SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   I thought the Spurs had to make some difficult shots against the Heat (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/119901-i-thought-spurs-had-make-some-difficult-shots-against-heat.html)

SilverSpur 06-17-13 08:56 AM

I thought the Spurs had to make some difficult shots against the Heat

But what do I know? Apparently, the Heat think their D sucked... :

During the regular season, Miami only allowed more than 110 points a game three times in non-overtime games. It didn't happen once from Feb. 26 until the start of the Finals, and the Spurs have dropped 113 and 114 on the Heat in two of the past three games.

"It's pretty obvious that we didn't give that same defensive effort that we had in Game 4, and they picked us apart," Heat forward Chris Bosh said. "We didn't have the same effort from the get-go, and we waited until we were down double-digits to respond, and on the road you can't do that. From here on out, we can't continue to shoot ourselves in the foot like that."

The NBA Finals problem the Miami Heat can't hide from

SilverSpur 06-17-13 08:59 AM

Then again...

Green hit six three-pointers in San Antonio’s 114-104 victory over Miami on Sunday, helping to deliver a 3-2 series lead as the teams head back to South Florida for Game 6 on Tuesday. His remarkable three-point run now includes 25 makes through the first five games, already an NBA record. He’s currently shooting an unconscious 25-for-38 (65.8) percent from deep in the Finals, yet somehow still manages to find sufficient daylight to launch. “I can’t believe he’s still open at this moment in the series,” Spurs guard Tony Parker declared after Game 5. “They are still trapping me and doubling [Tim Duncan], and Danny is wide open. He’s shooting the ball well. If you are going to leave Danny wide open, he’s going to make threes.”

Spurs’ Tony Parker on Heat’s defense: ‘I can’t believe Danny Green is still

tuncaboylu 06-17-13 09:55 AM

Parker is smart like a fox. He's addressing Miami to stay close against Green to keep himself, Manu and Duncan from double team:)

Next game you can expect tones of drives inside by Parker.

thesuspence281 06-17-13 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuncaboylu (Post 1299819)
Parker is smart like a fox. He's addressing Miami to stay close against Green to keep himself, Manu and Duncan from double team:)

Next game you can expect tones of drives inside by Parker.

Thats what we said after game 3...

Uwe Blab 06-17-13 03:33 PM

Well, the Heat defense was the usual after they've won a game, not as intense. The Spurs are going to have to be perfectly efficient in game 6 if they want to win. I have a fear that Green won't be as magical and that Manu's game was a fluke. So it's going to be up to Tony, TD and KY.

alh1020 06-17-13 03:48 PM

Since the Heat have their backs against the wall, in order to win this critical game #6, the Heat have to do something offensively they haven’t singled out in previous games --- direct their offensive flow at Duncan, basically to get him into foul trouble early. If this option is successful, they rid themselves of TD’s defensive influence and have to deal with Splitter and Leonard for rebounds, particularly offensive boards. They will throw their entire bench at the Spurs if need be and will take some questionable chances in order to win. I have this growing fear that in either game #6 or #7, if not both, the Spurs will get homered, get in foul trouble throughout the lineup and be beaten severely at the foul line. Why am I pessimistic and feel that way ---- innate feeling that Sterns has a parting gesture at hand. Am I being a cynic in this regards with my feeling about the commissioner and refs --- damn straight I am

clovisnmspurfan 06-17-13 09:01 PM

Here's hoping alh1020 is just being paranoid.