News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-14-13, 08:51 PM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

GINOBILI STILL HAS TIME FOR REDEMPTION

Manu Ginobili has been playing horrid basketball as of late and has been a total non-factor for the San Antonio Spurs in the NBA Finals. The guard has career-lows in almost every statistical category; age seems to be catching up with him.

Ginobili Still Has Time for Redemption

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-14-13, 09:46 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Excellent Read! Hit that nail Right on the HEAD!!

Manu had been the BIGGEST Missing Piece to the Finals Puzzle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wholeheartedly believe Manu will have one or two breakout games coming!!!!

I know a lot of Spurs fans had given up on Manu, but I haven't yet.

I know deep down Manu is 100% HEART and DETERMINATION and PASSION for the GAME and winning the Championship because he is a Champion by Blood and a HOF!

I am not expecting a miracle or being unrealistic. I know age had slowed Manu down of his super athletic moves BUT that is NOT what is causing him to play poorly this PO esp the finals.

Manu had enough time to recover physically and work on his body to stay healthy by Pop preserving his minutes all season long to keep him fresh for the PO.....

PLUS Manu said recently that he WOULD LIKE TO PLAY 2 MORE YEARS. Obviously Manu knows his body can take 2 more years so with less minutes played he will manager to play a lesser role and survive in his own judged mind.

I believe Manu is still trying to adjust his game so he can still be competitive and help this team win more games.

I can see Manu Now has some Mental BLOCKS that is slowing his effective role here....I believe since Manu had been injured for so long, he had became super careful not to do those AGGRESSIVE moves because of two things IMO:

1. Getting injured or maybe aggravating an old injury:

I know Manu is still capable of atrociously ATTACK the basket, but he is leaning towards doing safer moves so he will last longer in the PO. Nothing wrong with that so far in the PO. However after watching Miami's Guard Wade aka Flash last night, I want to tell Manu FORGET the fear of injury now... Just do it Manu!! Do whatever you can do, this is the PO and there is no tomorrow....Chances are super stars HOF's as Manu, TD, and TP will get the call majority of the time. So take your chances and go ahead and be as aggressive as you can Manu. Don't be over cautious any more....Please stop attempt any long or short jump shots... You will IGNITE the whole WORLD if you attack the basket and be your normal Manu the instigator that Brings FEAR in opponents despite you being slowed down now.

2. Manu is afraid not to get the foul:

I can see Manu's frustration how he thought he was fouled at that point but a lot of times those refs are not calling those ticky tack fouls... Yes you need to let them know, but Pop said in the huddle don't expect to get the call all the time, move on and live with it....Don't dwell on that because you are slower on D when you are still thinking about that foul...Recover Quicker than that...Please..

If all Spurs players played a near perfect efficient game they will WIN despite those missed or biased calls.. Trust me Spurs will win despite those stupid non calls. Because Spurs will have enough RESERVOIR to survive despite that margin or errors from the refs.

Refs will give calls to the most aggressor team.

HESITATION happens because Manu doesn't want to mess it up and want a perfect move!!!

I am hoping Manu will reach down to his Soul during the next day and half and come to realize the TRUTH to set us all free and come back with the perfect game and put on his SUPER Manu Rope and disrupt the rhythm of the HEAT and create that MANU HAVOC that Changes Games and WINS Games.

Come on Manu!!! Create History again and do it one more time. Come Out of that Block you created around you and do it! No fear Manu can Great Things!!! Get Motivated and SHOW it! Do whatever you need to do and lead this team back. Tony is hobbled and this team NEEDS you Manu! Get it Done!!!!
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-14-13, 09:54 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

You either retire a star, or you play long enough to see yourself become a benchwarmer.
Old 06-15-13, 01:43 AM

Another thing I noticed on Manu that ever since the NBA started issuing FINES for the FLOP,Manu started to change his game and was never the same!!

Does anyone think this has to do with Manu's tentative steps and change of his game?

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-15-13, 02:01 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
Another thing I noticed on Manu that ever since the NBA started issuing FINES for the FLOP,Manu started to change his game and was never the same!!

Does anyone think this has to do with Manu's tentative steps and change of his game?
No, I just think he is a step slower now, period. Age and playing all summer long and so on will do that. He has played ALOT in his life! PERIOD! HE IS OLD NOW.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-15-13, 02:12 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
No I think his hamstring injuries are still bothering him and he won't be right until at least a few months of rest. I've seen him have to run into the tunnel lately at the beginning of the games while the starters are playing just to work on stretches and other excericises to keep him warm. This is why I wonder if having him come off the bench anymore is a good thing when by the time he enters he's not warmed up but really cold. Even some commentators and even one of his Argie friends said he's not healthy or 100%.
Old 06-15-13, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
No, I just think he is a step slower now, period. Age and playing all summer long and so on will do that. He has played ALOT in his life! PERIOD! HE IS OLD NOW.
True that Manu is OLD and slower, and has a lot of mileage on his body, but look at WADE and his style of play had put his body through a lot of tear and wear, still the HEART and CHALLENGE made him play that GREAT in game 4 vs Spurs...This makes me think that Manu has some issues with hesitation and MIND BLOCKS stopping his usual confidence to do the minimum of one decent game in this finals. Manu so far was able to that game winner 3 in the GSW series.....That is what I need to see some pulse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmgospurs View Post
No I think his hamstring injuries are still bothering him and he won't be right until at least a few months of rest. I've seen him have to run into the tunnel lately at the beginning of the games while the starters are playing just to work on stretches and other excericises to keep him warm. This is why I wonder if having him come off the bench anymore is a good thing when by the time he enters he's not warmed up but really cold. Even some commentators and even one of his Argie friends said he's not healthy or 100%.

Good point kmgospurs

Maybe that is the underlying issue with Manu's mental block and confidence and he is trying to hide it with that hesitation...

I am actually now leaning towards Manu is hiding an injury now.

This is the only reason. He is playing this poor. Manu is compensating and trying to stick it but poor thing he just can't catch a break....

I had noticed Pop in the interview yesterday telling the commentator before the game 4 that he NEVER TRUSTS MANU to tell him about his injury. That had to go a long way of why Manu had never recovered from his injuries in the past. Since Manu HATES sitting and waiting to heal.... Pop lost all trust in Manu to say the true injury Manu is feeling.

So I guess Manu can be still used by Pop as a DECOY!!! Still since he is a super star he will still occupy the floor and try to facilitate and try to play D or do whatever he can to get Spurs some rhythm. You never know maybe he can catch some lucky shot like he did in the GSW game....

Go Manu Go!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-15-13, 06:54 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Manu has at least TWO games to get his act in gear.

Enough with the speculation about 'what's wrong with Manu?' If Pop is determined to sink or swim with Manu and Manu keeps playing at the level he's been playing then the Spurs are done.

For heaven's sakes folks the Spurs are a NEGATIVE 22 points when he's on the floor during the playoffs., How much more proof do we need that his game has deserted him? And guess what, the coaching staff didn't have a backup plan for this eventuality. Nobody is ready to step into the role of facilitator for the 2nd unit even though the writing has been on the wall for over a year that Manu was near the end of his career.
Old 06-15-13, 01:27 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Hamstrings? With those dunks he's had?
Old 06-15-13, 04:22 PM
The Master Baiter

Yeah, let's humor the idea that he's running on bad hamstrings. What about the bad turnovers? Why is it so hard for people to just accept that he's old and can't do it anymore? I won't be too hard on those people, because I'm also hoping that he suddenly gets that magic back for two more wins.
Old 06-15-13, 05:46 PM

Do you think Manu would turn the ball over because of him being half injured. Maybe. Why not? Speed is one part of being healthy. I am not saying age has nothing to do with it. Sure! Part of it is Age. But to me it seems mostly it has to be either Mental Block or Hobbled Hammy!

Let us hope Manu and all Spurs got the good rest in that extra day and will come back with all the HUEVO to finish those Pesky Heat who won't go away...

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-15-13, 06:08 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Yeah, let's humor the idea that he's running on bad hamstrings. What about the bad turnovers? Why is it so hard for people to just accept that he's old and can't do it anymore? I won't be too hard on those people, because I'm also hoping that he suddenly gets that magic back for two more wins.
What are you talking about Manu is not turning over the ball. take a look at this:
San Antonio Spurs 2013 Statistics - Team and Player Stats - ESPN

In the post season Manu is averaging his lowest turnovers in 6 years, and also his highest
assist/TO ratio in 6 years. Technically this is his best year taking care of the basketball.
Old 06-15-13, 10:53 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

its seems like aliens from space jam movie steal his talent...
Old 06-16-13, 12:47 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
its seems like aliens from space jam movie steal his talent...
NEED TO GET MANU HIS MAGNETS! David Blaine on Manu ginobili - YouTube
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-16-13, 05:00 PM
Spartan Moderator

If he's going to get his mojo back, tonight has got to be the night. Come on, Manu!!

Old 06-16-13, 06:43 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Old 06-16-13, 09:57 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

MANU FREAKING GINOBILIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Old 06-16-13, 10:02 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

http://t.co/LPHEMqcYVW
Old 06-16-13, 10:17 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Redemption=earned. ManuVP.
Old 06-16-13, 10:21 PM
SR Team Goof

G-I-N-O-B-I-L-I !!!!
Old 06-16-13, 10:21 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

I hope he's got one more like this in him. It makes a huge difference.

Brilliant Pop move to start Manu so he didn't have to carry a unit.
Old 06-16-13, 10:29 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Way to go team. Gino is back!!!

Buckaroo Banzai
Old 06-16-13, 11:14 PM
Herman Cain of the board

1 more win folks!
Old 06-17-13, 12:54 AM

SEE How I was right.... You NEVER Underestimate the HEART of this Champion MANU!

YAY!!!

Thanks Manu!!

You Rock when you play like that! You took it upon yourself to bring the TRUTH to set us all FREE!!! And you did it!!!!

Manu was DA MAN!!!!

He Brought FEAR and THRILL into this game!!! This is the GREATEST Missing Piece of that PUZZLE revealed MANU!

WELL DONE my Friend Manu! Very Very Well played and executed!
Brilliant Basketbabll IQ that can MOVE the WROLD!!! Legend HOF GREAT CHAMPION MANU!!!!
Spurs are so Blessed to have MANU here...Arg Be Proud of MANU! One of the GREATEST Basketball HOF! No one can deny his Legacy!

NOW we need our Spurs to NEVER get so high but stay on earth and humble and approach next game as if they were down 3-0~~~

Go Spurs Go!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-17-13, 01:31 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

**** KEEP IT UP! GO MANU! GO SPURS! FIRST OF ALL GO SPURS! A TEAM GAME! WE NEED ALL ON DECK! Tony played his butt off tonight too and Tim did too! Danny Green and Leonard too! All IN HERE! WE NEED ALL TO DO THIS! Tonight we had all.
Old 06-17-13, 01:40 AM

Yep it is a TEAM GAME and we need first thing first.
First we need our BIG THREE to BRING it!!!!
Second we need our Role players to Play TEAM Basketball and put in their best effort to get it done!
Third of all we need some luck and health!!!

All Spurs TEAM have to play on the same page and at the same time to get the goal of Championship done!

Manu was a HUGE piece missing now we have that back!!!!!
We now can proceed with no FEAR!
The GIANT had been awaken!

We can't win this Championship without MANU being MANU!

Tony had been CONSISTENTLY leading the team all year long and now in the PO too. Timmy had been doing his job VERY Well.

Now we had solved that PUZZLE and no team should ever beat our Spurs!!

WATCH out HEAT!!!

I saw LBJ and WADE after this Spurs win game 5... They looked VERY DEFEATED!!!

Now we can put all the PRESSURE on Miami and play SPURS TEAM BBALL and get one more win done GAME 6 is our Spurs!!

Go Spurs Go

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-17-13, 02:32 AM
SpursReport Rookie

You can't keep a good MANu down! GO! SPURS! GO!
Old 06-17-13, 06:48 AM
SR Team Goof

Old 06-17-13, 09:04 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Stop turning over the ball, and the title comes back to South Texas...