News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-19-13, 04:03 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Game Seven Spurs Needed Adjustment!!!

Here are my suggestions and please add in yours!

To me Spurs and Heat both looking overly GASSED by the end of game 6 so I would put 50/50 on each to win it based on the players tolerance and most importantly coaching decisions in putting their best players to close it!!!!Needless to say this is it!Win or go Home!

Pop needs to say to all Spurs I want to challenge you all to play more aggressive and get it done. And to Tony that he needs to LEAD!

1. Back up PG = DEF not Manu! Manu will be much better playing SG as he excelled in game 5. Please Pop Rest TP more to keep him fresh at the end of quarters and put someone who can handle the rock as a PG and try to PACE the Spurs offense. And Spurs would have less Turnovers too. Maybe Pop plays Diaw or Joseph on PG..

2. REBOUNDING: Spurs can put more effort in GRABBING few extra rebounds esp down the stretch and they are right there...HEAT size is not that great and we can win rebounding if we put more effort in it.

3. Tim Duncan I would suggest Pop keep TD fresh to close the game in the second half rather than first half. We must have TD fresh at the fourth quarter play as much minutes as he can.

4. EXTREME PRESSURE DEFENSE will win Championship. No need to go more on this. NEED to play DEFENSE 48 hours of HELL SUFFOCATING D

5. This game is going to be all about PACE and HEART and PRIDE and CONFIDENCE and MENTAL FOCUS!!!!! PUT EVERYTHING on the FLOOR! DIVE for the loose ball. Put on your NASTY GAME FACE! Never trail...Those extra things. Every Possession, every rebound, every shot, every pass, every free throw, every three point.... EVERYTHING!!! DO OR DIE!!! DIE HARDER!!!!! DO IT! WHATEVER IT TAKES!!! DO IT! NEVER GIVE UP on any loose ball... DEFEND VERY VERY AGGRESSIVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is not impossible to win. Although it will be SUPER DIFFICULT!
It is doable and it will taste much better if Spurs win it all!!
BEST REVENGE and JUSTICE is SPURS WIN GAME 7 On the ROAD in MIAMI!!!!

We need to erase that game 6 loss and RISE UP to REBOUND!!!

I BELIEVE in my Spurs power of DETERMINATION to WIN IT ALL!
Spurs KNOCK the HEAT OUT!
HEAT have to go through my SPURS!!!!
SPURS WILL FIGHT BACK VERY TOUGH!!!
And Spurs are going to prove it they are the BETTER TEAM!!!

Go Spurs Go!

IT IS ON BABY!!!!SPURS PO TO DIE FOR!
PHENOMENAL TOTAL CONTROLL WITH SPURS BASKETBALL!
LETS DO IT BABY! NO BS!! NO MERCY! ONE GAME AT A TIME. ONE SERIES AT A TIME.
WE WILL CLOSE THEM ALL!!!
FIRST ROUND VICTIMS = DOS MAVS!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-19-13, 04:09 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Like your assessment...

The Secret weapon could be T-MAC. Seriously I know he's old but he's 6-7 tall and he can score. I know he is like 6 yrs past his prime but a lineup of Duncan, TP, Manu, Kwahi, and T-mac wud be awesome. Ok I'll stop the foolishness.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-19-13, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDAMAGE View Post
Like your assessment...

The Secret weapon could be T-MAC. Seriously I know he's old but he's 6-7 tall and he can score. I know he is like 6 yrs past his prime but a lineup of Duncan, TP, Manu, Kwahi, and T-mac wud be awesome. Ok I'll stop the foolishness.
I will trust Pop to make the needed rotation adjustment and this one Spoelstra will not have any time to answer. If TMAC is ready to play few min who knows.... I am down with that if Pop is.

Old 06-19-13, 04:23 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Free TMAC!

It would be great if Spurs went small with TMAC starting or off the bench leading 2nd unit. Imagine Heat with no game plan for him.
Old 06-19-13, 04:41 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Pop is too selfish to play Tracy. He'd rather Manu play like $h!t than try something like that. Tracy might even have enough weight and man strength to play post defense against Lebron. Start Parker, Diaw, Duncan, Leonard and Green. Second, Neal, Tracy, Manu, Tiago and maybe Joseph depending on who is on the court. Duncan, Diaw and Bonner can alternate depending on score, fatigue. That way the second group can have multiple ball handlers and shooters w/some rebounding.
Old 06-19-13, 05:12 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
Pop is too selfish to play Tracy. He'd rather Manu play like $h!t than try something like that. Tracy might even have enough weight and man strength to play post defense against Lebron. Start Parker, Diaw, Duncan, Leonard and Green. Second, Neal, Tracy, Manu, Tiago and maybe Joseph depending on who is on the court. Duncan, Diaw and Bonner can alternate depending on score, fatigue. That way the second group can have multiple ball handlers and shooters w/some rebounding.

I think your right Mr. Jones. Pop can be stubborn some times..
Old 06-19-13, 09:03 PM

Trends in this series that might affect Spurs' adjustments!

HEAT besides being so exhausted physically and emotionally from last night might also become too relaxed at home and come with that COMPLACENT attitude they came with Games 1 and 3 and 5 so far.

Here is one possible Weakness for the HEAT!

Next HEAT has struggled in shooting the rock from game to game mostly due to fatigue from the past game so far in this series. So Spurs ARE DUE to win game 7 according to HEAT trend of: L W L W L W ------:drummer

HEAT were also exposed in the last series with Indi with three categories they struggled with.

Rebounding- both offensive and defensive size of Indi gave HEAT trouble on both ends.

Perimeter shooting specifically from beyond the three-point arch. That goes with moving the ball and spreading the floor.

Defensive Ball Pressure The Heat’s defensive ideology is to put pressure on the ball so decent shots could be spread across the floor. Indiana was able to score high pick-and-rolls but that was because Miami put too much pressure on the ball handler and forgot about the other post players.

Hill and D.J. Augustin were probably effected more by the pressuring defense however they were on occasion able to find an outlet where they were comfortable and knocked down some buckets.

The dynamics of the system Miami uses is simply too good of a fit with the athleticism and quickness Miami has on their roster.

Old 06-20-13, 12:20 AM

Podcast Features Phil Jackson input on game 6 and game 7!!

http://www.nba.com/.element/mp3/2.0/...ast-061313.mp3

Hang Time Podcast (Episode 122): Game 7 Preview Featuring Phil Jackson

Hang Time Blog!

First you hear Rick fox comments. He said Spurs are very well coached and well equipped more than any team to play game 7 on the road and he feels good about Spurs winning.

Then Phil said he was surprised at the come back last night by Miami. Miami found a way to push it to OT. It was pretty remarkable.

Phil said TD on the bench to secure rebound end of game was a missed move by Pop. Then Pop maybe foul Bosh on rebound??? Questionable moves by Pop!!!!

Phil compared how Kobe won vs C's at the end come back and win...And someone else than LBJ had to step up as Meta World did in LA.

Phil also said that Screen Roll Defense San Antonio had the BEST except in that fourth quarter when LBJ took over!!!!!! Even with that LBJ had 3 Turn Overs that could have cost them the game. But they end up winning that game because of LBJ Willing his team!

REGARDING GAME SEVEN:

MAJOR thing is RECUPERATION about Spurs on the road!!!
He said Tony Parker was playing through injury!!!Took him a while to get going but he was HEROIC in the end!!!
Tim Banged his knee with Bosh and he is questioning if it is ok!!!?

HEALTH is the issue!

He said Miami is healthier! At Home rested!!!

Game 7 is about High Anxiety and NERVES!!!

We will see if it affects 3 pints shooting!!!!!!

Danny Green had wide open shots on 3 points and he did not make 5 minutes to go. Then Miami went on a Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????? We were surprised he did not make that!

Miller was a big shooter for them too.

They opted with Bosch and Chalmer Miller and Allen.

Ray Allen might not be a difference make with his shots.

And WADE on the bench to spread the court. Open Floor plan for LBJ? OR have LBJ on the bench???? Who will have open floor plan?

San Antonio can they come inside and will TD be healthy??

TD if healthy he can have big game to take Spurs on his shoulder.

Then phil talks about several things in the NBA

Towards the last few minutes phil talks that he would do the same thing POP is doing now to limit LBJ.

Phil said the BIG KEY was San Antonio had FOUR TURN OVERS the first game and that limited what MIAMI can run!!!!!!!!!!That was terrific on both ends.

Leonard did good job last night on LBJ so LBJ had only 18 Jump shots.

Phil said Spurs did a good job. But Spurs need to get the game into the 90's to win this thing.

WE SHALL ALL FIND OUT IF this ZEN MASTER is right!!!!!

Go POP with your finals PO game this year!!! Rock on Pop!

Old 06-20-13, 03:29 PM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

I don't understand what T-mac has shown you guys in his time on the court, that makes him seem like a viable option. He hasn't scored a single point that I've seen (could be wrong) and he's playing primarily against the opposing teams scrubs. He is a bench-warmer, and the only way the camera should show him, is if he happens to be sitting next to our starters on the bench.