn't hit as many in the playoffs. Everyone knows he can only shoot the 3.

WILLTHETHRILL 06-21-13 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1300482)
Yeah, they basically guarded him, he didn't "get away" from his game, they took it away. The first 5 games, he was able to get open, but they concentrated on him in 6 and 7. That's what happens when 3pt shooters aren't open, they don't shoot very well. That's Bonner doesn't hit as many in the playoffs. Everyone knows he can only shoot the 3.

He drove more this game than the rest of series combined. He made plenty of contested 3's and ABC even showed a graphic on his threes. He did well even on contested ones. Games 1-5.

chad1 06-21-13 02:06 AM

Dear Danny,

Please spend the entire off season working on dribbling the basketball

Kager 06-21-13 04:55 AM

Dear Spurs fans,

I have a role and that role was taken from me by good defence and what should have happened is other players take the focus enough so I could again rain down a finals record of threes.

Having just lost the finals I am shattered and probably don't need your armchair advice at this point....

Regards,

Greenie.

MichaelWi101 06-21-13 07:16 AM

Let's be real, if he hadn't played as well as he did, the Spurs easily could have been swept. He had a great series and hopefully he'll be back next year stronger than ever and more focused.

ibanezsr 06-21-13 09:11 AM

I am not just talking about the playoffs. Green has always been pretty bad off the dribble and is one of the worst guards on the team when it comes to fast breaks. I like Green but he has plenty to work on.

grizzly_bexar 06-21-13 10:33 AM

Danny is a great dribbler. Don't you all remember that when he first made his mark with the Spurs, it was basically playing backup point guard due to Manus injury? He is just not a great driver and finisher. He will work on it and he will be back.

If Leonard gets aggressive with his drives, greens inability to drive won't make as big a difference.