News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-18-13, 11:35 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Why didn't they foul chalmers?

That's all I kept yelling before the play happened, because it would've been two instead of three if that.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-19-13, 12:22 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

You don't give away points. You trust your defense.

That strategy has worked for us for the most part.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-19-13, 12:52 AM
SpursReport Rookie

It was too early to foul Chalmers BUT foul Bosh with 9 seconds left instead of letting him get the pass to Allen.

I'm so miserable right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-13, 12:53 AM

I wouldn't foul Bosh, but it's a close decision. I don't think there was time to react to foul Bosh in that situation. By the time he had the rebound secured, no one was in a position to foul him before he got the pass off.
Old 06-19-13, 01:01 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I don't want to keep bashing Manu, but you get that rebound or you foul Bosh trying....we're up by 3!!!!! 2 ft's from Bosh is ok, we're still up 1 with under 10 seconds!
Old 06-19-13, 01:14 AM

Yeah, if you have Bosh locked up where he has the rebound, then I can see fouling him. But it was so fast I don't think there was time to react and foul him before he got the pass off.
Old 06-19-13, 02:38 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Knock Bosh down trying get the rebound. He makes 2 ft's, call timeout, get your ft shooters in the game and make Miami go the length of the floor to get a 3 to tie....Miami had no timeouts. Hell, foul them on the way down the court and give them 2 ft's......we had SOOOOO many ways to win this game, it's almost inconceivable that any team could lose in this situation, especially a team like the Spurs!
Old 06-19-13, 03:46 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad1 View Post
Knock Bosh down trying get the rebound. He makes 2 ft's, call timeout, get your ft shooters in the game and make Miami go the length of the floor to get a 3 to tie....Miami had no timeouts. Hell, foul them on the way down the court and give them 2 ft's......we had SOOOOO many ways to win this game, it's almost inconceivable that any team could lose in this situation, especially a team like the Spurs!
We did not have any timeouts. And your assuming we hit both free throws.

Spurs played good defense. Miami just lucked out. It is just part of the game. Hopefully next game we will play better and not be in this position in the first place.
Old 06-19-13, 02:19 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
You don't give away points. You trust your defense.

That strategy has worked for us for the most part.
It's the championship I'd rather give two than make the three they did