SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Turnovers, turnovers..... Turnovers!! (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/119922-turnovers-turnovers-turnovers.html)

MRJONESIII 06-18-13 09:16 PM

Turnovers, turnovers..... Turnovers!!

WTF is with the crappy ass passing! Thank God Duncan is in "BEAST MODE!" Diaw is doing work and Leonard..... Is Leonard!

Uwe Blab 06-18-13 11:22 PM

Manu with several bad passes in the 4th.

MRJONESIII 06-18-13 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1300018)
Manu with several bad passes in the 4th.

Try the whole game!

JuanCaca 06-18-13 11:31 PM

manu with the L game.

WILLTHETHRILL 06-18-13 11:32 PM

free throws free throws free throws

grizzly_bexar 06-19-13 12:05 AM

This is one criticism I can get on board with.

The turnovers were what killed us. Manu has to be decisive and get to the rim, not try to pass through a double team or into a crowd.

Spurd_On 06-19-13 12:12 AM

Did Manu just set the all time NBA Playoffs record for turnovers?

grizzly_bexar 06-19-13 12:21 AM

If he didn't, he made an epic run at it.

chad1 06-19-13 12:25 AM

Manu SHOULD retire! I've loved this guy for a long time but he's done. Why did Pop stick with him that long in this game? I will always remember how close we came to a championship in 2013.

grizzly_bexar 06-19-13 12:30 AM

Game 5.

We win with Manu, or we lose with Manu. Period.

He's got another shot at redemption.

Spurd_On 06-19-13 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar (Post 1300094)
Game 5.

...and Pop has handed that opportunity to him on a silver platter.

chad1 06-19-13 12:43 AM

But game 5 was just one game. He didn't look like he COULD do it tonight. You know he wanted to it as much as anyone but he just couldn't will his body to deliver and when that happens he should be taken out of the game and he should retire....where were the floaters and the drives to the basket tonight? He looked to pass every time and Miami knew it which is why it was so easy to steal those passes. People can talk about Pop's coaching or missed FT's or rebounds, but Manu cost us this game....just half of the Manu we got in game 5 and we would be celebrating #5, but his body just can't do it!

grizzly_bexar 06-19-13 12:51 AM

I give you the turnovers on Manu. But to me that is all mental. He is driving sideways right into double teams and/or trying to thread the needle into traffic when we know the Heat is full of length.

But Manu had free throws with the Spurs up with under a minute left. I take those odds for a championship. He was battling Bosh for a rebound with seconds left. I want Manu's competitive fire in that situation. And he was driving with a chance to put the Spurs up with seconds left, after having defended Lebron into a miss. He was fouled. That's not father time. That's life in the big leagues.

We live or die with Manu.

Tonight, we died. But we live to fight another day. I'll take Manu on the court with seconds left in a close game 7.

thesuspence281 06-19-13 12:55 AM

How bout Green's disappearing act. 1-7 and 3 points. Not that he should be doing as well as he has but come on! Just another thing that the spurs didnt do well. 5-18 overall from 3. SPurs wont shoot that badly again from 3 in game 7 imo

chad1 06-19-13 12:55 AM

9 points 8 turnovers.....THAT's father time!

TRUTH 06-19-13 01:03 AM

No doubt that Manu had another terrible game. 8 TOs is inexcusable. Ill advised 3s are inexcusable. He looked passive again (5 shots total) and didn't attack and didn't move the ball with purpose. With that said, I fully expect Manu to play with that "anger" he brought in game 5. We don't need him to do much. We just need him to do enough - which is take care of the ball and be aggressive.

The thing I am seeing is that he's passing after leaving his feet. I'm not so sure if it's because of the Heat's athleticism or if it's a bad habit he's developed recently, but if he just gives some fundamental passes, it will cut down his turnovers a lot.

chad1 06-19-13 01:06 AM

Manu doesn't lack anger or intensity, he lacks youth! It happens, not to Duncan yet Thank God, but it has happened to Manu and it's not just based on one game....

TRUTH 06-19-13 01:15 AM

So you think Manu's resurgence in game 5 was an anomaly? Who's to say he can't muster up one more decent game? Like I said, he doesn't need to have a crazy game. He just needs to do enough. Cutting down on TOs, which requires no athleticism, is a start.

chad1 06-19-13 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRUTH (Post 1300126)
So you think Manu's resurgence in game 5 was an anomaly? Who's to say he can't muster up one more decent game? Like I said, he doesn't need to have a crazy game. He just needs to do enough. Cutting down on TOs, which requires no athleticism, is a start.

If there was even one other game we could point to like game 5 I would say it was not an anomaly, but there isn't. I got sucked in by his performance in game 5 and I kept waiting all night to see just a glimpse of it tonight but he just COULDNT do it. It's not his fault, we just all unfortunately get old and as much as I hate to think about not seeing Manu play anymore, he's done!

Man do I hope I'm wrong!!!!!!!!

TimmyDthaWay2B 06-19-13 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar (Post 1300094)
Game 5.

Tonight we did, I don't know about always. Manu has been in a funk most of the playoffs. How many times have we heard ''he has a shot at redemption''....We might be to the point where we can't make that gamble anymore.