News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-13, 11:17 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Time to put on our big boy pants...game 7

Good game, had the chances and didn't execute in the 4th well. No negative vibes! Lets regroup and get ready for game 7!
Old 06-18-13, 11:21 PM
The Master Baiter

No, they're done. The chances of Tim giving you 30 and Manu not sucking are very slim. This was their only chance and they blew it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-18-13, 11:32 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
No, they're done. The chances of Tim giving you 30 and Manu not sucking are very slim. This was their only chance and they blew it.
I'm glad someone else sees it clear!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-18-13, 11:34 PM
Herman Cain of the board

it's not over but this hurts.
Old 06-18-13, 11:37 PM

Quote:
, you can't go in to game 7 thinking that. These two teams are here for a reason. We gotta take it and not just expect a win. This is what it's all about. Can't ask for more, I'm just as disappointed as any spurs fan but we have another chance to win it and that's all you can ask for
Old 06-18-13, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
it's not over but this hurts.
Thank you will, for once I agree with you. Yeah it hurts but we can't let it linger. Refocus and get ready for game 7, period!
Old 06-18-13, 11:40 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
Thank you will, for once I agree with you. Yeah it hurts but we can't let it linger. Refocus and get ready for game 7, period!
Spurs lost game six at home in 2005. It's not over.
Old 06-18-13, 11:46 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
We were at home for game 7 though.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-18-13, 11:47 PM

Quote:
True'dat, this will be the biggest challenge the Spurs have ever faced, like I said, time to put the big boy pants on!
Old 06-18-13, 11:52 PM
Spartan Moderator

I still believe! GO SPURS GO!!!

Old 06-18-13, 11:54 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
We were at home for game 7 though.
True but they battled back from a game six loss and being down in that game.
Old 06-18-13, 11:54 PM
The Master Baiter

Yeah, they've got another shot. But they played a long time, the game was emotionally draining, they went from almost celebrating a trophy to defeat just about every 2 minutes it seems like. You also had great games from Tim and KY that were wasted. Now KY may duplicate, but I doubt Tim will. And it's in freaking Miami.
Old 06-18-13, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Yeah, they've got another shot. But they played a long time, the game was emotionally draining, they went from almost celebrating a trophy to defeat just about every 2 minutes it seems like. You also had great games from Tim and KY that were wasted. Now KY may duplicate, but I doubt Tim will. And it's in freaking Miami.
All that much better when we win it!!! Oh ye of little faith. Keep your head up and trust the system. Time to pound on that rock!!!!
Old 06-19-13, 12:17 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Miami's got to be just as drained as the Spurs. They played big minutes too.

And they haven't beaten us twice in a row yet.
Old 06-19-13, 12:18 AM

Quote:
I dare you to go back to any game in this series and tell me it was predictable what we were going to get.

No single player has been consistent in this series with the possible exception of Kawhi.

They have all had their moments and they will have the same desperation as Miami had tonight.
Old 06-19-13, 12:44 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

We'll be fine.
Old 06-19-13, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyner View Post
We'll be fine.
+1. Still pounding the rock.
Old 06-19-13, 01:12 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Game 7 is a different animal. Either you rise up to the occasion or fold under the pressure. Even though the game slipped away tonight, we have the coaching staff and the personnel to shake this off and come prepared for game 7. It just comes down to effort and desire. How bad do the Spurs want it? We'll see what they are made of come Thursday. Go Spurs!!!
Old 06-19-13, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUTH View Post
Game 7 is a different animal. Either you rise up to the occasion or fold under the pressure. Even though the game slipped away tonight, we have the coaching staff and the personnel to shake this off and come prepared for game 7. It just comes down to effort and desire. How bad do the Spurs want it? We'll see what they are made of come Thursday. Go Spurs!!!
Preaching the TRUTH!!!!
Old 06-19-13, 07:55 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUTH View Post
It just comes down to effort and desire.
And execution, many times the spirit is willing but the body can't perform, game 6 was the Spurs best chance to win the series and they blew it.

Can they win a game 7? Yes. Will they? Only if somebody other than Tim or Tony steps up big, big time and leads the way. And for all those who have this blind faith that Manu will somehow become the Manu of 6 years ago, while I seriously doubt he will, I hope you're right.
Old 06-19-13, 08:25 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Yes....last night was a great chance to get our 5th

It hurts...no doubt!

But I know the Spurs know they still have a shot at there dream....to get a championship!

After last nights loss...it sets in....they will be right there in Game 7, and maybe we get a lucky bounce or a miss and get the W...

Like TP said....it's basketball! We have alternated wins the whole series...hopefully it continues!
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Old 06-19-13, 09:02 AM
Spartan Moderator

It's the Finals. It's supposed to be hard.

Old 06-19-13, 09:13 AM
The Master Baiter

I'm a little less down today than I was yesterday. So yes, each game is supposed to have its own identity, so the Spurs should just put this game out of their heads get ready for literally the last game of the season. I'm betting on a little complacency on Miami's part.
Old 06-19-13, 10:39 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

no way in hell miami gonna be complacent in game 7 of the finals...

their stars are younger, gonna get more energy next game than timmy and manu...
and they had 3 consecutive trips to finals plus allen is experienced at this stage as well, fact is, spurs are more inexperienced than miami, that gonna weight against us in game 7...

very hard... hope they overcome all.... go spurs go!!

Last edited by JuanCaca; 06-19-13 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-19-13, 12:27 PM

Every game the Spurs had to win this series they have won...

Every game the Heat have win this series...they have won...

Something has to give....and the way the Spurs respond after loses since December I like our chances!
Old 06-19-13, 12:32 PM
The Master Baiter

Also something to consider...the Spurs outplayed the Heat for all but maybe 10 minutes despite shooting poorly. I keep thinking and thinking, there's no reason the Spurs should feel down as a team.
Old 06-19-13, 12:53 PM

The Spurs are human....just like us they know they let a great chance slip last night....

But if in less then 12 hours from the loss and I am amped up and cant wait for Game to 7 to start they have to be even more up for the challenge...
Old 06-19-13, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Also something to consider...the Spurs outplayed the Heat for all but maybe 10 minutes despite shooting poorly. I keep thinking and thinking, there's no reason the Spurs should feel down as a team.

I completly agree, the Heat have maybe controlled the series IMO about 25% of the time (through 6 games). The Spurs can do this, the have been the better/more consistant team. Something has to give. I like our chances, it's about time you become optimistic lol
Old 06-19-13, 07:01 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Miami had to have a little luck at the end to win, we were the better team. Hopefully skill will overcome luck in game 7.
Go Spurs Go!
Old 06-19-13, 07:03 PM
The Master Baiter

Mentally, I think they'll be ready. I'm a little worried about losing steam in the end.
Old 06-19-13, 09:06 PM
SpursReport Team Member

We got this.

Old 06-19-13, 10:49 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Actually, I feel good about our chances. When ave the guys not stood up when they had to? Duncan will have another great game, and this time, so will TP, Danny and Kawhi! Spurs by 7?
Old 06-19-13, 11:24 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlate View Post
Actually, I feel good about our chances. When ave the guys not stood up when they had to? Duncan will have another great game, and this time, so will TP, Danny and Kawhi! Spurs by 7?
Thank you!

Me too. I was first doubting but now I am feeling positive!!

Especially after I read how Ray Allen was motivated to hit that 3 point buzzer beater when he saw the yellow tape of preparing for the ceremony.

Quote:
While pointing to the out of bounds area. Ray Said.

"Get that mo====fricking rope OUT OF HERE NOW"
And they did go.

While LBJ and all HEAT had never seen anything like that... I do solomnly believe now it was all in the heat of the moment and that HEAT caught a break. But rest assure Spurs will get back and fight harder game 7 and will not allow HEAT to come back to it.

Even HEAT fans left the arena early...

Spurs have nothing to fear. They need to play Spurs Basketball and they will get the W!!!

Go Spurs Go!

You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-19-13, 11:56 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyner View Post
We'll be fine.
You would hope and believe so! I am not buying my booze yet to celebrate though! Ahhhhh hell as if I needed a win to celebrate anyways ;)
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-20-13, 12:06 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Also, do the Heat believe they "got away with one"? I think they do, and that they Know the Spurs are a better TEAM. As Skip tweeted: 1,3,5,7
Old 06-20-13, 02:03 AM
SpursReport Rookie

The HEAT can not beat the SPURS twice in a row. We will be the first and the last to draw blood.

Last edited by SPURSGIRL4Life; 06-20-13 at 02:25 AM.
Old 06-20-13, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURSGIRL4Life View Post
The HEAT can not beat the SPURS twice in a row. We will be the first and the last to draw blood.

Yep!:applause

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-20-13, 03:00 AM

By the way here is the video where RAY ALLEN GETS MAD and says those words I put earlier

LMAO at Allen. He was super active in that fourth and OT. How did Spurs miss him and he was the one who won them that regular season game vs Spurs without the big three in Miami....?

Ray has sort of a Vendetta vs Spurs since BRUCE eliminated his team in the PO long time ago.

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-20-13, 07:52 AM
The Master Baiter

I think had they not had the trophy almost on the court and visible, the Miami Heat would have given in. Kind of like the supposed parade plans in the Pistons locker room gave them motivation to win game 6 in 2005. Really wish they wouldn't have done that.
Old 06-20-13, 08:12 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Spurs are winning tonight people. Another shot at redemption. Wade even less healthy going into game 7. I mean how do people not talk about that or the act that Miami is better with him off the court lol

Anyway, tony and Manu need to flip game 6 script and bring it tonight. Timmay will be a beast again but unlike game 6, will not fade in the second half. Need to see that spurs-like ball movement. If u do, it's a wrap. Contain Allen on the screens and give wade and bosh jumpers all day long. Absolutely need to rebound

- Confucius
Old 06-20-13, 09:16 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Redemption. Tonight.