News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-13, 08:56 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I thought the Spurs had to make some difficult shots against the Heat

But what do I know? Apparently, the Heat think their D sucked... :

During the regular season, Miami only allowed more than 110 points a game three times in non-overtime games. It didn't happen once from Feb. 26 until the start of the Finals, and the Spurs have dropped 113 and 114 on the Heat in two of the past three games.

"It's pretty obvious that we didn't give that same defensive effort that we had in Game 4, and they picked us apart," Heat forward Chris Bosh said. "We didn't have the same effort from the get-go, and we waited until we were down double-digits to respond, and on the road you can't do that. From here on out, we can't continue to shoot ourselves in the foot like that."

The NBA Finals problem the Miami Heat can't hide from
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-17-13, 08:59 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Then again...

Green hit six three-pointers in San Antonio’s 114-104 victory over Miami on Sunday, helping to deliver a 3-2 series lead as the teams head back to South Florida for Game 6 on Tuesday. His remarkable three-point run now includes 25 makes through the first five games, already an NBA record. He’s currently shooting an unconscious 25-for-38 (65.8) percent from deep in the Finals, yet somehow still manages to find sufficient daylight to launch. “I can’t believe he’s still open at this moment in the series,” Spurs guard Tony Parker declared after Game 5. “They are still trapping me and doubling [Tim Duncan], and Danny is wide open. He’s shooting the ball well. If you are going to leave Danny wide open, he’s going to make threes.”

Spurs’ Tony Parker on Heat’s defense: ‘I can’t believe Danny Green is still
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-17-13, 09:55 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Parker is smart like a fox. He's addressing Miami to stay close against Green to keep himself, Manu and Duncan from double team

Next game you can expect tones of drives inside by Parker.
Old 06-17-13, 12:13 PM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuncaboylu View Post
Parker is smart like a fox. He's addressing Miami to stay close against Green to keep himself, Manu and Duncan from double team

Next game you can expect tones of drives inside by Parker.
Thats what we said after game 3...
Old 06-17-13, 03:33 PM
The Master Baiter

Well, the Heat defense was the usual after they've won a game, not as intense. The Spurs are going to have to be perfectly efficient in game 6 if they want to win. I have a fear that Green won't be as magical and that Manu's game was a fluke. So it's going to be up to Tony, TD and KY.
Old 06-17-13, 03:48 PM
SR Team Goof

Since the Heat have their backs against the wall, in order to win this critical game #6, the Heat have to do something offensively they haven’t singled out in previous games --- direct their offensive flow at Duncan, basically to get him into foul trouble early. If this option is successful, they rid themselves of TD’s defensive influence and have to deal with Splitter and Leonard for rebounds, particularly offensive boards. They will throw their entire bench at the Spurs if need be and will take some questionable chances in order to win. I have this growing fear that in either game #6 or #7, if not both, the Spurs will get homered, get in foul trouble throughout the lineup and be beaten severely at the foul line. Why am I pessimistic and feel that way ---- innate feeling that Sterns has a parting gesture at hand. Am I being a cynic in this regards with my feeling about the commissioner and refs --- damn straight I am
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Old 06-17-13, 09:01 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Here's hoping alh1020 is just being paranoid.