SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   HOF Insurance Policy (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/119941-hof-insurance-policy.html)

sparey 06-20-13 11:32 AM

HOF Insurance Policy

It just may be time to cash in our insurance policy "T-MAC" what's 5-8 minutes
Can't get much worse than what happen. He's a big body, can handle the ball, and
How would Miami defend him. Hell no one has seen him play in years, what do we
Have to lose.

Please if I'm on crack let me know I just can't see how it will hurt!!!

MichaelWi101 06-20-13 11:41 AM

I was thinking the exact same thing. If you're going to give Bonner minutes, why not give a true pure shooter a few? Now granted T-Mac would be so hyped up he'd probably air ball his first shot, and if Pop resisted his yank em out impulse and let him settle into the flow, I think he'd be a benefit.

esparzar1 06-20-13 11:44 AM

Interesting idea, never thought about that, I guess it will depend on what unfolds during the game. I could see the Spurs bringing him in if they're getting blown out to give us a spark. Or vice versa, bringing him in to hold a big lead. I don't know if I see Coach Pop taking a chance if the game is close all night.

sparey 06-20-13 11:55 AM

This game should not be a blow out. I just can't
See how a few minutes with TMac would hurt
Especially in a close game. Keeping Manu at the
2 have Mac or TP or Neal run point with Diaw and splitter
Or Duncan. Lets see what happens. Either way
Spurs win!!

alh1020 06-20-13 12:15 PM

Why not. TMac hasn't really scored any points or given the Spurs much on the court except garbage minutes and with him being a streak shooter, what if making his first shot immediately put him in 'the zone' and if Neal and Green were on the court at the same time shooting well, somebody would be in trouble. Give Miami some heat and light 'em up.

Uwe Blab 06-20-13 12:57 PM

I don't think it will happen, and if it does it's because Pop is desperate, which would be a bad thing. But I think it would be interesting to keep him on for next year, because he's kind of like a point guard out there, and he's only 34.

tabspur 06-20-13 01:18 PM

I actually completely agree with Uwe on this one. Pop never, ever changes his rotational role players in an act of desperation. He is going to play with what we have been. If we lose, he will shrug his shoulders, and say the Heat were better. And, you would think if he did roll the dice a little, we would see Decolo or Blair before TMac. But I'd like to at least see Tmac in camp next fall.

alh1020 06-20-13 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1300322)
...But I think it would be interesting to keep him on for next year, because he's kind of like a point guard out there, and he's only 34.

If he's available for the cheap, I wouldn't mind. When the Spurs first thought about bringing him on board, I was against it. But he does have the experience and he 'knows' how to score. He just needs some time to really get into playing shape. And one thing I've learned that I didn't realize before, he's not a bad passer.

exit7 06-20-13 03:14 PM

So a player that wasn't on the team until the very end of the season, has played only in garbage time and limited at that, hasn't even scored a single point this season, is going to play tonight? In the last possible game of the NBA season? With the championship in the balance?

Look we had the game, the game plan pop put in place worked, and if we get one more rebound, or Kawhi hits both free throws the game is over. They need to stick with the plan, and maybe hit a few more threes. The Spurs know how to win against this team, and they will do it again. The only chance Tmac sees the floor tonight is if the spurs are blowing the heat out LATE in the fourth quarter.

WILLTHETHRILL 06-21-13 01:30 AM

TMAC not HOF

grizzly_bexar 06-21-13 10:49 AM

Unfortunately he came in too late in the year to really do anything for us. I hope we see him again encampment because he is what the league is moving toward. Long athletic wing players who can create pierced shot. As great as Duncan is, they have continuously changed the Rules during his time in the NBA to favor outside players over inside players.