News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-13, 12:09 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Interesting note on defense against James (or, why Danny Green is FMVP)

I've been crediting Leonard with the great defense on James throughout the series, but apparently Green has been even more impressive.

James is 10-22 against Leonard, 4-16 against Green, 5-12 against Duncan.

Wade is 3-4 against Leonard, 7-20 against Green, 9-15 against Tim Duncan.

(Numbers through four games, not including game 5 yet -- source: RealGM • View topic - 2013 Finals Analysis (EV, Defense, Play Type...))
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-17-13, 12:10 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyner View Post
I've been crediting Leonard with the great defense on James throughout the series, but apparently Green has been even more impressive.

James is 10-22 against Leonard, 4-16 against Green, 5-12 against Duncan.

Wade is 3-4 against Leonard, 7-20 against Green, 9-15 against Tim Duncan.

(Numbers through four games, not including game 5 yet -- source: RealGM • View topic - 2013 Finals Analysis (EV, Defense, Play Type...))
Against Diaw 1-8 tonight too
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-17-13, 12:15 AM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

And when you think about how well he played curry during the GS series, he's essentially been playing stifling defense on two, if not the two, of the best offensive players in the league, it really shows his amazing improvement and adds to the fact that the spurs would most likely already be out of this series without him. If he has one more crazy good game it would be hard not to pick him for finals MVP imo.
Old 06-17-13, 01:05 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Don't read too much into these stats. While it does show Green has performed admirably when he has played against James, these stats don't show what goes on when James doesn't shoot the ball. Leonard has been guarding James for a much higher number of minutes than Green. Just from my on personal eye test, what I think is happening is that James has been forcing himself on offense whenever he has Green on him and is taking bad shots. If Green ended up taking primary responsibility on James I think he would figure him out and do much better.

Again I don't want to discredit what Green is doing out there, but I just don't think these stats really tell all that much.
Old 06-17-13, 02:42 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

love what green is doing.

but like tim duncan, kawhi is just quietly doing his thing, and been consistent every night.
tim and kawhi are jst so solid. big fundamental and medium sized fundament!

i think duncan should get finals mvp