News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-17-13, 01:19 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Joey Crawford Odds

What are the odds this guy refs one of the last 2 games?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-17-13, 02:40 AM
The Master Baiter

I'm actually not too worried about when he refs. I think the stats show that he doesn't really affect their play. I worry if Scott Foster refs. He seems to have a hard on for the Heat.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-17-13, 06:27 AM
SpursReport Team Member

We should all hope and pray we get one Crawford - Danny or Joey - for games 6 & 7. My preference Danny for 6 and Joey for 7. You know you are going to get a fair shot at the game when either of these two show up. Neither is intimidated by the home crowd.

Bill Kennedy, Tony Brothers, Ed Malloy and Zach Zorba (haven't seen in a while) can all stay home.

Ken Mauer, I can take or leave.

Last edited by polk; 06-17-13 at 06:41 AM.
Old 06-17-13, 08:05 AM
Official Whorry Hater!

1000+

Old 06-17-13, 08:32 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

The crew that officiated Game 5 seemed pretty good. Although that one African American ref that looks like one of the penguins of Madagascar made a couple of bad/missed calls that were really questionable!

Plus, remember, the league likes 7 game series, so don't be surprised one bit if some officiating shenanigans go on.

If Manual, Neal AND Green show up, it won't matter. Control the things you can control and forget the things you can't.
Old 06-17-13, 11:29 AM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

Spurs fans' obsession with Joe Crawford is tiring. There was one unfortunate incident in 2007....2007! Get over it and stop making up imaginary biases people. The numbers don't lie.
Old 06-17-13, 04:56 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Yeah, because Joe Crawford has been involved in only 1 incident his entire career. Doesn't he have a reputation? Even if it was only the 1 incident: HE CHALLENGED HIM TO A FIGHT!! What kind of ref does this? I work as a referee and if I did that to anyone, I wouldn't ref another game in my life.
Old 06-17-13, 05:23 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

The statistics prove differently, he's a hothead, so what? Everybody in the league knows it, it was like that with Javie, players know who not to piss off. He also works as one of the best referees in the world. Seriously, compare NBA refs to any other level, it's not even close. The NBA wasn't going to ban a veteran ref for life for one event like that, hell, RonRon and Jackson came back and they went into the crowd, Sprewell chocked his coach and came back.
Old 06-17-13, 05:51 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Anyone have a copy of that Halloween photo with Tim and Tony stabbing a guy dressed as Crawford?

Lol
Old 06-17-13, 05:55 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
Anyone have a copy of that Halloween photo with Tim and Tony stabbing a guy dressed as Crawford?

Lol

You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-17-13, 05:58 PM

All NBA Players have bad feeling when they see him ref not only Spurs!

Check Wade here...

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-17-13, 05:58 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

NOW THAT is a great photo!

Is it any wonder Spurs and their fans are a bit nervous about the prospect of a Joey Crawford refd game?
Old 06-17-13, 06:12 PM

Yep. Spurs fans and all NBA fans hate to see this 100 year old Joe reffing any regular season same... How About a PO Game.

I agree with SilverSpur said
If Manual, Neal AND Green show up, it won't matter. Control the things you can control and forget the things you can't.!!!!

Let's not let those refs dictate any output of any games. Spurs need to play with GREAT EFFICIENCY and don't allow those small margin of errors from such refs affecting the game.

Go Spurs Go

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-17-13, 07:39 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Of course the NBA refs are some of the best in thew world. Anyone the complains about referees should try it sometime, really not as easy as it looks and I'm dealing with high school aged boys, not the best athletes in the world. The problem with Joey isn't his calls (I agree, he won't let the crowds sway him like some guys) but he just doesn't understand that no one paid money to watch him ref.

S
Old 06-17-13, 09:17 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Brothers has hurt us more than Crawford in this series so I would lose him first if possible.
Old 06-18-13, 01:04 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom32x4 View Post
The statistics prove differently, he's a hothead, so what? Everybody in the league knows it, it was like that with Javie, players know who not to piss off. He also works as one of the best referees in the world. Seriously, compare NBA refs to any other level, it's not even close. The NBA wasn't going to ban a veteran ref for life for one event like that, hell, RonRon and Jackson came back and they went into the crowd, Sprewell chocked his coach and came back.
What statistics? Nobody said anything about banning him but you can't say he hasn't affected the Spurs since 2007. Have you ever noticed the Spurs demeanor when JC refs their games? Not all but there have been some pretty bad performances throughout that time when he refs. Maybe its just a coincidence but I can't ignore how bad the Spurs played in Game 2. Who reffed that game? Hmmmmm. Not saying JC calls a crooked game. Just noticed throughout the time that more times than not it seems they play their worst ball when JC refs it seems. Maybe its just a mental thing at this point?
Old 06-18-13, 01:32 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I'd love to have the same crew that officiated Game 5 officiate Game 6 and 7. That was the best officiated game of basketball I've ever seen.
Old 06-18-13, 09:52 AM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

Joe Crawford, Mike Callahan, Ken Mauer, Marc Davis (alternate) your referees for tonight's game.

God help us...
Old 06-18-13, 10:03 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Crawford doesn't concern me, Both Callahan and Mauer are statistically two who absolutely lean towards the home team in the playoffs, calling an average of 3 fouls more against the visitors and the home team has almost a 4 point advantage.

At least now I understand why the Vegas line opened with Miami favored by 7 and just recently got bumped to 7 1/2.

Hopefully the Spurs can handle playing 5 against 7 most of the night.
Old 06-18-13, 01:09 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezsr View Post
What statistics? Nobody said anything about banning him but you can't say he hasn't affected the Spurs since 2007. Have you ever noticed the Spurs demeanor when JC refs their games? Not all but there have been some pretty bad performances throughout that time when he refs. Maybe its just a coincidence but I can't ignore how bad the Spurs played in Game 2. Who reffed that game? Hmmmmm. Not saying JC calls a crooked game. Just noticed throughout the time that more times than not it seems they play their worst ball when JC refs it seems. Maybe its just a mental thing at this point?
If there's anything its probably mental. These stats aren't perfect, but gives a good overview of some misconceptions. Does Joey Crawford Really Hate Tim Duncan? A Scientific Investigation - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
Old 06-18-13, 01:32 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

It is kind of interesting the Crawford and Mauer were both on the crew in game 2 of the finals when the Spurs got blown out.

It could be a long, long night for the Spurs, don't forget it's not always the fouls that are called that can affect a game, it's also the fouls not called.
Old 06-18-13, 02:39 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
It is kind of interesting the Crawford and Mauer were both on the crew in game 2 of the finals when the Spurs got blown out.

It could be a long, long night for the Spurs, don't forget it's not always the fouls that are called that can affect a game, it's also the fouls not called.
Let's not forget WHEN they are called. Seems heat always get a bunching of calls when spurs gain momentum... Its money in the bank.
Old 06-18-13, 03:52 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I know it's not really relevant but... Because of the way he runs up the court with his little arms tucked into his side and he is a fossil I call Joey Crawford, Tyrannosaurus Ref!

Makes me laugh every time I see him run!
Old 06-18-13, 04:28 PM

Look LBJ and a whole lot of NBA Players HATE to see Joe Crawford so him reffing this game is mutually the same for both teams IMO.

And at Game 2 in Miami let's not forget Joe started hitting his head for a reason no one knows....

Watch Kobe also go nuts here after that bad call and dance from Joe!

Go Spurs Go!!!!